Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Algo priority?

1. MYP with FSD
2.MYLR with FSD
3. MYP
4. MYSR with or without FSD?? (I figure this is true otherwise, why have Texas not address any backlog??)
5. MYLR with a bunch of options
6. MYLR ordered after certain price increases
7. MYLR "older" builds with little options and a cheaper price at time of order

what say ya'll?

If you can visually see priority from a profit standpoint, now we can start to understand why most of us are "stuck" for a very long time. Most of us are in the bottom half of priority. A lot of builds are just skipping ahead of us. Maybe? possibly? it makes sense.

Anybody using a USB drive to play music. can we do it in the Y's we got. I cannot find any other USB drive except the one in Glove box for sentry Mode. Any suggestion please
There a part that is fairly easy to install in the center console I saw on Youtube that enables this function. This function was removed at some point, but you can make it happen aftermarket.

Reactions: PeteOC
Algo priority?

1. MYP with FSD
2.MYLR with FSD
3. MYP
4. MYSR with or without FSD?? (I figure this is true otherwise, why have Texas not address any backlog??)

what say ya'll?

If you can visually see priority from a profit standpoint, now we can start to understand why most of us are "stuck" for a very long time. Most of us are in the bottom half of priority. A lot of builds are just skipping ahead of us. Maybe? possibly? it makes sense.
You forgot MYLR 7-seater, W/WO options or FSD, at the bottom of the list. And I think numbers 2 and 3 should switch places because adding FSD for fast track discontinued after two weeks due to public outrage (allegedly).

Oh and of course sharing production resources with M3, MX, and MS, since the much touted GigaTexas isn’t doing much other than market research.

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
There a part that is fairly easy to install in the center console I saw on Youtube that enables this function. This function was removed at some point, but you can make it happen aftermarket.
I believe it was Abstract Ocean who sells the conversion ECU module to replace the factory one, to allow data transfer instead of just power in the center console ports.

You forgot MYLR 7-seater, W/WO options or FSD, at the bottom of the list. And I think numbers 2 and 3 should switch places because adding FSD for fast track discontinued after two weeks due to public outrage (allegedly).

Oh and of course sharing production resources with M3, MX, and MS, since the much touted GigaTexas isn’t doing much other than market research.
Yes, you can move these around, but I think the general concept holds. And yes, Texas really ain't doin sh*t.

I haven't heard much about 7 seater delays other than a "gut feeling". Do you know more?

And to make matters worse, the part shortage is going to go to the top half of the list. Not most of us. Again, more delays.

Algo priority?

1. MYP with FSD
2.MYLR with FSD
3. MYP

what say ya'll?

I wanna believe this is true but looking at many of the deliveries there doesn't seem to be even this much logic to it.

The data in the tracker shows base models (or with just one option) from December orders for instance getting filled. It shows models with exact configs as some people whose order was months ahead getting filled. It shows delivery rates of as much as 50% for flyover states. 🤷‍♂️

I'm wondering if we're also missing previous customers in the priority and also multiple reservations/orders.

I wanna believe this is true but looking at many of the deliveries there doesn't seem to be even this much logic to it.

The data in the tracker shows base models (or with just one option) from December orders for instance getting filled. It shows models with exact configs as some people whose order was months ahead getting filled. It shows delivery rates of as much as 50% for flyover states. 🤷‍♂️

I'm wondering if we're also missing previous customers in the priority and also multiple reservations/orders.
Could it also be SA's around the country making phone calls and getting their customer's bumped up? A little of this, a little of that...boom. we get screwed.

It's anecdotal but it's also interesting that they are trying to pawn off the 4680 SR on people who have been waiting. Interestingly I have not gotten that email (not that I would agree to a 40 mile hit to my range) despite being 212 days since my order.

And just like that...
Screenshot_20220523-102306.png