TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Obtaining service is Boise

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Vic_F, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Vic_F

Vic_F Member

I finally placed my Model S order June 30th and will be moving to the Boise area. I plan to take delivery in Portland so Tesla is responsible for any issues and maybe fix in a day or two. Road trip to Boise should be fun also.

For existing owners in the Boise area, how do you get service when needed and how have your experiences been?

2. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

It's totally cool and easy. I've been an owner here in Boise since March of 2014, so I've been through most of the phases of service levels throughout the years. First, it was from Portland, then they built the Salt Lake City service center. And for about a couple years, they were collecting service requests and then sending a Service Ranger up to the Boise area about once every month to month and a half, whenever they had enough to make it worthwhile taking a few days to hit up several service calls.

As of last summer, they had enough business here that there is a Service Ranger who lives in Boise now, who is an extension of the Salt Lake service center. His name is Matt Johnson, and his cell number is 208-901-1478. So you don't even need to set it up with the Salt Lake service center. You can just call or text him, and let him know what issue you have, and he'll let you know when he can fit you into his schedule. He does cover a pretty big area, though, with some of eastern Oregon, all of southern Idaho, and a lot of western Montana. So frequently when I text him about something, he'll reply with something like that he's in Montana for the next several days and can get to me in about a week or two. I think that timing does depend some also on what is needed since he has to get parts for some things from Salt Lake.

So it's not always fast like same day service, but it is very convenient. I had a door handle fixed a few weeks ago, and he came to my workplace, Micron, where he did a fix on another guy's car and then on mine. He just texted me when he got there, and I went out and gave him the key fob.

And even though he is a Service Ranger, which would seem limited to minor mobile things, he can do absolutely every kind of service--even major stuff. I just had my four year service done this spring, and he has an agreement with the auto shop at Westside Body Works to rent shop space to use their car lift to be able to get under it to do anything big. And he even has a P90D loaner I got to use that day while he was working on my car.

• Informative x 1