Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Central Washington high amperage L2 Charging Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
JackA, what a great project, and I concur that the SunCountry model and the CS charging stations are the way to go!!

are all these charging stations going to be available to the public or just patrons of the sponsor business?

I've gone on a weekend adventure nearly every week over the last 5 weeks, heading out to Chelan one weekend. The lack of high AMP charging stations and lack of plans by Tesla to put in SC's makes traveling in these areas quite challenging currently!

Plug-In NCW is a 501 (c) 3 organization and only provides EVSE to hosts who allow universal access. That means anyone can plug in, patron or not. If you check "Plugshare.com" you will see one Tesla HPWC near Chelan. It is at our home which is only 15 miles down river from Chelan town center. Also the city operated RV park is listed as a source of 240V40A charging. Several drivers have reported that the management and staff have been helpful and happy to see them! Give us a call when you head for Chelan; (509) 784-1747 and we will try to link up in Chelan or you can charge here.

- - - Updated - - -

tom t: Why not attend the Electromotion EV Winery Tour on August the 24th? Check it out: http://electomotionwinerytour-es2005.eventbrite.com/?rank=1

Bring them all, its free and educational...

- - - Updated - - -

DouglasR: Thanks, we are looking into the cost of revitalizing our current website: plugincenter.com including a PayPal "Donate" button is a consideration.

For now, a check made payable to Plug-In NCW mailed to: Plug-In NCW, PO Box 1064, Wenatchee, WA 98807 will get you an IRS compliant receipt and further the electrification of Washington's premier winery and recreational region.

Each of our installations cost $2,200 for the high amperage EVSE, signage and a use monitoring device. One Hundred percent of all donated money is used for purchase of EVSE and this associated equipment. Administrative expenses are donated by individuals directly involved with Plug-In NCW. We certainly will welcome your contribution as we have three units being installed now and want to start on the North Cascades Highway next with installations at Mazama and Winthrop. Jack

This is an extremely good cause. It would be great if we could get lots more fast chargers installed. Jack, you have a check coming to you in the mail - $2200 - it should be good for one EVSE but use it how ever you see fit.

PhilBa: WOW! Thanks. Lunch and an 80A charge are on me next time you visit north central Washington.

Hi Jack! We are so impressed and pleased by this effort. I first heard about you from Kent Rathwell of SCH when he arrived in Victoria last December with the Columbia River water you gave him to pour into the harbour along with his vase of Atlantic Ocean water carried all the way from Newfoundland in his Roadster.

Well, PhilBa inspired us to get in the game. Next week, you will be receiving another $2,200 check from us. We would like you to apply it toward the purchase and installation of one of the planned chargers on the North Cascades Highway. My wife, who grew up in Sunnyside, WA, LOVES that drive, and we have been looking forward to taking one our our Tesla's on it for some time now!

All the best,

Vincent and Maggie

Excellent Vincent! Next time you are in Seattle, I would love to feed you dinner.

Vincent and Maggie; Thank you for your support! For sure let Charlene and me know WHEN you make the Highway 20 trip. We have a HPWC and a guest bedroom! You might use the Electromotion EV Winery Tour as an excuse to make the trip sooner, rather than later: Electromotion EV Winery Tour Tickets, Chelan - Eventbrite

- - - Updated - - -

Gents! Thanks for the kind offers. We will try to take you both up on those at some point. We have a conflict with the winery tour, so that is not a possibility for us.

All the best!

Plan to attend the Electromotion EV Winery Tour on 24 August. It will be fun and you will be pioneering EV tourism in Chelan! Electromotion EV Winery Tour Tickets, Chelan - Eventbrite

If this link fails: send me an e-mail [email protected]

I'm interested in attending, I'm coming in from the Seattle area. I'm concerned with so many EVs in need of charging, I won't be able to get home. I for sure will need to charge my S85. So my question(s): Will there be ample opportunity to charge? Is this a 21+ event only?

Thank you!

almostFitToEat: Plug-In NCW has rented five RV sites in Chelan for Saturday through Sunday morning at 11:00 AM. We have a charging plan for rotating and delivering cars if owners are willing. This is why the maximum number of participants is capped at 30 vehicles. We can take parties to their local hotels in our cars while their cars are charging or we will deliver charged cars on Sunday morning. We have two volunteers who will camp in the RV park Saturday night to rotate the charging. Also, 15 miles away, actually on your route home if you use Highway 97 rather than 97 Alternate, is a HPWC that you are welcome to use either Saturday or Sunday. There is more detail at the Electromotion EV Winery Tour site on Eventbrite.

Sorry I missed the question about 21+... young people are invited to attend. The registration point is in the middle of Lake Chelan's city park, there is access to the lake, miniature golf and play areas for younger persons. Each of the wineries we are visiting are open to all...

Last edited:
There are only a few tickets remaining. This is the route. Also, we are intending to provide some supervision for younger children by contacting the local Girl Scouts to see if some of their "certified" babysitters might consider supervising at the playgrounds. Please let me know soon if this is of interest to you!

Electromotion EV Wine Tour 2013 Map.jpeg

We have hired Reina, a women in her twenties, who works with mentally challenged individuals as a day job to supervise young children during the Electromotion Winery Tour on the 24th. Reina will watch childred from about 1 - 5 PM on Saturday. Our intention is that parents will come to the Lakeshore Park and pick up their children for the dinner an Vin du Lac. If you would prefer not to have your children at the dinner please let me know and I will see if Reina can accommodate your desires. Plug-In NCW will pay Reina from the registration fees, however, this is a fund raiser so if parents would like to assist we will be happy to accept the offer. Looking forward to an enjoyable and informative tour.