Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Virginia group buy for PPF / ceramic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay after finding some great deals on some precut Scotchgard Pro PPF (<$125 for the front end and lights), I'm going to try to get a sheet to do the hood too. I'll likely get RPMTesla's body colored door wraps, their CF spoiler and mirror covers.

Has anyone here actually done a precut install themselves? I thought it might be easy, but I've heard that the bumper/front end is actually really tough if you've never done it before. I'm going to ask around to see if any installers will work with customer supplied precut.

If it doesn't work out, I figure it's only $125 lost for some education. I just got my delivery email today, so only a couple weeks before I can try it out.

~Paik

Has anyone done any paint correction on their cars yet? I am getting quotes from a few folks like American Shine and TLC. My plan is to take my car directly from delivery to one of their locations since I head out of town the next day for a trip. I would hope a single step correction should be good enough for a brand new delivery, but I know there are horror stories about Tesla paint.

Afterwards I plan on trying the precut 3M PPF on the bumper/lights (fingers crossed) and then do a DIY ceramic with Gyeons.

~Paik

Hello Fellow NoVa Tesla owners! I just ordered my M3P yesterday and plan on wrapping it when it comes in and then ceramic coat. I am lazy and want low maintaince and I also plan to keep this car forever. The prices online are daunting. Is anyone still interested in a group deal? May I ask what you guys paid for similar services in Northern Virginia?

Hello Fellow NoVa Tesla owners! I just ordered my M3P yesterday and plan on wrapping it when it comes in and then ceramic coat. I am lazy and want low maintaince and I also plan to keep this car forever. The prices online are daunting. Is anyone still interested in a group deal? May I ask what you guys paid for similar services in Northern Virginia?
Let me know what group deal you can find?

Reactions: Bamagirl68
Just throwing this out there since I recently requested a quote today: Pro Shield Inc. in Sterling, VA is charging $5,500 for Suntek or Xpel PPF for the entire Tesla Model 3 car. Way too expensive for my taste for full wraps, but I'll understand due to the time spent to apply the films with time dedication. For that type of money, I'd rather just spend where it needs to be protected the most, door edges and door handles. Repainting the front bumper and hood definitely cost less, and over 12 years of ownership of my previous ICE car, $5,500 would be considered a tremendous waste.

Hey guys - I am back from a long story, my car got into an accident and I just got it back. It took over 6 weeks to get the sensors and get it re-painted and it looks amazing. Luckily the car was parked and he scraped the rear bumper from left to right., he was kind enough to come get me from my lunch and tell me he hit my car. So go to today...I picked up the car about a week ago and it looks amazing now I am leaving for my 1st anniversary trip on 8/28 and will be back on 9/11. Will drop of the car to fix the rear bumper wrap and do Gold ceramic coating with EWR.

If you guys want I can start a group for Front Full PPF and/or Ceramic Coating. It all depends on how many people we get the more we get the cheaper it will be. I got Front full on my Model 3 and will do ceramic coating in gold to ensure the car is spotless.

Let me know who wants what and I can start a list and see what is the best price Bobby at EWR can do for us. Keep in mind I was the 1st white model 3 he worked and I can tell you his service and work is amazing.

Hi Reaction 26. I am so glad that they were able to fix your car. 6 weeks without your Tesla must have been painful!

I am interested in PPF and ceramic coating. I would love a full PPF wrap to prevent dings and scraps in parking lots. However, EVW is quoting $7K for that. I have seen it elsewhere for $5500 even without a multiple car discount. That is a pretty big difference. With a multiple car discount, I was hoping to pull that down within my price range. I was thinking of having ceramic coating over the PPF to make cleaning easier, but I have heard that the ceramic coating might make the self healing of the xpel less effective. Besides, this is getting crazy expensive. If you check with EVW, I can check prices a couple of other places. Like I said, EVW was way more expensive right out of the box, but they might come down on price.

Hi Reaction 26. I am so glad that they were able to fix your car. 6 weeks without your Tesla must have been painful!

I am interested in PPF and ceramic coating. I would love a full PPF wrap to prevent dings and scraps in parking lots. However, EVW is quoting $7K for that. I have seen it elsewhere for $5500 even without a multiple car discount. That is a pretty big difference. With a multiple car discount, I was hoping to pull that down within my price range. I was thinking of having ceramic coating over the PPF to make cleaning easier, but I have heard that the ceramic coating might make the self healing of the xpel less effective. Besides, this is getting crazy expensive. If you check with EVW, I can check prices a couple of other places. Like I said, EVW was way more expensive right out of the box, but they might come down on price.

Yeah, I realized I'm just too cheap to spend $5K+, and I'm not obsessive with maintaining my car so I don't think I'd benefit much from doing an entire custom job. I'm going the DIY method of ceramic with Gyeons and doing a pre-cut bumper and DIY custom full hood.

~Paik

Bamagirl68 - thanks yea me 2 - I almost was getting depressed. My boy Marty who lives in Clifton near me came to my house so I could take a look at his Model 3 in blue so I could get more excited when I got mine. I believe your right EWR is charging $7K for the whole car but I would not do the whole car unless you are going to keep it for at least 8-10 years. I got the full front PPF instead of the whole car...

Paik4Life - I know its a lot of money but its more of an investment only if you knew how much I have spent already on the car. I would not suggest to do it yourself as you will spend more time and money to get it perfectly done. But if you have a clean area and have that much time you can give it a try.

Just my 2 cent ;)

Reactions: Bamagirl68
Paik4Life - I know its a lot of money but its more of an investment only if you knew how much I have spent already on the car. I would not suggest to do it yourself as you will spend more time and money to get it perfectly done. But if you have a clean area and have that much time you can give it a try.

Just my 2 cent ;)

Oh I agree it can be worth every penny depending on your purpose. I drive cars for 10+ years and am too lazy to maintain a showroom level of shine for myself. If I was intending to resell in a few years or something, I might want to invest in hopes to maintain at a higher level for resale. I just want my car to look nice enough and be easier to do maintenance washes.

~Paik