Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DELETING MY ACCOUNT - TMC is turning into BIG BROTHER

ALL,

I'm getting ready to delete my account.

Reason being, TMC is turning into BIG BROTHER. They're closing off your edits in a set amount of time, making you look like a grammer fool as well as not allowing you to clarify or edit information that could have serious safety concerns.

But today I found they are CLOSING threads. So a person can have a LAST word on you and you can't defend yourself.

Right now I hope people know the Gov't wants to regulate the Internet 100%. This is a TOTAL loss of FREEDOM and I want people like myself to have a backbone and defend a right that we still have to the very end!

With TMC taking the BIG BROTHER approach of closing down the edit time, and now closing threads I have to say my "Senior" member status is coming to an end. For that I personally disagree with this stance and would not enforce this for that I respect peoples opinion and view.

As for the Rotors, I have everyone's email and contact as well as Dave. Henry has also been in the emails, so don't worry.

Sorry, but I DO stand up for my rights and don't support any website or Gov't taking them away from me.

That's who I AM and how I was brought up to be.

They're closing off your edits in a set amount of time, making you look like a grammer fool as well as not allowing you to clarify or edit information that could have serious safety concerns.
The expiration of edits was made in response to a thread by a user called Osama where he went back and deleted all his posts after people rebuked him. People complained and that's why the policy has changed.

Here's a thread that discusses this:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/39334-Ability-to-edit-old-posts-expires

But today I found they are CLOSING threads. So a person can have a LAST word on you and you can't defend yourself.
Hard to tell context without knowing specifically what thread/posting you are referred to. There are a few locked threads that are used to "banish" posts that violate the terms of this forum. That way posts don't get deleted or censored, but there is some "punishment" for violating the terms. Of course some innocent posts do get caught in the net from time to time.
Most famous one is this one:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/7777-snippiness

Thanks for pointing that out, knowing how it was derived IS important and part of information that should be shared for all:

Mobile Charger - SOLD - Page 2

I observed that this was overpriced, no WARRANTY, and also he got it FREE from Tesla by mistake but asking top dollar.

I personally was looking out for others in my post and showing what the market was.

He then posted the item on eBay which is where I'm sure it sold.

I disagree 100% with Web / Forum filtering on this forum. The issue of having limited time to edits due to SOME new / junior member taking away from rights of others who did not abuse this feature is UNACCEPTABLE.

If your feeling are hurt or you disagree, leave. Which is the direction I'm taking.

I believe in FREEDOM, have a backbone, defend it, shoot bow, appreciate and love animals, and use proper judgement.

Thanks for pointing that out, knowing how it was derived IS important and part of information that should be shared for all:

Mobile Charger - SOLD - Page 2

I observed that this was overpriced, no WARRANTY, and also he got it FREE from Tesla by mistake but asking top dollar.

I personally was looking out for others in my post and showing what the market was.

He then posted the item on eBay which is where I'm sure it sold.

I disagree 100% with Web / Forum filtering on this forum. The issue of having limited time to edits due to SOME new / junior member taking away from rights of others who did not abuse this feature is UNACCEPTABLE.

If your feeling are hurt or you disagree, leave. Which is the direction I'm taking.

I believe in FREEDOM, have a backbone, defend it, shoot bow, appreciate and love animals, and use proper judgement.

wiztecy, I read that thread and agreed with you 100%. I'm pretty sure that OP originally stated the missing parts would not be included - but that's neither here nor there at this point. His responses were inappropriately aggressive and I think some posts were justifiably moved to snippiness. The thread was closed because the item sold and/or due to snippiness.

I'm sorry you found the forum filtering unacceptable. That hasn't been my experience here. I'm sorry it was for you.

You've been such a valuable resource. I've learned a lot more about my Roadster from your posts and enjoy reading your experiences and insights. I would hate to see you go. Hope you reconsider and stay with us on TMC. The Roadster community would be better off with you in it.

He asked to have his "account closed" so won't likely be posting any follow-up here. Hopefully you have his email address if you need to contact him regarding this group buy.

I'm in touch with wiztecy by email and have access to the spreadsheet where he was keeping track of everything so I'll provide updates here on TMC. Titanium Dave (the machinist making the rotors) also has the information.

