Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Thrilled w/ Tesla as a Company

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On top my SR+ coming an exterior defect, a tilted steering wheel and a black mesh front speaker cover that isn’t flush, I just received my registration packet with somebody else’s bill of sale inside instead of mine with 12 days until my temporary tag expires...

Hopefully they can mail me my bill of sale in time to register my car and my upcoming service appointment ends this chain frustrations.

GettyImages-673988278-6b2b1e1.jpg

Human relations: Tesla has no clue how to do that. They will delay, not answer emails, calls etc.....give wrong information but, they will have your documents on your Tesla site. NY is a screwed up state but even we can do the dealer thing.

Are you guys saying the bill of sale should be in the Manage->View Details section of my account? I’ve looked all over and can’t find it.

In my experience purchasing 4 Teslas in a state (Louisiana) which does not allow them to sell - the paperwork you need to register & title the car (signed copy of Bill of Sale and the original Manufacturer's Statement of Origin) comes in the FedEx and is not readily available on the website.

Mike

On top my SR+ coming an exterior defect, a tilted steering wheel and a black mesh front speaker cover that isn’t flush, I just received my registration packet with somebody else’s bill of sale inside instead of mine with 12 days until my temporary tag expires...

Hopefully they can mail me my bill of sale in time to register my car and my upcoming service appointment ends this chain frustrations.

GettyImages-673988278-6b2b1e1.jpg

Your temp reg is going to expire before they get your docs sent out. Many owners have had this issue. Best you could hope for a few years ago was to call them and have them issue a new temp tag. Even back then their attitude was “don’t worry about it. No one really cares about expired tags”, which is obviously moronic and creates a liability for the driver/owner.

Now that they don’t answer phone calls or emails anymore I’m not sure what else you can do outside of waiting.

Good luck when you start requiring service from them as well.