Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you guys think? My intention all along was going to add FSD on the app after getting used to the car. My EDD say May 10-June 7th, with my OD Nov 3.

Should I:

A) hit the add FSD button now to my order to see if it speeds things up.

B) not do anything because it will actually slow it down at this stage and give me a worse edd.

C)it won’t change anything
based off posts I've seen a bit ago both on TMC and Reddit, if you add FSD before delivery, you'll get OD pricing which in November was $10K, vs. adding FSD after delivery which will be $12K (or potentially more). Not sure if that still holds true now, but it's something to consider for A) if so if you're fully intending on getting FSD.

Reactions: Jones1
What do you guys think? My intention all along was going to add FSD on the app after getting used to the car. My EDD say May 10-June 7th, with my OD Nov 3.

Should I:

B) not do anything because it will actually slow it down at this stage and give me a worse edd.

I don’t think it will push your order back. If you add FSD. It’s a software upgrade. No extra parts are needed. You would pay a higher tax , title and registration fee. But it should be less than the $2000. You would have to pay later or more after you get the Vehicle.

I don’t think it will push your order back. If you add FSD. It’s a software upgrade. No extra parts are needed. You would pay a higher tax , title and registration fee. But it should be less than the $2000. You would have to pay later or more after you get the Vehicle.
That depends on the state. Illinois title and registration fee don't change. Tax, he will have to pay if he buys before or after. Personally I dont think is worth the cost of 10 or 12K. If @VollyballHokie really thinks he is really going to get it, then before may be better. If not, I would pay the 1month subscription and try it out before paying $12k. Its about a 5 year ownership to recover the initial cost.

Reactions: Jones1
That depends on the state. Illinois title and registration fee don't change. Tax, he will have to pay if he buys before or after. Personally I dont think is worth the cost of 10 or 12K. If @VollyballHokie really thinks he is really going to get it, then before may be better. If not, I would pay the 1month subscription and try it out before paying $12k. Its about a 5 year ownership to recover the initial cost.
I agree with you, I don't think FSD is worth the full price based on current functionality and my personal driving habits (no long daily commutes to make full use of it). But to each their own!
Fortunately the big "Fasttrack your EDD with FSD" push doesn't seem to be as strong nowadays, but I can't say for certain that adding FSD now won't help you get your car faster.

Should I:

Regarding FSD, I think you first need to ask yourself: Do I have $12K to add FSD AND/OR I don't really care about money? If you answers to this question is YES, then don't read any further and just add FSD. You might get your car earlier.
If your answer to above question is NO or not sure then ask yourself
1. Will you ever use FSD? If yes, add it. If no or unsure then ask
2. How many times will you really use it? Is it worth it for just keeping it?
It is really a personal choice. For me, FSD is useless (and of course I don't have that much money for FSD :p). I am buying an expensive car that I want to drive and enjoy rather than just sit in it and do nothing. Adding FSD now won't change anything for you but might increase your chances of getting the car earlier

Was sitting at May 22-June 18 for quite a while. Today, just go shifted back to June 12 - July 17. MYLR, MSM, gemini wheels, black interior, with tow, no FSD.
I feel your pain Brotha, as I woke up on May Day with similar push back to June-July. Same configuration for me except I have tow. Where are you scheduled to take delivery? I will eventually be picking up in Loveland. What was OD?