Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"non refurbished" CPOs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday this 2015 P85D was sold as a CPO for $59,300, 36K miles? well loaded. It has already twice been rejected, I hope this 3rd buyer realizes what they have bought. The car has been heavily keyed on 2 panels to bare metal, plus lots of other dents, scrapes etc. It amazes me that Tesla has no qualms offering this vehicle as a CPO. I think if you are shopping for a CPO, if the car has already been rejected it should be a warning to you.
Dropbox - 090842 - Simplify your life

Reactions: davidc18
I'm pretty close to knocking Tesla CPO off my list of where to get a used Tesla from... why would they even offer this?
IF you used your Tesla for taxi service - why would you care about the scratches?
Nice thing about a dented car, you no longer worry so much about where you park.

I've had a fallen tree dent my roof, truck small dent in trunk lid, scrape on front fender. Did ANYONE ever notice? One that I remember and must have been one more after 28 years. YOU notice, no one else cares. Oh, I forgot bad key scratches on the hood when I bought - car white, undercoat epoxy also white and I don't remember anyone noticing - I noticed almost weekly when I washed the car most Sat. mornings the first decade or so. Check my avatar photo - all damage (except hood) are in plain site. Can you see them??

I bought jeep in my avatar as a Salvage Title, had been in a storm with debris hitting it all over and one window broken so slight signs of water, stole it.. I never worry about scratching it, ever,, but if I had paid the full 52 for it I might have been a "little" nicer..

Still would be nice to trust anything from Tesla again..

• Funny
Reactions: Brando
Sorry to hear that. But unfortunately not too surprised. Did they refund your deposit readily? This is an example why I posted the caution in post #82 above.

This car near you might possibly be an extra nice private owner one. More money for sure but newer, more equipment, lower miles, and still about 19 months of factory warrenty remaining. You’d like the Next Gen Seats in this one a lot better than the old original seats in the CPO car.

Used 2015 Tesla Model S Signature for sale in Dover, MA 02030: Sedan Details - 484351790 - Autotrader
I don't understand how someone gets away with calling their car for sale a "2015 Signature." If it isn't early 2012, it isn't a Model S Signature! Caveat Emptor!

Sure but there has to be some middle ground between that and we don't refurbish, take the used Tesla you just bought to a body shop and get it fixed. That attitude is inconsiderate and disrespectful for someone paying $70,000 for a used car. No car dealer would treat a CPO customer this way.

It is worth noting that every car manufacturer and dealer between Kia and Mercedes has figured out how to cost effectively refurbish CPO cars and offer a pleasant and predictable experience for customers. Whether you go to a VW CPO car lot or a Porsche CPO lot, you will see the cars have all been refurbished to look like new.

I don't understand why the entire car industry, for all their faults, can offer like new CPO cars to customers with the exception of Tesla. A Tesla customer should be treated at least as well as a CPO Kia customer o_O
Vote with your dollars.
Trusting a car dealer? seriously??
IF you trust him, why are you shopping other places???

I think part of the issue is that without a traditional dealership, Tesla is not equipped to sell used cars the way we are accustomed to. Other brands can do body work and high-level detail right on their own property.

I'm youngish and progressive, but I still find the Tesla "store" experience a bit lacking even for a new car transaction.

I think they'd be better off creating a new division which could process and sell CPO cars the old fashioned way - or, wholesaling them to one or several companies which could become known as the place to go for a properly refurbished used Tesla.
Just made 200,000 cars in about 6 years - still a startup, dah. CPO ? you mean used? You need a certification to prove to you it is used?