I'm in touch with wiztecy by email and have access to the spreadsheet where he was keeping track of everything so I'll provide updates here on TMC. Titanium Dave (the machinist making the rotors) also has the information.

I saw his news too late to thank him. Please pass on my thanks for his organization and otherwise smart postings.

Hcsharp. Please forward his email and contact information to me.

and as a note to the mods...

I understand what you do may be taxing, but the Lotus BB has several ex members from this site who are uncomfortable with your style.

This and any site is only as good as its members. Losing members with experience and the ability to create group orders is not a welcome development.

I suggest you consider reversing the offending policy and I suggest you reach out to Wiztecy. I also believe this policy is silly and no other BB's I'm on do this.

Yes, maybe Witecy over reacted, but this is most likely not due to just one episode and is more likely a straw that broke a camel's back.

I know I'm new here but I'm not new to BB's and im not new to communication skills.

Might I suggest term limits for mods.

Best,

T

I suggest you consider reversing the offending policy and I suggest you reach out to Wiztecy. I also believe this policy is silly and no other BB's I'm on do this.
Yes, maybe Witecy over reacted, but this is most likely not due to just one episode and is more likely a straw that broke a camel's back.

Just FYI. Wiztecy over reacted and demanded to have his TMC account closed when a For Sale thread he replied to got closed. This thread was temporarily closed so some rudeness could get cleaned up, in his favor mind you. His post was considered to be useful and informative. When I PM'd him to let him know what was going on, it didn't matter. He just again ALL CAPS demanded to have his account closed. So we complied. I guess he was having a bad night, but it is what it is.

We have our policies for a reason. If they offended him, then perhaps it was best he move on. Most members don't have any trouble.

Just FYI. Wiztecy over reacted and demanded to have his TMC account closed when a For Sale thread he replied to got closed. This thread was temporarily closed so some rudeness could get cleaned up, in his favor mind you. His post was considered to be useful and informative. When I PM'd him to let him know what was going on, it didn't matter. He just again ALL CAPS demanded to have his account closed. So we complied. I guess he was having a bad night, but it is what it is.

We have our policies for a reason. If they offended him, then perhaps it was best he move on. Most members don't have any trouble.

His account title shows 'banned' right now.
If he chose to have his account closed, this is quite a different statement from being 'banned' for cause.
As this will negatively tint all of his past posts for new comers (which these events don't warrant),
can you find a better 'termination' title for his account?

Thanks.

@Wiz, I'm quite sure you won't be able to stay away completely from reading us as this is kind of a drug once we're so invested... and you obviously were.
Do consider coming back. Either way, thanks for your time invested in this forum!

Last edited:
I am sorry about wiztecy. I have been reading up on a number of threads and came across him several times. Loved his detailed comments on the Visium glass top.

I am looking forward to reading about the performance of the lighter mass rotors. Has the potential of making a big difference on the braking distance.

Regards,

Minor low value update, and a bump back to the front page.

Fabricator Dave and I will be finding an afternoon/evening this week (maybe Tuesday?) to meet up for the fitting of the prototype rotors and assembly to #969. The purpose is just confirming that everything fits correctly before the full production run is initiated. I believe that Dave will be taking pictures and getting them posted. I expect a substantive update with details on progress within the coming week.

Hey all,

I have some pictures from Dave that I haven't gotten around to posting. So I guess the "shortly" in my previous post was really 3 weeks (I'm big enough to lay claim to all of that 3 week delay too :)).

Let's see what I can get posted.

Front rotor
front_rotor.jpeg

Rear rotor (I think this picture got flipped 180 degrees).
back_rotor.jpeg

And I may have my labeling backwards (that front is back, and back is front).

These are pictures of the prototype rotors as mounted on the drivers side of my Roadster. I've got a couple of other pictures that I'm asking David to re-send so I can get them uploaded.

He separately indicates that we're looking at:
Front rotors: 2.9lb lighter each
Rear rotors: 2.6lb lighter each

And then additionally, these weight changes are for the prototypes. With the additional work being done on the hats, there will be close to another 1/2lb weight reduction on those (for those that are counting the pounds and ounces on their car).

I don't have an update on the manufacturing status.

Last edited: