Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Non-Reservation AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On @Troy 's spreadsheet, about 23% of those with AWD configuration don't have a reservation. Count me in that group. Don't get me wrong, I totally believe everyone who reserved and configured before me should be rewarded by getting their car before me. You reservation holders are after all a key motivator in keeping production moving forward! Thank you!

I closely watch AWD reservation VIN vs. non-reservation VIN as an indicator of my spot in line. That along with all of the great data in @Troy 's spreadsheet! As of today, 30% of AWD reservation holders have VINs. It seems to be clicking along at about 1% more each day having started in volume in early August. Simple math suggests a couple of months to get the egg through the snake, but as we know...past performance is no guarantee of future results.

BUT, don't stop refreshing your account page! ;) 5% of AWD orders without a reservation have slipped through the cracks. Some lucky combination of configuration, location and good karma perhaps. So it CAN happen.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll post updates on this periodically.

Reactions: TechSavvyWife
Yes, I keep track also.

I am a Jan 2018 reserver. So I am between those two groups. Behind most reservers and ahead of non reservers.

I expect it does not mater much. They will plug along at 1% per day for a while and then all at once, everyone will get a car.

I’ve been tracking non-reservation holders with AWD as well since I’m also one (ordered 8/11). It seems most of the ones with VINs so far have had white interiors. I’ve been thinking of changing mine to white but don’t want to risk losing my place in line.

Were you in the group from Canada that had the $14k (?) rebate reinstated?

In Canada, it's the provinces that give their own rebate (or not like Alberta), they are independent form on each other. Ontario rebate is 14k and Québec's one is 8k. It's like Utha giving 14k$ and California its own 8k$.

Québec havent't give an end date yet in the contrary of Ontario.

BTW, our prices are +30% higher than your prices... So a 70k$ car in US = +/- 91k$ here.

In Canada, it's the provinces that give their own rebate (or not like Alberta), they are independent form on each other. Ontario rebate is 14k and Québec's one is 8k. It's like Utha giving 14k$ and California its own 8k$.

Québec havent't give an end date yet in the contrary of Ontario.

BTW, our prices are +30% higher than your prices... So a 70k$ car in US = +/- 91k$ here.

Interesting @Mironski ! Thank you. Sorry the exchange rate makes the car so expensive. If it's any consolation Utah is $0, but I will get the $7,500 federal...delivery willing :)

Well, the delivery appointment bonanza continues since yesterday! For AWD reservation holders, new VINs increased the normal 0.7%, however, delivery appointments increased a whopping 9.5%. The love was not lost on non-reservation holders who saw an increase in delivery appointments of 7.5%. Pleased to say I'm in that later category getting a 9/25 delivery appointment today. Really doesn't make sense with the reservation date based order that we've generally been seeing to this point. Best I can guess is that they threw out all of the rules to maximize deliveries before the end of the quarter. I'm a cash buyer, close geographically in Salt Lake City, with all the bells (non-performance). Who knows. Just glad to see it rolling!

upload_2018-9-7_13-49-1.png