Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Numberplates mounted crooked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, this is one possible solution. I'd rather Tesla just take 2 seconds to mount them correctly in the first place 😫
Pressed the correct post this time….tesla may well spend the 2 seconds to get it right. My last two were, but I’m sure its different people.
I dont think tesla even do this task anymore, I’m fairly sure preparation and registration is handled by their transporter (eg prix car or someone similar)

It's not a service NSW requirement they are full of it. If you email ServiceNSW ask for confirmation of this and send it to Tesla. This is pretty frustrating for you I can imagine. Tell them you are sending it to the Northern Territory.

This is bordering on ridiculous.

"When you buy a new car, motor dealers will often organise the registration for you. If this isn't the case, you can register the vehicle yourself at a service centre."

When I took delivery of mine there were a few defects. At collection they asked me to make a list and create a service request. This was during the first batch of M3s and they were a bit busy etc. So I did this, and this included the rear number plate not being level. They fixed it. I didn't check how.

Reactions: Bennny
Message from my advisor:

"Hey Ben, just an update on the plates. I had a chat to one of the operations advisors and they updated me on the process with plates. So the plate mounts are attached at the factory and get transported to Aus without plates. During the final touches before delivery the ops team attach your plates. The plates can be adjusted and removed but the mounts cannot. She clarified that plates sometimes can be crooked but are easily adjusted with a screwdriver."

Not sure how they'd be adjusted. Could someone please remove their plates and send a pic of the mounting holes? I'd be most grateful.....