Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR: White/White/7seat/tow/gemini OD: 9/28, modified 10/1 adding tow EDD: Mar/Apr -> Feb/Mar -> Mar/Apr -> June -> Mar/Apr (12/17) -> Feb/Mar (12/25) -> June (1/5) -> Feb27/Mar27 (1/15) -> Apr12/May10 (2/4) -> June (3/10) -> July30/Aug27 (3/12) -> May19/Jun30 (3/22) -> Apr29/Jun3 (3/29) -> May8/Jun5 (4/11)
I ordered the same as yours minus tow on 9/27. Current EDD: 4/20-5/18

still sitting on 8/30-10/25 for 2 weeks. Crazy that about 7 weeks ago I was within the two week EDD timeframe 😔

Model Y LR - 5 seat
White exterior
White interior
20” Induction
Tow
No FSD

Order Date - 10/3/2021
Original EDD - April 2022
10/5 - March 20 to April 17
10/12 - March 6 to April 3
Early Jan - June
2/13 - Feb 27 to March 13
2/18 - June
2/22 - June 20 or July 18
2/26 - June
3/12 - September 18 to October 16
3/28 - June
3/29 - August 30 to October 25

still sitting on 8/30-10/25 for 2 weeks. Crazy that about 7 weeks ago I was within the two week EDD timeframe 😔

Model Y LR - 5 seat
White exterior
White interior
20” Induction
Tow
No FSD

Order Date - 10/3/2021
Original EDD - April 2022
10/5 - March 20 to April 17
10/12 - March 6 to April 3
Early Jan - June
2/13 - Feb 27 to March 13
2/18 - June
2/22 - June 20 or July 18
2/26 - June
3/12 - September 18 to October 16
3/28 - June
3/29 - August 30 to October 25
i don't understand this one at all....it's 2 month window...and it potentially puts you over a year wait time. I just don't get it.

I had a similar convo with a rep today at the service center. She was actually quite certain my car would even be in this month. I went to discuss my spouse picking up my vehicle as I'm out of town for part of the window...she didn't seem concerned, but noted the car would be coming this month. I clarified by what certainty and she stated she was positive of it....seems like high confidence to me.

Reactions: PenPens
I just got off the phone with an agent at Tesla Rocklin, she told me my car is coming this month. I have no VIN yet, but she said to expect one soon. I hope she didn't lie to me.
It sounds positive to me. I know a bunch of people over here on the East Coast got calls from Mt. Kisco.
I actually contacted my SA because....well....i was jealous that i wasn't contacted.
And of course...this was response...as usual

Hello Alan,

Your Tesla account reflects the best & only ETA available, as we have no further insight into VIN assignment.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

I don't know why the sales team ( I was told because I ordered online that I do not have a SA assigned to me) at my pick up location told me that "When it comes to estimated delivery dates we don't have any control over dates. We are only provided the information listed in your Tesla account." I replied back with my frustration that the current EDD stated if you purchase one now says June-July and mine says May-June and I ordered it in October. That whole thing just does not make any sense to me. It is like they are toying with people to get them to order and then make them wait. Just aggravating.

Jeez...i wonder. Maybe you should remove the tow. Aftermarket Tow hitches are good and pretty cheap...from what i've heard.
I mean I think it requires a different chassis structure underneath plus the plug; pretty sure the $1000 add on is a good deal considering it costs more after. And I don’t want a non Tesla place messing with it. Seen too many nightmare stories on YouTube of inexperienced people harming teslas.

Reactions: aguzzi17
It sounds positive to me. I know a bunch of people over here on the East Coast got calls from Mt. Kisco.
I actually contacted my SA because....well....i was jealous that i wasn't contacted.
And of course...this was response...as usual

Hello Alan,

Your Tesla account reflects the best & only ETA available, as we have no further insight into VIN assignment.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
I ordered 1-day after you and my EDD window starts 4 days after yours (May 10). I'm hoping for April delivery since April was my estimated date when I ordered.

I mean I think it requires a different chassis structure underneath plus the plug; pretty sure the $1000 add on is a good deal considering it costs more after. And I don’t want a non Tesla place messing with it. Seen too many nightmare stories on YouTube of inexperienced people harming teslas.
If @aguzzi17 does this after delivery, the Tow is $1300 from Tesla. This also includes shipping to your local SC and installation. Yes, its cheaper to get it at time of order, if you really want one.

Since the hitch is in stock, probably not the reason for EDD pushing out.

• Informative
Reactions: aguzzi17
I ordered 1-day after you and my EDD window starts 4 days after yours (May 10). I'm hoping for April delivery since April was my estimated date when I ordered.
I'm fine with a May delivery. I just wish i believed i was actually getting it May. Just holding on to HOPE.

I have to be at a conference in Vegas at the end of April anyway...so May probably works better for me...but i will certainly take anything i can get.

Reactions: Tezla.
I had a similar convo with a rep today at the service center. She was actually quite certain my car would even be in this month. I went to discuss my spouse picking up my vehicle as I'm out of town for part of the window...she didn't seem concerned, but noted the car would be coming this month. I clarified by what certainty and she stated she was positive of it....seems like high confidence to me.
From my understanding if you and your wife are both on the reservation, you both need to be present to take delivery. Same as the names on the financing need to match the reservation exactly as well. So if your reservation is in one name only, your loan/cashier's can't be co-signed with your significant other.
For some reason Tesla is really strict with this.

From my understanding if you and your wife are both on the reservation, you both need to be present to take delivery. Same as the names on the financing need to match the reservation exactly as well. So if your reservation is in one name only, your loan/cashier's can't be co-signed with your significant other.
For some reason Tesla is really strict with this.
Yet, if you say you are out of town for delivery, they ask you if someone else can come pick up for you. Or so others have posted.

Am i the only one still sitting at Apr 14 - May 12 EDD? Every time i refresh the app, i expect it to be pushed out because you know.. Tesla's EDD... but it is still going strong. Expecting delivery in Tyco in Virginia.