Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not strictly Tesla related but...... transferring cherished plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have a private plate on my car however I have now won the one that I had been after for a while as it came up on a DVLA auction.
I have received the retention certificate and had the plates made up, normally it would be a case of just assigning the new plate to the car but I already have a private plate on it so if I do that won't I just lose the current cherished plate?
My thought is that I will have to pay the £80 to remove the current plate, wait for the new V5 to arrive and then assign the new cherished plate, is that correct?
If so then it seems a little long winded but I can't see any other way of doing it if I want to keep the rights to both plates.

Anyone know any different?

I have personal plates on MY LR and an updated V5C, however my Tesla account appears to only have the original VRN issued at time of collection. Tesla seem unable to tell me how the personal number can be added to my account. The slight problem is that currently all invoices issued by the Service Centre show the out of date VRN which is a problem when the invoice is the subject of an insurance claim. Accessing myTesla account online either through the app or through the web on a PC/Laptop does not offer any way of making the change. Does anyone have any advice on this issue?

That is what I thought, well the original cherished plate was cheap so rather than pay the £80 to keep it and then eventually maybe get around £100-£150 for it I just put the new one on and gave up the rights to the other.
You'll probably find that if/when you take your new cherished plate off the car will revert back to this "discarded" cherished plate, rather than the original (unless the discarded plate sells in the meantime)