Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This turned out to be wrong:

Update: I'm at an EVGO Chademo that used to have a 30 minute limit each session, but now it shows a 60 minute limit. I started at 2% state of charge then again at 16%, so I don't know if it's conditional on my "need". However, either way, if this spreads to other EVGO stations, this will make EVGO much more useful.

My typical charge time at an EVGO station is closer to 45-50 minutes, so this will help me a lot by not requiring me to go back to my car to restart the charging so often.

Revision: it still stops after 30 minutes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
This turned out to be wrong:

Update: I'm at an EVGO Chademo that used to have a 30 minute limit each session, but now it shows a 60 minute limit. I started at 2% state of charge then again at 16%, so I don't know if it's conditional on my "need". However, either way, if this spreads to other EVGO stations, this will make EVGO much more useful.

My typical charge time at an EVGO station is closer to 45-50 minutes, so this will help me a lot by not requiring me to go back to my car to restart the charging so often.

Revision: it still stops after 30 minutes.

Yes, I had one do that to me. Its very poor communication. I plugged in, it said it would take 60 minutes to charge so I wandered off for a burger. Get a notice on my phone exactly 30 minutes later that my charging has been interrupted. Get back to the station, and sure enough, only 30 minute sessions. They need signage or something.

What timing! Today on Sunday on an unusually crazy windy night after the start of a holiday weekend with huge weather (unusual rain and wind) when much of Monterey County was out of power (including this EVGO station according to a PlugShare checkin, and including many other places in Salinas & Seaside that I passed), I plugged into Salinas's Nob Hill EVGO Chademo, and it kept running until 100% at 80 minutes 25 seconds.This time I have proof:

IMG_5888.JPG

It kept going and going and going ....

I wonder if the frigid cold temperatures with crazy fast wind has anything to do with it, highly cooling the unit naturally. It's 59°F outside but the winds at ground level feel like 50MPH gusts & the wind chill feels like 20°F, which electronically should pass in a LOT of cooling wattage.

My Model S 60D is being buffeted a lot just parked.

I'm curious how high it will go, so I'll run til 100%. I already restarted it before shopping at around 19 minutes; if I hadn't restarted, I could have tested further. Also, I wonder if this only happens after restart. (I leave it fully connected when I restart.)

What excitement! (It's partly the coffee.)

IMG_5892.JPG

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

IMG_5896.JPG

IMG_5899.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike and BerTX