Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from our delivery person at Mt Kisco going over details of our order and asking if we had any questions. Supposedly our car is going onto the factory floor soon and we should be getting a VIN in the next few weeks. Hopefully this is true! First time someone’s reached out to us since we placed the order. Visiting family today, but you bet I took that phone call 😆
Lucky you...i still have never hear a peep from our Mt. Kisco friends.

Should I be concerned that i haven't gotten one of these calls...ugh...
Figured I’d also mention we haven’t gotten a call for the MYP yet, and that window starts May 8th.

Probably going to reach out to the person who called this week to ask if there’s a way to put us on the short list for any cars that come in around the same time that someone passes on (if the MYP doesn’t come in at the same time), and change the MYP order to whatever that car is. It’s a 5 hour drive one way, so it’d be much more worth our time with their reimbursement policy to pick up both cars at the same time.

Reactions: aguzzi17
Figured I’d also mention we haven’t gotten a call for the MYP yet, and that window starts May 8th.

Probably going to reach out to the person who called this week to ask if there’s a way to put us on the short list for any cars that come in around the same time that someone passes on (if the MYP doesn’t come in at the same time), and change the MYP order to whatever that car is. It’s a 5 hour drive one way, so it’d be much more worth our time with their reimbursement policy to pick up both cars at the same time.
5 hours!!! jeez. I'm just under an hour. Would be good to consolidate that delivery into one for sure.

Reactions: RocY
5 hours!!! jeez. I'm just under an hour. Would be good to consolidate that delivery into one for sure.
Yeah, we’re up near Rochester. If we can’t pick both up at the same time we’ll just do carrier direct. We have 3 young kids, so we’d need a very compelling reason to be gone for 11-12 hours! Like picking up both cars at once.

Reactions: aguzzi17
In Buffalo NY here...Post any info on Carrier direct from this way plz.
Also ordered 2 MY7LR, EDD 4/22-5/10
You’ll have to ask the delivery center (presumably Mt Kisco) to change your delivery method to carrier direct. You can wait until you get a VIN, though. We had it on Carrier Direct for a month in Jan/Feb, but it made our EDD TBD, which was maddening, so we removed it and the EDD came back.

They get the car, you pay for it, then they load it onto a third party carrier truck which then drops it off at your house. No interaction with anyone at all in person, and you have to pay before you see the car. It’s $750 to get it shipped Carrier Direct.

If you choose it, you’ll get an email from someone at Mt Kisco with more information and asking you to confirm. If you pick it up, they’ll reimburse you some money ($125, I think? Maybe $150?). So, if we go to pick up the cars, we’ll rent a car and probably need to drop it off somewhere and Uber to Mt Kisco. But, the cost of the rental car should be covered under the reimbursement (we’re hoping if both cars come at the same time we get twice the amount, but not sure if that’s the case).

We’re in the Rochester area, and I just drove home from White Plains on Friday, so I definitely understand how much of a drive it is!

You’ll have to ask the delivery center (presumably Mt Kisco) to change your delivery method to carrier direct. You can wait until you get a VIN, though. We had it on Carrier Direct for a month in Jan/Feb, but it made our EDD TBD, which was maddening, so we removed it and the EDD came back.

They get the car, you pay for it, then they load it onto a third party carrier truck which then drops it off at your house. No interaction with anyone at all in person, and you have to pay before you see the car. It’s $750 to get it shipped Carrier Direct.

If you choose it, you’ll get an email from someone at Mt Kisco with more information and asking you to confirm. If you pick it up, they’ll reimburse you some money ($125, I think? Maybe $150?). So, if we go to pick up the cars, we’ll rent a car and probably need to drop it off somewhere and Uber to Mt Kisco. But, the cost of the rental car should be covered under the reimbursement (we’re hoping if both cars come at the same time we get twice the amount, but not sure if that’s the case).

We’re in the Rochester area, and I just drove home from White Plains on Friday, so I definitely understand how much of a drive it is!
Thank you.

MYLR: White/White/7seat/tow/gemini OD: 9/28, modified 10/1 adding tow EDD: Mar/Apr -> Feb/Mar -> Mar/Apr -> June -> Mar/Apr (12/17) -> Feb/Mar (12/25) -> June (1/5) -> Feb27/Mar27 (1/15) -> Apr12/May10 (2/4) -> June (3/10) -> July30/Aug27 (3/12) -> May19/Jun30 (3/22) -> Apr29/Jun3 (3/29) -> May8/Jun5 (4/11)

Reactions: ChrisUli
I suppose all of us here will not be getting Texas built Y's. I'm fine with that. It would have been a nice talking point for my gun club buddies who only buy F150's or Silverado's, cause.... you know ;'MURICA! Lol. Built in Texas would have at least gotten a small nod of approval from them lol

Reactions: DrMuadDib
I suppose all of us here will not be getting Texas built Y's. I'm fine with that. It would have been a nice talking point for my gun club buddies who only buy F150's or Silverado's, cause.... you know ;'MURICA! Lol. Built in Texas would have at least gotten a small nod of approval from them lol
Next best thing, you could bolt some of those horns to the hood.