Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I just want to say.. Belgium is a country of mozzest people, and zzexy to invetzz (our prime minister at WEF :) )
Now to the point. PLEASE add one order for 1 set of rotors and 2 sets of AX6 so 1595 + 560 = $ 2155. I want to pay via paypal and want my company on some kind of "invoice".. PM for details. PS You guys are great. What would our life be like without better brakes, the CAN and OVMS initiatives :D :D

wiztecy - can we get an update if Dave has received enough funds to being the manufacturing process??

Thanks!

As of Tues, Jan 20th:
Payments received: 6
Payments indicated In the Mail: 10
Members who expressed interest but I haven't received a PM back: 5

Total Interested: 21

Will get in touch with Dave this weekend and get an update on the numbers/payments/etc.

Last edited:
Next Update - Jan 28

Current update as of Jan 23rd:

Payments Received: 10

1) adiggs
2) EMF
3) ggr
4) Roadster08
5) ViperDoc
6) wiztecy
7) dsm363
8) strider
9) tomsax
10) scottfe

Payments in the mail: 6

1) hcsharp
2) richkae
3) Six
4) graham
5) andybm3
6) stuart

1) bruceoberg
2) Tobash
3) TSLAVP16
4) visionik
5) m0rph

Last edited:
LAST CALL to ORDER: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

Damn, just saw this, tempted, but not sure I want to make the decision this quickly. Does anyone know what the price would be if I missed out on the group buy and did it at some future time? Or does he only do this in group buys?

Also the approximate price for install from tesla or from a mechanic in the Orange County/LA area?

Damn, just saw this, tempted, but not sure I want to make the decision this quickly. Does anyone know what the price would be if I missed out on the group buy and did it at some future time? Or does he only do this in group buys?

Also the approximate price for install from tesla or from a mechanic in the Orange County/LA area?

At one point he mentioned the price would be about 30% higher if he did less than 10. If you need more time, I believe he's waiting until Feb 2 before closing the books. It's unlikely that Tesla Service will install these. They won't even install Carbotech brake pads at most service centers despite the considerable improvement in safety.

Next Update - Jan 28

Current update as of Jan 23rd:

Payments Received: 10

1) adiggs
2) EMF
3) ggr
4) Roadster08
5) ViperDoc
6) wiztecy
7) dsm363
8) strider
9) tomsax
10) scottfe

Payments in the mail: 6

1) hcsharp
2) richkae
3) Six
4) graham
5) andybm3
6) stuart

1) bruceoberg
2) Tobash
3) TSLAVP16
4) visionik
5) m0rph

Henry, I believe we are well past the 10 units required.

10 deposits received, 6 on way, and mine sent via Paypal makes 11 deposits received, 17 altogether with mailed cheques.

Best,

T

At one point he mentioned the price would be about 30% higher if he did less than 10. If you need more time, I believe he's waiting until Feb 2 before closing the books. It's unlikely that Tesla Service will install these. They won't even install Carbotech brake pads at most service centers despite the considerable improvement in safety.

Going the other direction Henry, does the price come down at all with so many rotor sets being ordered all at the same time? I've been assuming not, but I also didn't really expect us to get so far beyond the 10 sets needed to proceed with the order.

Watertown

Henry,

I was surprised, but Tesla in Watertown installed my carbotechs. They said my local guys had misinstalled one, which led to it needing to be replaced, and they installed the new one.

DJ

Current update as of Jan 28th:

Payments Received: 15
1) adiggs
2) EMF
3) ggr
4) Roadster08
5) ViperDoc
6) wiztecy
7) dsm363
8) strider
9) tomsax
10) scottfe
11) hcsharp
12) richkae
13) andybm3
14) rickai
15) Tobash

Payments in the mail or still need to send PayPal/fee: 4
1) Six (mail)
2) graham (mail)
3) stuart (mail)
4) m0rph (PayPal)

Members who expressed interest but I haven't received a PM back: 2
1) TSLAVP16
2) visionik

I will buy if payments drop due to exceeded amounts ordered.

I don't think that's going to happen. We're not producing 1000 here. If Dave finds any savings he'll pass them back on to us, he's a very up front and honest guy.

If you want a lower cost, ask for a set without slots and without the two coats of metal treatments. You also could drop the nickle plating off the hat if you're want to skim a few more dollars off. But then you wouldn't get the full benefit of why these were originally asked to be made.

Last edited: