Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NOV2022: Just Took Delivery of My 2023 TESLA Model Y LR/AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Manufactured in Austin.
- No USS.
- Includes “Comfort Suspension” (new feature Tweeted out by Elon recently).
- Includes heat pump.
- Includes rear hatch upper privacy shroud.

Does anyone know how I can tell if my Austin-made Model Y came with 4680 battery cells rather than 2170 battery cells? When I asked the two female delivery advisors at the time of delivery, one claimed that TESLA has not yet shipped ANY vehicles equipped with 4680 battery cells, but I know this is an inaccurate statement. I just didn’t want to argue with her.

Was considering window and roof Crystalline tint by 3M, but the sun glare and solar heat really is minimal from the roof. I noticed far more glare and heat coming from the windshield than from any other glass in the vehicle. I may look into some sort of clear (0 tint) solar heat shield option for the front windshield. Honestly, the vast majority of the time I forget that the roof is all glass.

Reactions: RayzorEV
- No USS.
- Includes heat pump.

Does anyone know how I can tell if my Austin-made Model Y came with 4680 battery cells rather than 2170 battery cells? When I asked the two female delivery advisors at the time of delivery, one claimed that TESLA has not yet shipped ANY vehicles equipped with 4680 battery cells, but I know this is an inaccurate statement. I just didn’t want to argue with her.

Was considering window and roof Crystalline tint by 3M, but the sun glare and solar heat really is minimal from the roof. I noticed far more glare and heat coming from the windshield than from any other glass in the vehicle. I may look into some sort of clear (0 tint) solar heat shield option for the front windshield. Honestly, the vast majority of the time I forget that the roof is all glass.
Congratulations on the new car! Just curious how you concluded your car came with the new comfort suspension installed. Did you look it up by some part number? Or are you just going by Elon’s tweet?

I’m picking up a Y soon and was genuinely curious if there’s a solid way to tell because it seems like people are just assuming based on their car’s build date.

And to answer your question, only a handful of cars with 4680 cells were delivered. And it was to Tesla employees afaik. 4680 batter production hasn’t reached scale so I don’t believe they’re being installed in their normal production.

Reactions: RayzorEV and THEbuz
Congratulations on the new car! Just curious how you concluded your car came with the new comfort suspension installed. Did you look it up by some part number? Or are you just going by Elon’s tweet?

I’m picking up a Y soon and was genuinely curious if there’s a solid way to tell because it seems like people are just assuming based on their car’s build date.

And to answer your question, only a handful of cars with 4680 cells were delivered. And it was to Tesla employees afaik. 4680 batter production hasn’t reached scale so I don’t believe they’re being installed in their normal production.
Thanks! I spoke with a TESLA employee at the delivery center, and she confirmed it. I also may have seen it in my car’s tech specs on-screen. I can’t remember if I saw it there or not, but I’ll confirm and circle back with you. Also, I’ve confirmed on-screen that my Model Y came equipped with the heat pump. So far, I love it!

Thanks! I spoke with a TESLA employee at the delivery center, and she confirmed it. I also may have seen it in my car’s tech specs on-screen. I can’t remember if I saw it there or not, but I’ll confirm and circle back with you. Also, I’ve confirmed on-screen that my Model Y came equipped with the heat pump. So far, I love it!
Congrats. All Model Y’s have a heat pump, and No MYLR cars were made with 4680 so the tech was right.

That'd be great if they showed it on screen. Let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: Senpai
Every Model Y built includes the octovalve heat pump since the model was introduced. over 24 months ago.

- No USS.
- Includes heat pump.

The Model has had a heat pump since it was first released. Just don't want anyone to be confused.

Reactions: THEbuz and theocguy
Yes. The very first Munro Y teardown video (there's been two Y teardowns now) explains the very first version of the Y's octovalve heat pump. Since then, there have been probably more than a dozen upgrades/improvements to the heat pump system. They're always improving it.

Attachments

• 17D0F232-5B6F-41DD-8980-741E0EA4E80F.jpeg
    17D0F232-5B6F-41DD-8980-741E0EA4E80F.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 457
Got it. So no great way to tell for sure except by part number unfortunately. Thanks for getting back to me! 👍
Yep!
Assuming we are still talking about “Comfort Suspension” since I brought up a few features. I will say that I enjoy the ride and suspension. Comparing it to my experience test driving a Model Y Performance in JUL2022 in San Jose, CA, I will say that (from memory) mine feels much more comfortable. That, plus, just going off of Elon’s Tweet and the timing of my delivery date.

Reactions: grayson_t3y
Yep!
Assuming we are still talking about “Comfort Suspension” since I brought up a few features. I will say that I enjoy the ride and suspension. Comparing it to my experience test driving a Model Y Performance in JUL2022 in San Jose, CA, I will say that (from memory) mine feels much more comfortable. That, plus, just going off of Elon’s Tweet and the timing of my delivery date.

It's iffy. I have a Tesla insider who confirmed my 2022 Austin MYLR (built mid-Sept) did not have the Comfort Suspension even though the *incorrect* DriveTesla article said all of them after August 29th 2022 did.

SAs have access to a system called Garage (?) that shows the parts and can confirm your VIN has the upgraded suspension.

It's iffy. I have a Tesla insider who confirmed my 2022 Austin MYLR (built mid-Sept) did not have the Comfort Suspension even though the *incorrect* DriveTesla article said all of them after August 29th 2022 did.

SAs have access to a system called Garage (?) that shows the parts and can confirm your VIN has the upgraded suspension.
Cool—Good to know.

What are SA’s??? How can I get someone to run my VIN and verify? Thx

Only a handful of MY with 4680 have been delivered to some local to Austin owners and all of those were the new standard range AWD that had something like 285miles of range.

Not true. I was offered a 4680 car for “expedited delivery” a few months back and I’m in Florida. There were a bunch made for some east coast states but it’s been a trickle. 7 months after that Austin rodeo event and we still don’t have a regular stream of 4680s to Florida.

Not true. I was offered a 4680 car for “expedited delivery” a few months back and I’m in Florida. There were a bunch made for some east coast states but it’s been a trickle. 7 months after that Austin rodeo event and we still don’t have a regular stream of 4680s to Florida.
That must be something new. Originally it was for Austin people only. Or i guess whoever had delivery address relatively close to the factory. I can see them expanding that to other markets. I remember reading somewhere that they were planning to eventually serve east coast with the Austin factory and west coast with Fremont factory.