Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP WHITE BLACK INTERIOR
OD 11/24

My EDD was jumping around many times.

Finally got the 2 week window of Jan 31 - Feb 14.

Found out my loan approval expired on the 31st of Jan. So I changed it to cash. But since then my EDD jumped to 03/15- 03/31.

I don’t know if it was my loan application expiring that got my EDD extremely pushed back. But it would make no sense becuz I switched it to cash. Called SA but they said that it should update back to my original EDD but it’s been 48hrs and still no change to my EDD. Still says 03/15-03/31. SMH.

No text for vin or anything. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Ordered a Blue MYLR, white interior, tow hitch, 19" Gemini wheels on 11/15/2021 as I was concerned (unjustly) about another round of price increases. Originally had an EDD of June, 2022. Tesla moved it to March. I emailed Tesla in early January asking to delay EDD until after 1 May. They placed my order on hold until 30 Apr. I will be taking it off hold that week. Suppose I will get an EDD in Late May or Early June, but who really knows? I'm in SE Virginia so I expect to get an Austin MY.

My window just tightened up to 2/11-2/25
OD: 11/9/21
MYP, White/Black, tow, no fsd
NYC area

EDD movement
1/6-2/9
12/19-1/8
1/16-2/11
2/6-3/6
and now 2/11-2/25 (2 week window) Fingers crossed!!

Has to be close right?!?!
Update: NF VIN
Got a text earlier this week to add my insurance
Just got another text today to schedule my delivery from 2/9-2/11. Scheduled my pickup, made payment and staying up now until next Wed :oops:Foolishly sold my car in Dec and cant freaking wait!!

Reactions: Jones1 and AZTech
MYLR7, MSM, black interior, 19" gemini.
OD: Nov2
EDD was bouncing around Mar to May.
Surprisingly received a VIN (364xxx) on Jan 31. Had to put it on hold for 60 days b/c we weren't ready to take delivery. I suspect that someone rejected delivery or cancelled their order, but the VIN came out of nowhere and it looks like most fellow Nov orders have not yet received VINs.

MYLR7, MSM, black interior, 19" gemini.
OD: Nov2
EDD was bouncing around Mar to May.
Surprisingly received a VIN (364xxx) on Jan 31. Had to put it on hold for 60 days b/c we weren't ready to take delivery. I suspect that someone rejected delivery or cancelled their order, but the VIN came out of nowhere and it looks like most fellow Nov orders have not yet received VINs.
Yeah this is very surprising. Most of the August orders are just now getting VIN's and delivery's. I wonder if like you said, it was the result of a cancelled order. I can't believe you held it lol.

Reactions: Jones1
My EDD changed again as well..

OD:11/15/2021

MYLR7, White Exterior, Black Interior, 19 inch, No tow, No FSD, Delivery at Rocklin, CA.

It was showing March initially for a few months, then mid June to mid July for the last month and today it changed to August...I really hope I get it earlier though!

Reactions: beemboy
I ordered mine on 11/14/21 and then placed a request for a trade-in. I didn't realize I needed to decline the trade-in offer to move forward with my paperwork until late December. Would that mean my order entered the queue once the pre-deliver paperwork was completed?

MYLR, MSM exterior, black interior, 5 seater, 19" Gemini wheels, no tow, no FSD

November 14 before order: EDD May 2022
November 14 after placing order: EDD June 2022
December 2021: EDD is November
Mid-January 2022: EDD is June

2/14/22: EDD is December 2022

Those timelines sure jump around. I really would like the car before the fall.

I ordered mine on 11/14/21 and then placed a request for a trade-in. I didn't realize I needed to decline the trade-in offer to move forward with my paperwork until late December. Would that mean my order entered the queue once the pre-deliver paperwork was completed?

MYLR, MSM exterior, black interior, 5 seater, 19" Gemini wheels, no tow, no FSD

November 14 before order: EDD May 2022
November 14 after placing order: EDD June 2022
December 2021: EDD is November
Mid-January 2022: EDD is June

2/14/22: EDD is December 2022

Those timelines sure jump around. I really would like the car before the fall.
There were chatters about trade-ins and every time you have to renew the odometer, it pushes out the delivery date. I have renewed mine 2 times now and I finally asked my SA, who semi-confirmed that it was happening to my order. I took off the trade in today, hopefully that did something positive.

I ordered mine on 11/11 and the EDD was jumping all over the place, just in the past week it went from Feb 11- Feb 28 to August, then June to Feb 18- Mar 4. This makes it impossible to plan finances or car trade in. I understand the wait due to demand and production fluctuations but 6 month jumps in EDD make the whole system completely useless and just makes for bad customer experience.
With that said one question I have is about VIN assignment, originally I thought you get a VIN around the time that vehicle enters production but I have seen few posts where people got a VIN number and scheduled delivery within the next week or so but that must be a VIN number that was released by another customer I'm guessing. So what is the typical time from VIN assignment (production start) to the actual delivery? I know shipping time will vary a lot between states and I live in Las Vegas so I'm curious about others in this area?