Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-P AWD with White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think I mentioned in this thread...but last week I changed my black interior to white, and a couple days later (Friday) my edit button went away, notified by email to get ready for the car, and asking for loan/trade in details :D I'll be picking up in Cleveland, OH

Congrats! I'm in Detroit area and picking up in Cleveland as well, scheduled for 9/11. When are you taking delivery?

Red AWD, White interior, Aeros, EAP. VIN 96XXX. Reserved 4/8/18, configured 6/27/18

Reactions: Snow Drift
Got my car today at the San Diego deliver center! Red, white interior, AWD, aeros, EAP.

Congrats on you car...sounds like a beauty. Looks like your bumper had different defects from mine, but hope Tesla makes it right.
Yes it's sad Tesla doesn't get paint quality right at the factory, I can only hope they improve quickly or their margins are going to be eaten with repair (aka re-work) cost. Overall they make a great product, but they need to get first pass quality higher.

It’s not me. I changed to white interior July 27 and they still haven’t updated my account or order. I’m in order modification purgatory. They even “escalated” my case August 10. Anybody else in the same boat?
I am in the same boat. Submitted changes over phone and email on 7/30. Almost a month now and the changes are not reflected on the account. Made few calls and that didn’t achieve much. I was told few times that my case was “escalated”. The supervisor on the last call said that the changes are noted in the factory order system and the car will be built/matched accordingly. I asked if the changes are updated on my account late, does that further push me back in the queue and he assured me that the change submit date will be considered and not when it is reflected on the account. He said their online portal needs to be updated manually and that’s why it it taking long.

I have little faith in these reps knowing how Tesla’s magic exactly works but I want to believe that this supervisor is right:)

Reactions: Sagedaddy
I am in the same boat. Submitted changes over phone and email on 7/30. Almost a month now and the changes are not reflected on the account. Made few calls and that didn’t achieve much. I was told few times that my case was “escalated”. The supervisor on the last call said that the changes are noted in the factory order system and the car will be built/matched accordingly. I asked if the changes are updated on my account late, does that further push me back in the queue and he assured me that the change submit date will be considered and not when it is reflected on the account. He said their online portal needs to be updated manually and that’s why it it taking long.

I have little faith in these reps knowing how Tesla’s magic exactly works but I want to believe that this supervisor is right:)

My delivery estimate was moved from Oct-Dec back to Sept-Nov. But my account still shows the wrong configuration, even after I spoke with several service agents who said they would "personally monitor" my account to make sure it gets corrected within the week. That was nearly 2 weeks ago. They did tell my the factory has my "correct" configuration and that the web team was very backed up and that is why the wrong configuration is still showing on my account.

Reactions: Sagedaddy
Oh look another thread I belong in.

Day 1 pre reveal reservation.
4/18 invite, 4/19 RWD AEP Blue configuration.
6/26 change to AWD
July something change to white interior
Also added FSD during the Q2 earnings call.
Edit bottom gone on 8/17 or 8/18.
Called on 8/23, still no VIN, DA assigned but out of office for the last few days so they couldn’t tell me much.

Aeros or sport wheels?

I’ve been wavering on the white seats and just decided to make the switch. I was relieved to see it didn’t change my Sept-Nov. delivery estimate, or increase the price beyond the $1500 for the seats. I’d seen some reports that the destination fee might go up.

So, now I’m in line for AWD, Red, White interior, 19” wheels, EAP.
Reserved 4/21/17
Configured 6/27/18
Updated 8/26/18

Welcome to the Nebraska white seat club! .... now back to waiting ;)

Reactions: Lpleiss
Has anyone with white seats switched from 19"s to Aero and gotten lucky?
I am running out of time on my current car and thinking of switching to Aeros since that seems to be what they have in the current batch

I am running out of time on my current car and thinking of switching to Aeros since that seems to be what they have in the current batch
I debated dropping EAP and 19s and going performance but decided the software and rims outweighed 1s of acceleration and quicker availability... Still on the fence though

I think the danger in that is we don't know the real reason why there have been virtually no AWD/white/19 deliveries. If it's only due to a stock shortage, you may luck out by switching. If, on the other hand, the lack of 19s is only because of production batching, you then run the risk of falling even further behind.

