Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the upgrade fee were only $20/month, I think I could sly my way to a Performance, but seeing how she wants to keep Blue/White combo it'd be around $82.43/month. Forgiveness would be much much harder to ask for hahahah
If interest rates are 3.24 from Tesla. They could be 4.24 in August. Do the math on 1% or 1.5%. I’ll stop now. Good luck

Reactions: t1m1t
Wow I don't know how I let that slip my mind...
Yep. If I would of upgraded In March to the performance. I could of got a better interest rate. I’m just using Tesla’s financing rate. It was 2.49 now it’s 3.24. I would of got the MYP a few weeks ago. Not factoring in DCU or another credit union. So my note would of been at least about $50 cheaper. At 72 month’s. I could be off a little it. I was using a loan calculator from Bank of America. I think. But if I would of waited longer and got 3.75 that would be a higher payment then I have now. Idk

Yep. If I would of upgraded In March to the performance. I could of got a better interest rate. I’m just using Tesla’s financing rate. It was 2.49 now it’s 3.24. I would of got the MYP a few weeks ago. Not factoring in DCU or another credit union. So my note would of been at least about $50 cheaper. At 72 month’s. I could be off a little it. I was using a loan calculator from Bank of America. I think. But if I would of waited longer and got 3.75 that would be a higher payment then I have now. Idk
Are people still receiving Performance models early when upgrading now? I haven't heard/seen any updates regarding recent upgrades... I'm worried about making the upgrade only to have the same or similar EDD...

Last edited:
Are people still receiving Performance models early when upgrading now? I haven't heard/seen any updates regarding recent upgrades... I'm worried about making the upgrade only to have the same or similar EDD...
My father died of Cancer at 56. He never was able to buy him a new truck. He was waiting to retire. He had a great career and was thrifty/cheap (Electric/Refinery). He made 6 figures in Texas. So that’s pretty good. On his death bed. He told my brother and I. I should of purchased two new trucks and have them to y’all.

YOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My father died of Cancer at 56. He never was able to buy him a new truck. He was waiting to retire. He had a great career and was thrifty/cheap (Electric/Refinery). He made 6 figures in Texas. So that’s pretty good. On his death bed. He told my brother and I. I should of purchased two new trucks and have them to y’all.

YOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mother always wanted the newest gadget, not bad for someone in her mid 80s. In her honor, I purchased my Tesla MY with some of what she left me. If she were here today, she would have had me drive straight to her house so she could see it, then run out to get one for herself.

I wonder if the profile completion REALLY impacts the VIN assignment date? I think the order placement, this is what is important, because this is when the order ID is assigned. All the rest, should not matter, whether you fully completed your profile or not.
Where there any proof, that if you didn't complete the profile, you ll never get a VIN or EDD will be moved further compared to the folks who ordered exactly the same trim, at the same time, at the same state?

Reactions: cc333
I wonder if the profile completion REALLY impacts the VIN assignment date? I think the order placement, this is what is important, because this is when the order ID is assigned. All the rest, should not matter, whether you fully completed your profile or not.
Where there any proof, that if you didn't complete the profile, you ll never get a VIN or EDD will be moved further compared to the folks who ordered exactly the same trim, at the same time, at the same state?
Like most things Tesla, there isn't a definitive answer. Different SAs say different things and it's ambiguous so nobody knows. I think that's exactly the way they want it, so they are free to change what matter in determining what order is filled when to maximize the benefit (e.g. profit) to them.

Most of us that still have not gotten our cars from August had issues with not having our profile completed. There are a number of examples of this. The day I ordered, my EDD showed as January. On Nov 1 I noticed my EDD was now March. I had a pending Trade in offer and no Payment method ever selected. On Nov 1, I declined my Trade in and set payment to Cash, got a call back from my SA who validated all was good and had me upload Insurance information also. Shortly after, my EDD updated from March to March 15 - April 12. I will be picking my car up 259 days after my order was submitted. In just over 6 hrs.