Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November 2016 lending / current loan rates and best deals you have found.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are they with customer service? It seems they have an offshore call center and a lot of time waiting on hold.
I have bought two cars with them over an 8 yr span. I bought my girl in 2014. Things may have changed. I never had too wait long. I have only dealt with local people. I don't recall, but I bet I called their local San Jose office. Sorry, but I don't have a number in my contacts. But I found this number on my account site:
  • (408) 451-9111
The other number they list is an 800.

Their service has been outstanding in every way. I got approved for a 75K (I think) loan in about 4 minutes while on the phone. Getting the funds to Tesla was a little tricky (It was earlier on in Tesla time...) and they were right on top of it. I paid the rest in cash. About 55K. Tesla was easy. TCU was easy. My first loan for a much cheaper car was just as simple 8 years earlier. My credit score was off the charts, which I think helps make it fast. I have since paid it all off. It was a great cash flow loan for me.

Hope this helps. Rates are rising fast due to Trump, so act fast. The 10-yr T-Bill is up 50% in a week! I'm not sure I am remembering right, But I think TCU uses LIBOR, which i am not following right now. Good luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: George Jetson
I have bought two cars with them over an 8 yr span. I bought my girl in 2014. Things may have changed. I never had too wait long. I have only dealt with local people. I don't recall, but I bet I called their local San Jose office. Sorry, but I don't have a number in my contacts. But I found this number on my account site:
  • (408) 451-9111
The other number they list is an 800.

Their service has been outstanding in every way. I got approved for a 75K (I think) loan in about 4 minutes while on the phone. Getting the funds to Tesla was a little tricky (It was earlier on in Tesla time...) and they were right on top of it. I paid the rest in cash. About 55K. Tesla was easy. TCU was easy. My first loan for a much cheaper car was just as simple 8 years earlier. My credit score was off the charts, which I think helps make it fast. I have since paid it all off. It was a great cash flow loan for me.

Hope this helps. Rates are rising fast due to Trump, so act fast. The 10-yr T-Bill is up 50% in a week! I'm not sure I am remembering right, But I think TCU uses LIBOR, which i am not following right now. Good luck!
Thanks. I always like to hear from actual member's experience. Since I am not yet officially a member, I don't have insider access. I'm plunking down my deposit and locking everything in tomorrow. I want a 2016 delivery if possible due to the uncertainty of a post-inauguration energy policy.

I financed my Model S through Fairwinds Credit Union in Central Florida.

They have a 36-month new car financing special that has to be the best in the country. It's 0.75% (0.89% APR) for 36 month, plus no payments for 90 days.

In addition, when you receive your $7500 tax credit, if you choose to use that money to pay down the principal, they'll re-amortize the loan at no cost, effectively dropping monthly payments by a couple hundred dollars for the remaining loan term. Also, no early pay-off penalty or other silliness. The process was very smooth and I highly recommend if you live or work in Central Florida, or have another way to qualify for membership at Fairwinds.

Here's a link to the details for their 0.89% APR auto finance special - New car smell starting at .89%

Pretty useful thread - I'll contribute my data points.

DCU: Approved for 100% financing $80,000 - 1.43% up to 65 months. My rep said that to become a member an account must be opened. Must either qualify to become a member by affiliation or can make a one-time donation of $10 to become a member. Re: direct deposit my rep said that 100% of the paycheck is "highly encouraged" - which to me means not binding. Direct deposit must be set up within 90 days after loan closing.

I may go with my bank who has offered 100% financing at 1.79% up to 60 months just because it will be much less hassle.

DCU: Approved for 100% financing $80,000 - 1.43% up to 65 months. My rep said that to become a member an account must be opened. Must either qualify to become a member by affiliation or can make a one-time donation of $10 to become a member. Re: direct deposit my rep said that 100% of the paycheck is "highly encouraged" - which to me means not binding. Direct deposit must be set up within 90 days after loan closing.

I may go with my bank who has offered 100% financing at 1.79% up to 60 months just because it will be much less hassle.
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

I applied online yesterday morning and haven't heard a peep from DCU yet even though they pulled my credit already. Very different experience from Alliant who had me approved within a few hours of applying.

Interesting, thanks for sharing.
I applied online yesterday morning and haven't heard a peep from DCU yet even though they pulled my credit already. Very different experience from Alliant who had me approved within a few hours of applying.

DCU seems like a much smaller CU with more limited staffing/support. Submitted my app online over the weekend and they sent me an approval email Tuesday evening asking to call in. I was on hold for about 15 minutes before speaking with someone, but at least it wasn't an overseas call center.

DCU seems like a much smaller CU with more limited staffing/support. Submitted my app online over the weekend and they sent me an approval email Tuesday evening asking to call in. I was on hold for about 15 minutes before speaking with someone, but at least it wasn't an overseas call center.
Thanks, so there is still hope! If waiting a few days and a 15mins hold can give me a 0.5% lower rate, seems worth it.... :D

I'm not a WA resident but I think you may have a difficult time finding an institution willing to finance 100% under the 1.99% threshold. I may be wrong but all of the places I've reached out to require at least 10% down.

Thanks for the info, I will try to reach out to them once my tesla is confirmed to have entered production. Gotta calculate if it is worth going lower for 90% or stay higher with 100%

It would be worth asking if the 0.5% discount also applies to an automatic deposit from your bank account. The bugaboo for me is anything I'd have to arrange with my employer involving my paycheck 100% or otherwise. I didn't pursue it because I got better terms from TCU for my situation. Still waiting for confirmation of my membership, still within the estimate of 48 hours to approve.