Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notification that battery cannot charge to 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the advice. I have requested all the relevant info before I pick up the car. Supposedly getting it back on Thursday, which would make it 2.5 weeks overall in service (after it only took 0.5 weeks to swap the battery). Tesla almost did really well on this swap, I was certainly impressed in the beginning of this process.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Thanks for the advice. I have requested all the relevant info before I pick up the car. Supposedly getting it back on Thursday, which would make it 2.5 weeks overall in service (after it only took 0.5 weeks to swap the battery). Tesla almost did really well on this swap, I was certainly impressed in the beginning of this process.

did your battery show degraded range before the warning come on?

Has anyone ever got this notification? battery cannot be charged to 100% please call service. Schedule the service appointment but it's not till May 1st. Wondering if anyone else has this issue. Couldn't find it in search.
I also got this message last week, service center replaced connector, one week later the issue resurfaced. I will take the car to service center again, I hope there is no serious problem.

I just received this error today as well. The car won’t take a level 2 charge and I’ve tried three different sources. The earliest appointment I could make with a service center is for December 5th. I’m going to drive by two of the service centers tomorrow while I still have battery/range to see what they can do. I figured I’d leave my car with them and get a loaner since there’s no way I can make it until then without the ability to charge. Not ideal timing with the holiday week next week. I was planning on sipping around to see family and friends next week. Sigh.

"Jonathan, Tesla Alpharetta. It is determined that your vehicle will require a high voltage battery replacement. We have ordered one for your vehicle and it will hopefully get here in two weeks. We will update you if anything changes. Thank you."

"Jonathan, Tesla Alpharetta. It is determined that your vehicle will require a high voltage battery replacement. We have ordered one for your vehicle and it will hopefully get here in two weeks. We will update you if anything changes. Thank you."

Thanks for the update - this often appears to be the solution for this error message. Hope they gave you a nice loaner for the holiday week!

How many miles did you have on the car, how old is the car (looks like a year old or so so not an "infant mortality" type failure), and what was the projected 100% rated miles prior to the failure?

Build date was July or August 2018 or so?

They gave me a 2016 Model S 60. It does have AP and of course I like the hatch trunk. I miss the one pedal driving and scheduled departure. The sunroof is a nice though. 02/12/2019 is when I last sniffed 310 projected.

15,478 miles. yeah, last August build. terrible, Tesla had run two health checks in the past and they insisted my battery was fine/healthy. I just set it to % and the car itself would perform like I had the whole expected range but the numbers would always show a different story on TeslaFi
2019-11-27_1034.png

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
They gave me a 2016 Model S 60. It does have AP and of course I like the hatch trunk. I miss the one pedal driving and scheduled departure. The sunroof is a nice though. 02/12/2019 is when I last sniffed 310 projected.

15,478 miles. yeah, last August build. terrible, Tesla had run two health checks in the past and they insisted my battery was fine/healthy. I just set it to % and the car itself would perform like I had the whole expected range but the numbers would always show a different story on TeslaFi View attachment 482012

much. I have a Aug 25th 2018 delivery model 3 with 9300 miles. It’s been losing quite a bit of its projected range recently. Was 272 at 85% SOC at the beginning of this month. Now it’s at 261 at 85% SOC. Hope yours gets fixed soon and that mines just adjusting because of winter temps.