Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Premium (non perforated) Package | Ultra White Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Diavel Sir Diavel! the 6 seat config is super awesome. I cannot emphasize enough how relieved and satisfied I am having chosen 6 over 7. It feels ridiculously more spacious and offers great leg room and grand views to all passengers. Although the 7 seater is awesome too for people who need it, but I continue to feel claustrophobic in that. I think it has something to do with the high seat backs severely limiting rear visibility. The third row seems walled off.. my 2 cents.

I am very excited. I remember at the meet the X event, I truly felt claustrophobic on the third row. Visibility was not very good. Rear view visibility was severely hampered.

I am very excited. I remember at the meet the X event, I truly felt claustrophobic on the third row. Visibility was not very good. Rear view visibility was severely hampered.
My mom was here when I went for the meet the X event. She also helped rule out the 7 seater. She was already too critical of my roadster and coupe (difficulty getting in and out).. immediately said no 7, go for 6.

@ssq Do you have more pics of your X? I ordered blue and white nonPUP. On black. Curious what it will look like.
Sorry that's not my X. I took pictures of some at the SC. This one is a blue and white nonPUP. It looks nice! I wish I took more pics that I could show you but I was too excited to think straight for this forums benefit. A friend of mine went with me, this was his first time seeing the X, he was so in awe that he did not take a single picture of anything. When I came back home and realized that I missed taking sufficient pictures I texted him to share ones he took.. He was like "pics?..ohhh..yikes! :eek:"

Last edited:
Reactions: Cloc
I would love to see pictures of the headliner / dash / and door sides for a non premium :)
Some pics of nonPUP nuances. It was the right choice for me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 289
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 289
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    308 KB · Views: 290
Some pics of nonPUP nuances. It was the right choice for me.
Great, thanks! So the fog lightsassembly does have the "sabertooth" like look when it turns on. I have a nonPUP too as you know, very happy of that choice!
The onyx wheels look very nice!
Have you seen evidence of any of the issues reported over at other threads? Did the DS go over everything (potential issue areas)in details?

Great, thanks! So the fog lightsassembly does have the "sabertooth" like look when it turns on. I have a nonPUP too as you know, very happy of that choice!
The onyx wheels look very nice!
Have you seen evidence of any of the issues reported over at other threads? Did the DS go over everything (potential issue areas)in details?

Yes. A few issues. Most look pretty fixable. DS was super nice but seemed happy to just let us take our car and get out of there. He didn't point out any potential problems and said its no longer in beta (I laughed).

The plastic button holding a panel popped off and made some hideous noise when the left FWD door opened. He couldn't get the button on and at first tried to tell me the noise is normal. (like plastic slapping) when I found the button problem he had a tech fix it. All seems well now.

Front right fender is off a little. Doesn't line up like the left side. Not a big deal, I think they can just adjust it.

Glass above FWD horizontal spot where it meets windshield area is a bit uneven. I will attach a photo. Looks like an adjustment. The seal sits off.

Chrome around back windows aren't evenly installed. I compared to a nearby X and it must be hard to install because all of them sat differently when installed. See attached.

A small paint chip. I should have been more thorough but was so excited. It's not huge and I hope they will fix that for me. Has anyone had a chip taken care of by tesla? 5mm wide on the trunk edge. (I park in uncovered areas so I didn't bang it upon opening if that's what anyone is thinking)

Car seems to have trouble detecting that the key is inside. Well at least it says that but it has never failed to turn on. It just keeps saying, key not detected inside car, will not restart. But it always does.

And I did have some dirtiness between the back seats on the felt. I am sure it's cleanable but figured I shouldn't mess with it until they give me some response.

Not complaining about the car, just pointing out some fit and finish issues.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 276
Yes. A few issues. Most look pretty fixable. DS was super nice but seemed happy to just let us take our car and get out of there. He didn't point out any potential problems and said its no longer in beta (I laughed).

The plastic button holding a panel popped off and made some hideous noise when the left FWD door opened. He couldn't get the button on and at first tried to tell me the noise is normal. (like plastic slapping) when I found the button problem he had a tech fix it. All seems well now.

