Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s a huge bummer. Seems to be aligning with my order date and latest EDD, though.

It’s so odd some November orders have been fulfilled while the rest of us are in the late August- October timeframe from recently updated EDD. Kind of like Tesla knew they were not going to fulfill the orders in July but still let people’s EDD sit there for a while and getting people’s hopes up. I wish they would be more realistic about the EDD from the start. Being constantly pushed back is exhausting because we make plans based on these estimates, thinking they’re at least generally accurate. A two-month shift at this stage is a big deal.
Agreed. 2 Month pushes should be for recent orders.

Reactions: kabin
That’s a huge bummer. Seems to be aligning with my order date and latest EDD, though.

It’s so odd some November orders have been fulfilled while the rest of us are in the late August- October timeframe from recently updated EDD. Kind of like Tesla knew they were not going to fulfill the orders in July but still let people’s EDD sit there for a while and getting people’s hopes up. I wish they would be more realistic about the EDD from the start. Being constantly pushed back is exhausting because we make plans based on these estimates, thinking they’re at least generally accurate. A two-month shift at this stage is a big deal.

Yep, the lack of timely EDD updates and accuracy tells the story. It's hard to imagine things improving when Tesla always seem to run on the ragged edge. Yesterday's Fremont drone flyover shows Fremont production is once again doing the end of quarter shut down to lick the wounds and/or give staff a well needed break.

OD: 11/21
Original EDD: Nov - Dec 2022
Mar 2022: switched from loan to cash and added FSD.
Updated EDD: Apr 2022
VIN: 5/6
I currently have a car leased that ends in Dec 2022. Told my SA that I would like to hold my deliver as the original EDD due to my current car lease. SA put me on hold until end of Oct 2022 ( not sure how I got long hold while others in this post mostly got only 30 day hold).
But now as used car market is spiking, I'm trying to hand over my leased BMW to third party that allows to take leased BMW from BMWFS (Autonation, Rodo).

Any idea how long would it take to re-issue VIN once I release the hold on average? weeks or months?

I'm also trying to remove the FSD option once I receive the VIN again since now there is EAP option and change cash to loan (hope this does not affect my original price and delay the delivery again after getting VIN).

Is DCU still the best option for Tesla? its interest rate now spiked up to 3.24....

Release the hold on 07/01, and my EDD is showing Aug 8 - Sept 12.
white, 19 inch, black, 5 seats, FSD (but will remove once VIN shows)

Reactions: LanaS
Illinois here. MYLR Inductions wheels, white interior, pearl white paint, 5 seater. OD of November 20th, 2021. EDD now at Oct-Nov 2022. WTF?

Good question. Aside from Shanghai's zero covid shut downs, Fremont has been pumping them out albeit at probably near max production capacity. Austin production has arguably been a disappointment. Maybe that's the difference? When we all received our initial EDDs Tesla assumed Austin would have a rosy ramp-up?

For now the only thing growing is demand and unlike most other EV manufacturers, Tesla continues to take deposit orders and string-customers along with optimistic EDDs, and allow occasional higher profit order wait-list jumping.

But it isn't isolated to Nov 2021 order as folks are still waiting with Aug, Sept, and Oct 2021 ODs and initial EDDs of April, May, and June so it's anyone's guess how far Nov 2021 EDDs will slide.

If Tesla was optimistic about Austin production you'd think EDDs would be pulling forward.

My EDD just moved up by a month and has a two week window for the first time! Went from August 21-September 25 to July 25-August 8.

Up until about 35 days so my EDD was Jan-Mar 2023 for several weeks, so these recent positive changes are quite exciting. I had nearly accepted that the car would be delivered in 2023. I think the production delays at the Austin factory were messing with my EDD and now that production started in the model y, Tesla was finally able to have a better idea of when it could deliver. I see many EDDs from Sep - Nov orders sliding back and forth lately as the crazy algorithm does its thing (or rather, does not do its thing).

Reactions: karsten88
MYLR red/black 19 no no OD 11/10/21 Last EDD Aug 17 - Sept 2

My EDD just changed yet again and was pushed OUT to Sept 12 - Oct 24. So much for Texas starting to fill the backlog. This would put me at roughly the one year wait for a car. I just sold my Model 3 in anticipation of getting the new car. I would Not accept a model 2022 model year car after waiting a year. After all that, it has to be a 2023.

MYLR red/black 19 no no OD 11/10/21 Last EDD Aug 17 - Sept 2

My EDD just changed yet again and was pushed OUT to Sept 12 - Oct 24. So much for Texas starting to fill the backlog. This would put me at roughly the one year wait for a car. I just sold my Model 3 in anticipation of getting the new car. I would Not accept a model 2022 model year car after waiting a year. After all that, it has to be a 2023.
How meaningful are "model years" given the ongoing update process that Tesla employs? It looks like continuous evolution to me rather than any discernible step change from year to year. Neither my order nor the current web site says anything about model years-- do they even have them?

I'm just waiting for my next delay to register. Maybe my initial EDD of November 2022 will turn out to be right (if I'm lucky).

Reactions: Stardew