Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I messaged a SA about the Model Y mud flaps and ppf. He gave me more information than I thought I would get. So it is confirmed for me. That my Model Y will be a Fremont Build. Check the screenshot.

Attachments

• C5122055-301E-42E9-8C26-CB3D41EB708A.png
    C5122055-301E-42E9-8C26-CB3D41EB708A.png
    610.3 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Tezla.
I messaged a SA about the Model Y mud flaps and ppf. He gave me more information than I thought I would get. So it is confirmed for me. That my Model Y will be a Fremont Build. Check the screenshot.
Very interesting answer. Surprised you got that much. They mention what was added, but not what was taken out. I like what they are adding though, wish they would go on the LR. Would think it would be an easy change to add it.

Reactions: Jones1
Also surprised you got so much info. Did SA mention anything about possibility of changing MYLR reservation to the MYTXAWD when they become available to order?
I didn’t ask. I still want the LR. I did ask when the Tesla website would update with the new Model Y SR. They replied back. That they didn’t know.

Reactions: rhk109
Also surprised you got so much info. Did SA mention anything about possibility of changing MYLR reservation to the MYTXAWD when they become available to order?
Problem is, if they did allow the switch, which they probably will, for us older orders, we probably would not have any savings as the starting price for the TX AWD is probably around what we locked in our LR at.

Well I guess I can order the Cargo cover and Mud Flaps now. Since it won’t be on the Long Range. I wonder what the price of the New Model Y Standard will be. Since they will come with extra accessories. 🤔

Problem is, if they did allow the switch, which they probably will, for us older orders, we probably would not have any savings as the starting price for the TX AWD is probably around what we locked in our LR at.
Yeah agreed. Unless they did some sort of ~$8k off whatever your order price is. Unlikely, but I guess it would depend on what their motivation is to work though backorders and sell volume out of TX.

Wow - interesting. How did you get a number to text the SA. I had called Tesla earlier today asking if me being in Texas and upgrading to P would push me back in MIT line or if I would get it sooner via Fremont. They had no visibility on trim that GT is making nor timeline - essentially, we don't know - so I'm in limbo. If Fremont is gonna make my LR, then I may just upgrade in hopes of getting sooner - but I fear if made in Texas, it make push me back. He did say that Texas would get priority in whatever is being produced at GT, and would truck out of state and back - but I take that with a grain of salt.

Wow - interesting. How did you get a number to text the SA. I had called Tesla earlier today asking if me being in Texas and upgrading to P would push me back in MIT line or if I would get it sooner via Fremont. They had no visibility on trim that GT is making nor timeline - essentially, we don't know - so I'm in limbo. If Fremont is gonna make my LR, then I may just upgrade in hopes of getting sooner - but I fear if made in Texas, it make push me back. He did say that Texas would get priority in whatever is being produced at GT, and would truck out of state and back - but I take that with a grain of salt.
I’ve been using the same text thread that Tesla used to communicate with me. At the beginning of my ordering process. Tesla sent a text message saying “hi and welcome to the family.” Then they tell you to complete your profile.

Forget about anything from GT until its actually announced. Too many people have put their orders on hold waiting for a 4680 from GT and have been disappointed. We don't know what will happen tomorrow, but counting on any current deliveries from GT is a bad idea. So far, everything from there seems to be the unannounced SR AWD. Nobody from Tesla will tell you anything about what is coming out of GT until it accually happens.