Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not seeing Grid and Home in app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Tesla solar system turned on yesterday and I am not seeing "grid" and "home" like I see on other people's app. Also there isn't output showing yet. Is that normal?

CMpAtkJ.png

I thought this was correct if you don't have Powerwalls and the associated Tesla Energy Gateway. Essentially all you can see is the output from the inverters via the Tesla inverter gateway box (4 " X 4" black box). But someone correct me if this is wrong.

See, Tesla App Overview for Solar Panels | Tesla Support

BTW, that is one strange-looking graph. Were a lot of clouds going by that day.

It may be correct but at least that solar should show the production values in kWh. If he has that graph, it came from someplace, like the current sensors? Why is it not tabulating.

I have such looking solar parts, way under showing the calculation, or not at all even with a graph showing and then, at times works perfectly to match my Enphase data.
I called twice, thought it was fixed just to go back to usual misbehavior.

I thought this was correct if you don't have Powerwalls and the associated Tesla Energy Gateway. Essentially all you can see is the output from the inverters via the Tesla inverter gateway box (4 " X 4" black box). But someone correct me if this is wrong.

See, Tesla App Overview for Solar Panels | Tesla Support

BTW, that is one strange-looking graph. Were a lot of clouds going by that day.
I have a black box they gave me hooked my to my router. Guy say it was for servicing the system. Yeah, I don’t have Powerwalls. I see on other people’s app a grid on there. Yes lol, it has been raining off and on all day and very cloudy

I have a black box they gave me hooked my to my router. Guy say it was for servicing the system. Yeah, I don’t have Powerwalls. I see on other people’s app a grid on there. Yes lol, it has been raining off and on all day and very cloudy
It "could be" missing something.

People that have solar only may or may NOT have energy consumption showing in the app. It depends on whether the device that measures consumption in the home was installed or not. Some seem to get it, and some dont.

I would call the energy line tomorrow and report "I am not seeing solar generation numbers or consumption in my app" and see if they need to flip the switch on something. With that being said, if you got INSTALLED yesterday, they may not turn that stuff on until you get official permission to operate (PTO) from your utility. If you "got it turned on" yesterday, meaning you waited until you got PTO then turned it on, Then they should be able to fix it for you.

Our solar and powerwall install is nearly complete. We still have a few maintenace items, one being adding a neurio to one of the interior panels which I think we were told talks to the inverter or gateway. Both pieces of equipment are installed on the opposite wall in our double car garage from where the distribution/generation panels reside. Think it was was used in cases where the equipment is further away. Still need to have the inverter commissioned as well.

It may be correct but at least that solar should show the production values in kWh. If he has that graph, it came from someplace, like the current sensors? Why is it not tabulating.

I have such looking solar parts, way under showing the calculation, or not at all even with a graph showing and then, at times works perfectly to match my Enphase data.
I called twice, thought it was fixed just to go back to usual misbehavior.

The output from inverters could come from the Tesla inverter gateway (the little black box). That would not have tabulation data.

I got PTO on Wednesday and I'm seeing the same as OP, but I know for sure they installed a power blaster/Neurio. My gateway is located nearly adjacent to the panel and inverter. I'll call Tesla today and see what they say.

I have a new breaker for my Power Blaster that they labeled. Though they could possibly tie off another breaker if your panel is full.

upload_2020-9-4_9-13-52.png

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
So then one would never know how much solar is generation? At least not from this app?

In the full setup for solar only, the SolarEdge Inverter and the Power Blaster both send data through the little Tesla Gateway device so it will display in the app. If this is setup correctly one should be able to see:
  • Power generated by the solar panels
  • Power consumed by the home
  • Power sold to the grid
  • Power bought from the grid

I have solar only. My installer installed the Neurio so I can see how much is going to/from the grid.

View attachment 584142

Just checking @SoCal Dave , are you seeing that data before PTO?

My system is fully installed, I opened up my main panel and saw the Powerblaster hooked up, but absolutely no data on my Tesla app. And I know Tesla checked the Powerblaster was working when they commissioned the system, because they called to explain the monitor was hooked up backwards and came back the next day to fix it...