Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The hard part for me is I keep seeing MY's on the road and I keep second-guessing my paint selection. White is so bland. But at the same time, Grey looks good, but then the new ones get Grey Free (not my config) and Blue looks awesome too... Should I just eat the $1k for new paint, or should I suck it up and stay white with my white interior?

Save my cash and just put that towards other things like Floor mats, or my other vehicle really does need to have its timing belt and water pump changed...
Was in same boat, but finally changed it to MSM about 10 days back. So far no change in date.

The hard part for me is I keep seeing MY's on the road and I keep second-guessing my paint selection. White is so bland. But at the same time, Grey looks good, but then the new ones get Grey Free (not my config) and Blue looks awesome too... Should I just eat the $1k for new paint, or should I suck it up and stay white with my white interior?

Save my cash and just put that towards other things like Floor mats, or my other vehicle really does need to have its timing belt and water pump changed....
I wouldn’t call white bland especially if you get induction wheels and black out the Tesla emblems. I think the contrast between black and white looks very sharp!

Looking at all the EDDs being pushed back and no news of VIN assignment here and FB groups, i wonder what Tesla does in the days/week(s) after EOQ push? Do they just take time off to chill (lol) or do they may be focus on other models(S, X and 3). I was hoping October orders would start to see VINs this week but looks like April is going to be sloooow and we won't see much deliveries... what do y'all think??
Chill until two weeks before EOQ :):)

Reactions: AbeTes
My wife called our SA yesterday - just to check status - after an initial bot response, we did get a live SA on the phone (not our assigned one)
He was very helpful. Confirmed our status and EDD - actually said they expect the EDD to hold the range now (Apr22-May20) and expect a VIN that first week of the range, with a shortened window forthcoming (2 weeks instead of 4). (crossing fingers that holds true) He also confirmed our account info and said we're all set with everything except insurance. They need an insurance POC prior to delivery, and they could take that info right now if we have it, but we're still shopping around. Tesla Insurance not available in MA yet, and i've got teens that are NOT driving the MY (lol), but insurance companies will put them as prime drivers ($$$), thus my searching around.

Anyway, I'm glad we called just for a sanity check. Although the SA couldn't confirm the latest vehicle battery stats (2170 vs. 4680) or source (guessing Fremont unless there's a surprise notice at the rodeo tomorrow), he did send us a link to an online Tesla New Owners Virtual Education Session - sounds like it's a walk through to get ready for delivery and get aquainted with the MY controls probably similar to the online tutorials we all see in the app. I think anyone can join here: Get to Know Your Tesla. You need to RSVP as they will be accepting questions from attendees.

Again, I hope this helps my fellow October order folks in the New England area. Good luck to all!

OD: 10/09/21 EDD: Apr22-May20 (been holding to this range the past two months)
MYLR5 | BLUE | BLACK | 19" Gemini | TOW | No FSD

Interesting. My EDD is 4.20-5.18. In the NE area as well. I'm surprised a SA would say that you should expect a VIN in that first week of the range...

I would say be ready to be disappointed there. I actually have a little internal $1,000 bet with myself. If my EDD stays the same after April 20th, I am going to stay with White, if it changes to a longer date range, I'm probably going to change my color to MSM or Blue.

Reactions: Aviateur17
My wife called our SA yesterday - just to check status - after an initial bot response, we did get a live SA on the phone (not our assigned one)
He was very helpful. Confirmed our status and EDD - actually said they expect the EDD to hold the range now (Apr22-May20) and expect a VIN that first week of the range, with a shortened window forthcoming (2 weeks instead of 4). (crossing fingers that holds true) He also confirmed our account info and said we're all set with everything except insurance. They need an insurance POC prior to delivery, and they could take that info right now if we have it, but we're still shopping around. Tesla Insurance not available in MA yet, and i've got teens that are NOT driving the MY (lol), but insurance companies will put them as prime drivers ($$$), thus my searching around.

Anyway, I'm glad we called just for a sanity check. Although the SA couldn't confirm the latest vehicle battery stats (2170 vs. 4680) or source (guessing Fremont unless there's a surprise notice at the rodeo tomorrow), he did send us a link to an online Tesla New Owners Virtual Education Session - sounds like it's a walk through to get ready for delivery and get aquainted with the MY controls probably similar to the online tutorials we all see in the app. I think anyone can join here: Get to Know Your Tesla. You need to RSVP as they will be accepting questions from attendees.

Again, I hope this helps my fellow October order folks in the New England area. Good luck to all!

That's great news. MY OD is 10/8. hoping for a good news soon. fingers crossed

That's great news. MY OD is 10/8. hoping for a good news soon. fingers crossed
Not discouraging you. Do NOT take SA words seriously; they talk in a way to make you happy. Until you get VIN - SA's have no clue what is happening to your account w.r.t. EDD. Tesla SA's either do not know what's going on in their organization regarding delivery or they are been told to not to disclose certain things to customers.

SC employee gave me that same narrative, in person, during the months of Feb and March. "99% positive you'll have one by end of month". They mean well, but it doesn't seem like they have any more insight into the queue / EDD than what is exposed on the website.

Reactions: burningember
SC employee gave me that same narrative, in person, during the months of Feb and March. "99% positive you'll have one by end of month". They mean well, but it doesn't seem like they have any more insight into the queue / EDD than what is exposed on the website.
I got that back in February/March. They seem to have the same info we do so they're just like "Yeah. Sure. Looks good." Get our hopes up just to have them shattered. lol

Reactions: Corndart and SMay24
Not discouraging you. Do NOT take SA words seriously; they talk in a way to make you happy. Until you get VIN - SA's have no clue what is happening to your account w.r.t. EDD. Tesla SA's either do not know what's going on in their organization regarding delivery or they are been told to not to disclose certain things to customers.
Sure I'll keep my Fingers crossed and just pray the current EDD won't move

Reactions: burningember
I’m the same conversation with me, even though I had that Sept/Oct date they first said “well if your original EDD was April it’ll come in around there” and also said “hopefully by August”. But rest assured (heard it several times) “I’ll have the lastest, best technology”…. *sigh*

I just got my VIN!
Estimated deliver is April 16-22
Just got insurance and changing my payment method to part finance, part cash.

My latest EDD was April 6-20
Now have VIN and it is showing April 16-22
Hate to ask because I think I already know the answer. What is VIN? F or A? Asking since you are in TX but assume still a Fremont. Also what was your order date and config