Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nov 17-Jan 18 estimates.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current owner (or at least I was when I reserved 8/16), my Tesla page updated today to allow ordering. It said Nov-Jan when I checked yesterday. I'm planning on the standard battery configuration, so whenever that greyed button is enabled I'll order. But the configurator is fun :)

The Dec-Feb estimate is going to be missed for a huge majority of people.

If a Buffaly, NY line waiter is in that estimate, imagine how many 10's of thousands of people are.

Even if you take away 1/2 for outside the US, and 1/2 who don't want to configure, and then even 10% who've already configured, that still is around 15k-20k people.
Based on the hidden sequential reservation number found in Tesla's website coding in June of 2016 I think I was about #3,000 to submit a reservation in the US based on my sequence number. So I'm pretty high up in the non-owner queue. Especially when there had to be some owners that were ahead of me in line. Of course the West to East prioritization might set me back a bit. But who knows if Tesla will continue prioritizing based on location when they open it up to non-owners.