Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November 10 Price Changes Get Refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, just got confirmation the my price will be reduced to current pricing. My Tesla page has been updated and received revised MVPA
My X is 100 with 6 seat white interior / white exterior. This configuration is still current.

This was like pulling teeth, no one would return calls or emails. My OA called Tues and offered 2 year free service, I rejected that and have not been contacted again.

I was originally scheduled for Monday 11-26 delivery and had not been contacted by anyone to confirm this. So I called local delivery center, who let me know that the price was adjusted and sent me the revised agreement. Moved the delivery to Thursday as the financing was only held thru 11-19, so will have to get approval again.

So looks like if your configuration is still available they can adjust the price, but does not appear to be automatic.

Norm
I am hoping my price on X gets adjusted too. I had originally ordered a custom built Black MX but then changed mind when I found a BLUE MX in Inventory which had a better configuration to my custom. My Owner Advisor is from some other planet, very nice in person but would not return emails, voicemails and for the most part, she does not exist in assisting me. Even the inventory I could find was with the help of another Owner Advisor who works at SF Tesla Store ( I wish she was my owner-advisor)

I am currently traveling outside US and still have tried to contact her three times on two issues (1) Pricing (2) Tesla a/c page shows no information about my MX and profile info has been wiped off (tesla claims they have the profile info they can view and access)

My case for price adjustment was submitted on 11/19 and my delivery is 11/29 (Tesla support told me that when I called them)
The inside delivery advisor I was assigned was helpful but she said that both my issues need to be resolved by the owner-advisor and since then my Inside delivery advisor also changed. The new one has a phone which hits the VM directly and she has not responded to my texts. Very frustrating experience. Since I had changed my custom order to inventory I should get the price adjustment but even if I dont get it I want to know ahead of my delivery and not be in blind till I show up for the delivery.

Tesla has a long way to go with the customer experience and I do plan to talk to store sales manager once I reach back USA next week.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I’m in the same boat. Still waiting for news about the price change as I’m scheduled for delivery next Friday. Both my OA and DS excalated the issue to sales but with no news so far. I’ve been forwarding them all successful stories from this thread as they happen. They also confirmed me that starting next week, they are entering a new end of quarter delivery hell and that they are already averloaded...

When the price was changed I contacted my DS and he told me that there would not be a price adjustment. For me it would be around $2,300. So I kept my eye on this forum and when someone posted that they were able to get a price change I recontacted my DS letting him know that others where getting an updated price. The Store Manager responded saying that they would indeed adjust the price. It took them a couple of days to get it approved.

As of today I'm now a Model X owner! Just be persistent, let them know others are receiving the adjustment.

People like that Tesla is a different car company and
-does not have model years
-can do over the air updates for functionality
-price is "fixed" ( I also like this)

However when they change things at any time (seeing they dont have model years) and you just miss that change by a few days then the pain begins (if change not in your favor).

Naturally its made worse since it takes so long to get your vehicle, and hence from order to delivery can overlap several changes.

When the price was changed I contacted my DS and he told me that there would not be a price adjustment. For me it would be around $2,300. So I kept my eye on this forum and when someone posted that they were able to get a price change I recontacted my DS letting him know that others where getting an updated price. The Store Manager responded saying that they would indeed adjust the price. It took them a couple of days to get it approved.

As of today I'm now a Model X owner! Just be persistent, let them know others are receiving the adjustment.

Excellent news! Congrats!! What was your order date? Where are you located? Did you have any promos on your MX like free supercharging?

Ok, just got confirmation the my price will be reduced to current pricing. My Tesla page has been updated and received revised MVPA
My X is 100 with 6 seat white interior / white exterior. This configuration is still current.

This was like pulling teeth, no one would return calls or emails. My OA called Tues and offered 2 year free service, I rejected that and have not been contacted again.

I was originally scheduled for Monday 11-26 delivery and had not been contacted by anyone to confirm this. So I called local delivery center, who let me know that the price was adjusted and sent me the revised agreement. Moved the delivery to Thursday as the financing was only held thru 11-19, so will have to get approval again.

So looks like if your configuration is still available they can adjust the price, but does not appear to be automatic.

Norm

That's encouraging! I'm on hold with Tesla now, since I haven't heard from my DS in 2 weeks.
Did your delivery get rescheduled? Maybe you already have your X...

My delivery was this Thursday and my local contact at the store is so slow that we had to move the delivery out to next week as she could not get the price adjusted. She says it should be done in a day or two as now she has escalated it to her manager but I'm very disappointed in her handling of this issue. This has been going on from over 14 days and the inside delivery advisor keeps pushing it at her and she never responds to emails or phone calls. I have to call each time as if Tesla is giving me something for free. I was so excited about delivery but now I am unsure if it will even happen next week.