Imo, without concrete info from Tesla (which we'll never get) I think the best option is to just get what you want and it will arrive when it arrives.

I debated dropping EAP and 19s and going performance but decided the software and rims outweighed 1s of acceleration and quicker availability... Still on the fence though

So true. I didnt see the point in paying $14k extra for 1sec lower in 0-60. I will try to wait

I think the danger in that is we don't know the real reason why there have been virtually no AWD/white/19 deliveries. If it's only due to a stock shortage, you may luck out by switching. If, on the other hand, the lack of 19s is only because of production batching, you then run the risk of falling even further behind.

Imo, without concrete info from Tesla (which we'll never get) I think the best option is to just get what you want and it will arrive when it arrives.

Yeah that makes sense. Just getting super antsy about the wait. I will trying to wait through this week and see what comes of it. I was told last wednesday that i had a IDA but no VIN. Hoping he gets in touch this week. I plan on ordering the Aeros with the winter wheels.

Pasting in my post from the AWD waiting room thread:

"I spoke over the phone with a helpful lady named Kyra. I didn't get the answer I was hoping for but I think I finally understand how it works. When you put in any order modification, the entire order gets hung up until the Owner Operation Services Department makes the modification to the order. Once that occurs, they can then match you to a car. Despite having my case escalated two weeks ago, that hasn't happened yet. They really are backed up. She said that, no matter what anybody says, if you modify your order, it will cause a delay. At any point in the order. That's because it has to be processed and there is a queue for that.

A question that occurs to me now as I write this is whether going through the edit button would be automatic - and thus faster?"

That was last week. I'm going on 9 weeks since my order, 5 weeks since my order modification, and 2.5 weeks since my case was "escalated." No change or communication. Awesome!

Congrats! I'm in Detroit area and picking up in Cleveland as well, scheduled for 9/11. When are you taking delivery?

Red AWD, White interior, Aeros, EAP. VIN 96XXX. Reserved 4/8/18, configured 6/27/18
Awesome, congrats! I just got the call from my ISA - Currently looking at Sept 10-14, he said we will lock in the exact date once I get my bank and trade in info submitted.

Delay of AWD, white, 19' wheel is most likely to be related Tesla's batch scheduling since we all know that Tesla just produce all Model 3 in batches now, and then match the cars to orders on hands. Not exactly sure how their batch production works, but if we assume they produce 1 config per day, it will take 70 days to rotato all available configurations (RWD: 7 colors x 2 wheels, AWD: 7 colors x 2 wheels x 2 interiror, P3D 7 colors x 2 options (with or without Performance Upgrade) x2 interiors. )

On the bright side, it seems that time from VIN assigned to delivery is very short for Model 3 because of batch productions. I had to wait for 2 months to get my MX after receiving the VIN, since they assigned the VIN before starting the production.

Delay of AWD, white, 19' wheel is most likely to be related Tesla's batch scheduling since we all know that Tesla just produce all Model 3 in batches now, and then match the cars to orders on hands. Not exactly sure how their batch production works, but if we assume they produce 1 config per day, it will take 70 days to rotato all available configurations (RWD: 7 colors x 2 wheels, AWD: 7 colors x 2 wheels x 2 interiror, P3D 7 colors x 2 options (with or without Performance Upgrade) x2 interiors. )

On the bright side, it seems that time from VIN assigned to delivery is very short for Model 3 because of batch productions. I had to wait for 2 months to get my MX after receiving the VIN, since they assigned the VIN before starting the production.

To me, this seems like the most obvious explanation. What don't get though is why wheels would require batching. Im not in production manufacturing so my assumptions are worth about as much as a horse's ass but I would have thunk you just put whatever wheels are needed on at the end.

Reactions: Cyb_