Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not getting any software updates??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
new cars don't get software updates for month+
I've seen this a few times, but is it true? I took delivery of my MYP on June 5 2021, and received a software update the very next day. The car had a mere 83 miles on it. For anyone interested, here is my update history

2021.36.5.1 on Nov 14 2021
2021.32.21 on Sep 29 2021
2021.4.21.3 on Aug 12 2021
2021.4.18.10 on Jun 30 2021
2021.4.18.3 on Jun 16 2021
2021.4.18.2 on Jun 6 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: sunfarm
Interesting, my 2021 MYLR is still stuck on original delivery software, missing out on any features that came out since pretty much October
Can’t help but wonder if the next big massive push will be Christmas and they’re holding out on updating anything else until then… likely wrong but makes us feel a little better. I received MYP on 11/21 and haven’t had an update yet (connected to WiFi and tethered to iPhone when driving).

Do software updates always come in sequential order? I still don't have the update to give me live view of the cameras from the app.
In other words, do I have to receive that one before I receive the holiday update? Or will the holiday update be pushed out and automatically include the features of the other updates?

I've only had 2 software updates since I purchased in June.

Do software updates always come in sequential order? I still don't have the update to give me live view of the cameras from the app.
In other words, do I have to receive that one before I receive the holiday update? Or will the holiday update be pushed out and automatically include the features of the other updates?

I've only had 2 software updates since I purchased in June.
Why you don't have a live view of the cameras? I understand, I am living in Canada and here no any valuable updates for months (live stream, FSD Beta, Add point ect), but in US the most good updates from Tesla. Interesting. I purchased my car(love it) in mid 07/21 ( factory update 2021.3.104) and after that only 3 updates, but two my friends One in Florida and one in Montana- the same cars , the same configuration, even the same color 🤣 and they have in US -7 updates!!! All M3LR.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Can’t help but wonder if the next big massive push will be Christmas and they’re holding out on updating anything else until then… likely wrong but makes us feel a little better. I received MYP on 11/21 and haven’t had an update yet (connected to WiFi and tethered to iPhone when driving).
Got my 3 on Nov 8 and also still on the delivered version, 2021.35.102.1

My delivery was 9/16/2021. I had two software updates 2 days apart at the very end of October. Nothing now for 50 days. Sitting at 36.8 still….. Doesn’t make much sense, but I also hope there is a big Christmas push so I can get these new features I keep hearing about.

I'm still trying to figure out what all these cars stuck on 2021.36.5.1 have in common. We have two MY LR - one built in 3/21 (radar & FSD) and one built 6/21 (vision & FSD). Both stuck on 36.5.1 since October. Could it be the FSD?
You think that's bad? Until this morning, I was stuck on 2021.32.22 since September. I was hoping for something new and it only upgraded me to 2021.36.5.1. I had heard it was because I had opted into the FSD beta and didn't have the safety score necessary to get it. I finally have a 98 score but who knows when I'll get the Beta. The TeslaFi software tracker says 20% of the fleet is still on 2021.36.5.1.

My delivery was 9/16/2021. I had two software updates 2 days apart at the very end of October. Nothing now for 50 days. Sitting at 36.8 still….. Doesn’t make much sense, but I also hope there is a big Christmas push so I can get these new features I keep hearing about.
I'm in the exact same situation, except I took delivery on 9/22. Good to know it may be something intentional with our batch of cars, and not just my problem.

I'm still trying to figure out what all these cars stuck on 2021.36.5.1 have in common. We have two MY LR - one built in 3/21 (radar & FSD) and one built 6/21 (vision & FSD). Both stuck on 36.5.1 since October. Could it be the FSD?
I think this is likely. I, too, am in the Beta wait list and am stuck on 2021.36.5.1 and missing out on waypoints and being able to live view from the cameras. If I did get Beta they would probably have to downgrade me because 2021.45.x.x isn't compatible with FSD at this time. I think I'm going to bag the Beta wait list and see what happens.

Why tether to iPhone while driving? You have a premium connectivity trial.

My 2021 M3LR is installing 2021.44.6 as I type. I've had my 2021 MYLR for almost 8 weeks now and it is still on 2021.36.5.5 which is what it had installed from the factory. Heading to the SC today for an alignment and I am asking if they can push the update to my MY.

My 2021 M3LR is installing 2021.44.6 as I type. I've had my 2021 MYLR for almost 8 weeks now and it is still on 2021.36.5.5 which is what it had installed from the factory. Heading to the SC today for an alignment and I am asking if they can push the update to my MY.
I've been stuck on 36.5.5 on my MYLR since deliver on 2-Dec, as well. I'm assuming it may be another month before getting regular updates. My wife took a M3LR on 19-Nov and is on 2021.35.something. Neither have waypoints yet.

Neither on FSD. I assume due to new vehicle delivery, we're not in regular cadence of getting updates. I read it takes some time before getting ~monthly update pushes, though also with FSD development there may be a focus on that branch starving other releases.

The Tesla release manager must have a headache with how packaging/release work.