• Informative
Update: took delivery yesterday. The car is amazing. Although I reported that they confirmed me that the price would be adjusted at delivery, when I arrived to sign the paperwork, nothing was done. I had to fight them to have it. They wanted to reschedule my appointment for next week to give them time to sort it out with California. I insisted that I got confirmation by email from my OA that this was going to be done and told the lady to talk to my OA. Half an hour later she told me that they contacted California and that we had to wait for an answer from them. She told my that it might not arrive the same day. We waited with my son in the car for two hours. Setting up everything and playing Atari games.
The answer finally arrived and they granted me the price adjustment. 700CA$ for the base model and 4300CA$ for the premium interior. Although the newly created paperwork didn’t mention the unlimited free supercharging. He assured me that it will be honored because I ordered with referral before the deadline. In my account and my car I can see that I have it.

All in all I’m stoked. The car is a beauty!!!

• Informative
Update: took delivery yesterday. The car is amazing. Although I reported that they confirmed me that the price would be adjusted at delivery, when I arrived to sign the paperwork, nothing was done. I had to fight them to have it. They wanted to reschedule my appointment for next week to give them time to sort it out with California. I insisted that I got confirmation by email from my OA that this was going to be done and told the lady to talk to my OA. Half an hour later she told me that they contacted California and that we had to wait for an answer from them. She told my that it might not arrive the same day. We waited with my son in the car for two hours. Setting up everything and playing Atari games.
The answer finally arrived and they granted me the price adjustment. 700CA$ for the base model and 4300CA$ for the premium interior. Although the newly created paperwork didn’t mention the unlimited free supercharging. He assured me that it will be honored because I ordered with referral before the deadline. In my account and my car I can see that I have it.

All in all I’m stoked. The car is a beauty!!!

Congrats - post some pics. My MX delivery is next Sunday 12/9. I am in CA and they took forever to adjust the price although took away the already existing discount on the car but adjusted to today's price if I built a new car at tesla.com. Now waiting for the contract.

Wow, this is both awesome for you guys getting the price adjustments and depressing for me who didn't when they lowered my MX price by $2500 in mid-July (raised base price $3500 but included Premium Upgrade Package which cost me $6000). My DS said I would lose my $2500 deposit and have to wait for a new order.

As for post-order pre-delivery price changes, everyone agrees there should be a line, we just disagree on where to draw it. I just placed my order on 11.22.2018 for a replacement MX (my 2 month old MX 100D was totaled a month ago), so I no longer have a horse in this race, but I still disagree with those here and on the Tesla.com forums that say if you agreed to pay it then, you should pay it now despite new information. I firmly believe that until you drive it off the lot, YOU should be the only one that gets to depreciate your car. You should NOT have to pay the original amount for a car that is ALREADY worth less than you're paying for it. For example, if a car cost $100K when you ordered it, but they drop it to $50K before you drive it off, you're paying $100K for a car worth $50K less the drive-off depreciation.

Wow, this is both awesome for you guys getting the price adjustments and depressing for me who didn't when they lowered my MX price by $2500 in mid-July (raised base price $3500 but included Premium Upgrade Package which cost me $6000). My DS said I would lose my $2500 deposit and have to wait for a new order.

As for post-order pre-delivery price changes, everyone agrees there should be a line, we just disagree on where to draw it. I just placed my order on 11.22.2018 for a replacement MX (my 2 month old MX 100D was totaled a month ago), so I no longer have a horse in this race, but I still disagree with those here and on the Tesla.com forums that say if you agreed to pay it then, you should pay it now despite new information. I firmly believe that until you drive it off the lot, YOU should be the only one that gets to depreciate your car. You should NOT have to pay the original amount for a car that is ALREADY worth less than you're paying for it. For example, if a car cost $100K when you ordered it, but they drop it to $50K before you drive it off, you're paying $100K for a car worth $50K less the drive-off depreciation.

Unless you have taken delivery you should always get the price adjusted.

Reactions: neroden and Bogobec
Unless you have taken delivery you should always get the price adjusted.

Amen to that!

Update. I did end up getting my MX 100 this week and even though it was ultimately adjusted for the decrease base price and the premium interior it wasn’t without a tremendous amount of work and stress on my part to get it done. Even after Tesla finally agreeing to it, the initial paperwork still had me owing the higher amount and that had to be adjusted just hours before delivery. Thanks to all of you on this thread that reported in on your individual cases. It was certainly helpful! It seems... most of us have been successful... such a shame they are making us all go through this instead of just automatically doing what’s right. A thousand percent agree with whoever said it above that you should never have to drive off the lot with a Tesla initiated instantly deprecated vehicle. I am fully expecting within the next days and weeks to hear of something better that’s now available from them but I’m okay with that since I expected that going into this. After delivery is okay. Not okay prior too delivery.

Good luck to all still fighting the fight!

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: neroden and Bogobec