Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FINALLY!!! Delivery date confirmed for this Friday 05/20/22. I surprised myself by going with Tesla financing (3.24%) and insurance (CA) given both beat other quotes. DCU had slightly better rate but not worth the hassle. Config: MYLR, MSM ext with black interior, 20” wheels no tow 5 seater, not FSD. OD 10/27/21, color modified in 04/2022. 6 months of waiting but very excited! VIN assigned on a Sunday morning and SA from local dealership called Sunday afternoon. Hope this info helps to those still waiting.

Did anyone here get the option to get the 4680 Austin Made Model Y in their account? I didnt but i wouldnt know what to think if i do get it given there is less range and im already so kinda close to delivery. Thoughts?

Did anyone here get the option to get the 4680 Austin Made Model Y in their account? I didnt but i wouldnt know what to think if i do get it given there is less range and im already so kinda close to delivery. Thoughts?
I think they are only offered to Austin area at the start. But for me, I would pass. Would cost more then the LR I am getting

I think they are only offered to Austin area at the start. But for me, I would pass. Would cost more then the LR I am getting
I think you might be right. The screen cap of the email says non Tesla employees in the Austin area. It would be interesting to know what these people would do though and perhaps if they did take the offer would it speed up non Austin made deliveries.

Today was the day!! Picked up my MYLR after what seemed like an eternity of waiting and changes of EDD. Could nor see any issues with the fit and finish. The pick up was quick and easy. I met with the SA and did the paperwork. Walked me out to my Tesla and told me I could take my time looking it over before hitting accept delivery on the app. Did a check of interior and exterior and it looked good. Some smudges on the seat that they took care of but overall it looked good. I hit the accept button on the app and paired my phone. The SA came out and double checked with me if I pleased and if I had any questions. There were 4 others picking up their Tesla's at the same time as me and there were more sitting in the holding area waiting. Mine came with mudflaps and rear PPF installed which is nice. Had a great drive home. I still cannot believe it is finally here in my garage. Hang in there to those waiting it is hard but it is worth the wait.

Attachments

• Teslacenter.jpg
    Teslacenter.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 95
  • Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 67
Good Information. Actually we have exactly the same order date (10/18/21) and exactly the same configuration. MYLR5: White/Black/19/Tow/No FSD. My current EDD is 5/23 - 6/8. Today is day 206 so it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm pretty sure delivery won't happen in 6 days but I'd be happy to just get a VIN in the next week or so. My guess is that we'll both be pushed again.
Further Bad News: My config is almost exactly the same (but I added FSD to speed it up), and I got a VIN shortly after (April 25th), BUT it's been almost a month and the 5-day range just keeps getting pushed.
SA told me today that the car is still in California, at least 2-days drive from Pennsylvania.

Is anyone able to speak the the reliability of a source code VIN? I have an EDD of 30 May - 03 June and wondering if I should work on getting insurance with that VIN or wait out? I dont know how long it'll take to get the insurance slips in the mail to scan and add for pickup. Thanks!