Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You reserved in Dedham but did you have a PA address for delivery? I wonder if that made a difference...

The address in my account was set to a Boston MA address when I got the config invite email. Once I logged in and went through the deferral (waiting for AWD) and it asked me to confirm the name and address that I would be using to order/register the car and then I changed from my MA to PA address since I plan to order and register the car there.

Just how many of those that are waiting for an invite flip out when the invites stop coming to US customers just so they can hold off the tax credit till july? Think that won't spark a bunch of cancellations?
No, just buy another car in the mean time, if you love Tesla so much sell it when you can configure. I would suggest a new Honda Civic, cheap and easy to resell.

Just how many of those that are waiting for an invite flip out when the invites stop coming to US customers just so they can hold off the tax credit till july? Think that won't spark a bunch of cancellations?

Shifting some sales to Canada doesn't preclude still having sales in the U.S. I have seen conflicting numbers on how close Tesla is to 200,000, however, based on my back of the envelope calculations, Tesla can still sell 20,000-30,000 3s from March 1 to June 30th to stay below the threshold. My assumption is that they are shifting some to Canada while still have U.S. sales to stay just under the cap (with huge deliveries early July).

From the Model 3 invite spreadsheet, it does appear to have some U.S. invites this week.

Flip out? Kinda. Spark cancellations? Depends on how long they push. Less than a month and I don't think there'll be much impact. Past that and people will get rowdy.

I think that's actually further along than you think. That place could have foot traffic in less than a month.
@voip-ninja: You couldn't have been more right. The photos below were taken by this Tesla stalker at 5:30am this morning (Tue. 4/10). You don't put in a coffee maker and a table for child visitors unless you're on the verge of opening. The place looks completely ready to go and there actually are a couple cars that look like they're being serviced. A red Model 3 is prominently placed on one side of the store and it looks incredible (scroll down to the last 2 photos).
As I wait for my VIN, I couldn't be happier that it's clear I'll now take delivery at this Cherry Hill Tesla (that is only hundreds of yards from my workplace) instead of an hour away in Devon, PA where I stood in line...
IMG_4586.jpg
IMG_4587.jpg
IMG_4573.jpg
IMG_4580.jpg
IMG_4584.jpg
IMG_4565.jpg
IMG_4566.jpg
IMG_4577.jpg
IMG_4582.jpg
IMG_4583.jpg

• Love
Reactions: voip-ninja
Lol, the "place order" gave me error couple times, saying couldn't process, please try again. Clicked the button few times, tried another CC for few times, finally went through when I tried third one.

Now checking (the cc statement), I have multiple pending charges for $2500 on the first two cards and one pending on the third card :)

Anyone else had the same, did they clear by themselves in day or two, or did you have to call Tesla or cc company?

Lol, the "place order" gave me error couple times, saying couldn't process, please try again. Clicked the button few times, tried another CC for few times, finally went through when I tried third one.

Now checking (the cc statement), I have multiple pending charges for $2500 on the first two cards and one pending on the third card :)

Anyone else had the same, did they clear by themselves in day or two, or did you have to call Tesla or cc company?

Maybe you will just get that many cars... Can turn around and sell them for some profit almost immediately.

Called Tesla this morning. Guy on phone said he can see the extra charges, and will contact finance to have them cancelled. I reminded him to save one of them so I'll get my car :) Said should be fixed in 1-2 days. Will see.

Has anyone else in this thread had a VIN assigned only to see it go away?
My delivery advisor now tells me they have to find a new VIN for me so is it safe to assume that means someone else got my original car for some reason or (and this is why I'm asking) it was discovered to have issues? (If others had this happen over the last month, I'm wondering if we can assume there was a bad batch of cars coming off the assembly line.)