Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-SpaceX Launch Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Firefly Aerospace
@Firefly_Space

Today, Firefly’s Alpha launch had a successful liftoff & progressed seamlessly through each stage of flight, including MECO, stage separation, fairing separation and the first SECO. Alpha’s scheduled stage 2 engine relight did not deliver the payload to its precise target orbit. Communications to the spacecraft has been established and mission operations are now underway.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394 and HVM
The media ethic of that company is decidedly "different". Metal rock for the background music. Pukey yellow-green color with a terrible font. Bleh. I'm glad I didn't watch that live. I didn't hear the disabled reference, but that's pretty random.

It's still an amazing accomplishment. I'd have trouble even building a metal tube that long, let alone accelerating it to orbital velocity. It's a shame they didn't get 100% success out of it. Speaking of which, we're still waiting on you, Blue Origin.

• Funny
Reactions: Grendal and ecarfan
In isolation the elevator comment might seem odd to point out, but in context, they really seemed to be looking for things to be delf congratulatory about... Karman line... big windows... how they are gonna bring back all this cool moon-tech to earth... it was relatively cringerrific....

• Funny
Reactions: Electroman
In isolation the elevator comment might seem odd to point out, but in context, they really seemed to be looking for things to be delf congratulatory about... Karman line... big windows... how they are gonna bring back all this cool moon-tech to earth... it was relatively cringerrific....
And always wondered what experiments can one do with just about 60 odd seconds of being in space in near zero gravity, and 2 minutes of free falling through atmosphere.

But the commentators listed a slew of experiments including one about growing some plants !! Huh ?