Front right fender is off a little. Doesn't line up like the left side. Not a big deal, I think they can just adjust it.

Glass above FWD horizontal spot where it meets windshield area is a bit uneven. I will attach a photo. Looks like an adjustment. The seal sits off.

Chrome around back windows aren't evenly installed. I compared to a nearby X and it must be hard to install because all of them sat differently when installed. See attached.

A small paint chip. I should have been more thorough but was so excited. It's not huge and I hope they will fix that for me. Has anyone had a chip taken care of by tesla? 5mm wide on the trunk edge. (I park in uncovered areas so I didn't bang it upon opening if that's what anyone is thinking)

Car seems to have trouble detecting that the key is inside. Well at least it says that but it has never failed to turn on. It just keeps saying, key not detected inside car, will not restart. But it always does.

And I did have some dirtiness between the back seats on the felt. I am sure it's cleanable but figured I shouldn't mess with it until they give me some response.

Thanks and congrats again! I'm both excited and worried given the QC issues that are consistently seen. Maybe it's just me (or perhaps since I have not spent a 100 grand on a car before) that such fixable issues seem unacceptable out of the factory in the first place. I hope they address these soon at the factory QC checks.

Update: What do you think of the UW seats from durability standpoint. If you see my posts earlier upthread I was a bit worried about the seats backing material holding up over time so as to retain the contours, as well as the durability of the synthetic material.

Thanks and congrats again! I'm both excited and worried given the QC issues that are consistently seen. Maybe it's just me (or perhaps since I have not spent a 100 grand on a car before) that such fixable issues seem unacceptable out of the factory in the first place. I hope they address these soon at the factory QC checks.

Update: What do you think of the UW seats from durability standpoint. If you see my posts earlier upthread I was a bit worried about the seats backing material holding up over time so as to retain the contours, as well as the durability of the synthetic material.
They seem great so far. Really no way to tell without paying someone minimum wage to roll a bowling ball over your seats for 10,000 hours. Yes, that's how they test these things. I saw it once on a medical equipment factory tour.

It's comfortable right now and holding shape. I'm hoping they didn't just slap the chairs together without asking for advice.

@Cloc Are the sides of the seats made of a different material (suede like?) When I saw the seats at the SC I missed checking details. I guess it makes sense to have the sides made of a different material to avoid any squeaky rubbing sounds when the seats slide against each other. I think that's the part that's picking up dirt and getting stained.
Are you getting any protection/treatment done?(xpel, nanocoats etc.)

It looks like the dash and side leather are the same on PUP vs non PUP. I thought you had to have PUP for dash and side leather. Is there any difference besides perforated leather seats as far as interior?

It looks like the dash and side leather are the same on PUP vs non PUP. I thought you had to have PUP for dash and side leather. Is there any difference besides perforated leather seats as far as interior?
The dash is covered with alcantara on PUP vs. black leather looking plastic on nonPUP (see pictures of dash few posts upthread). As for the sides, it looks similar between PUP and nonPUP but I believe the material varies there too (leather vs. some plastic/polymer)

• Informative
Reactions: Coolcarx
Seats are awesome. They are comfortable and so nice and soft that even though I've been touting how durable they are, I worry about them getting dirty/torn. It's just so soft that you can't help but assume they are friable. They are awesome and you just don't ever want it to change.

The black gloss is holding up even with my son kicking the back of them. I've been meaning to protect them somehow, but just keep thinking "they'll be fine". I need to get around to doing all that preventative stuff, but I don't want to be without the car more than I have to. My wife said to me that this is the first time I haven't shown buyers remorse or been critical of my purchase. Apparently, I do that a lot and on this type of purchase, she expected me to really second guess my allocation of 150k.
So far so good. Driving in ludicrous mode does bring down the mileage quite a bit. But, it's a lot of fun!

My trunk glass is too high like yours. Clearly it does not seal as designed but I'm wondering if it matters. Water will flow in there but if it can drain I guess it's no big deal. If it can't drain it's going to be a big deal.