Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Florida model 3 deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just stopped by the Jacksonville delivery center about an hour ago and saw at least a dozen Model 3's between the showroom and the service bays. Looks fantastic in person.

IMG_5073.JPG

Last edited:
Did you get more pictures? Mine is midnight silver with sport wheels? It should be there.
Unfortunately I just took a few quick snaps of the 3 cars currently in the showroom (2 red and 1 black). I didn't want to stay long as I was creeping around after hours in the dark parking lot haha. I live very close so I might try going back tomorrow with a quality camera and getting a few more of the cars in the service bays, I'm sure yours is in there.

Model S owner, deposit when on-line ordering opened, first day. Got invite to configure on 01/04. Received VIN two weeks ago. Delivery set for 02/09 at Edenville (Orlando). Called by DS on 02/08 and told there was transportation damage. Photos reveled several minor scratches on the rear bumper cover. Service center took the car to a repair shop today and I am awaiting a timeframe for the bumper cover to be repaired before delivery. Believe it or not, I was offered a replacement car to be delivered within 3 to 4 weeks if I am not satisfied with this one. Couldn't ask for more than that. There were several Model 3's either on the lot or inside the service center today. All looked good for exterior fit and finish. I didn't want to ask to look over the interiors as I will see my own soon enough.

Since I am a non owner and live just south of St. Aug I decided to go to the cars and coffee event that EVANNEX hosted last Sunday since I figured they wouldn't be planning on having a demo in town center anytime soon. I also really wanted to experience the car before ordering it as I had some of my own concerns about it.

I am 6'2" and 280 and I felt comfortable with plenty of room on the sides and head room. I was able to sit in the back with the seat even with the drivers seat set to where I was comfortable driving it. Trunk opening still feels a bit lower than I would like, but plenty of room. Frunk was about as small as it looks. Door handles will take a little bit of getting used to, but overall weren't bad.

It was pretty warm and sunny but heat wasn't an issue, however the glare on the screen was. My wife even made a comment about it being hard to see the screen with the reflection, but the hood was up so that may have been part of the issue? Maybe some tint will help with glare?

The AC system is interesting, but in a good way, really fine control over where the air goes. Finding the controls for everything was pretty intuitive, granted I have seen a ton of youtube videos but still. The distance for resting your arm and touching the screen was perfect for me.

Aeros are what you think they are, but personally I am ok with waiting and finding some other wheels that I don't finance along with the car. There were a few 3's at the event so I was able to see all of them to compare and I just don't see the point in spending/financing the extra $1,500 right away.

From the beginning I have not been a fan of the wood. After seeing it in person, it's not that bad. But I would still prefer to get the white interior (lol, yeah I know). Depending on when it is released and non-owners get their invites it is still my plan to hold out.

As most people have been saying the piano black console is a lint/fingerprint magnet. That is one thing that I am going to be wrapping right away in vinyl. Not sure if I want to do that matte black or carbon fiber yet. For around $50 it will be well worth it.

If anyone has any other questions I can try and answer, but I probably won't be able to give you anymore info than most of you know.

I am hoping that once a few people in Jax get their cars we can do our own meet-up and just let people see the car. I know other will appreciate it, but I understand people being wary of letting strangers in their cars.