Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow, you are exactly a year out.
I’m sorry.
I’m sure by the time I take delivery, I will be a year out as well.
It is all worth it. Getting the structural pack, 4680, and front rr casting. Tesla will unleash the potential of that battery pack in the future and will be well worth the wait. Besides my equity keeps building as the new order prices keeps rising.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
they could have produced MYP and MYLR at Austin. Get caught up with demand, keep producing cells for future when they want to introduce new vehicle for more revenue stream ( after they have clear some backlog). or they could have started production of CT with millions of 4680 on hand.

The whole point is, it does not make sense to introduce a new model ( which is not being delivered to public) and use a whole new facility for that. Giga Texas can be utilized to produce more model Ys ( or what ever model they want to produce with 2170).

i am a fan of tesla as well. But new Model variant cant be justified with existing model variants are experiencing HUGE BACKLOG. you have to pay little attention to customer service as well.
Rolling out the 4680 batteries wont be as simple as some think. Having the first deliveries close to Austin makes sense, it allows Tesla to monitor them closely, any needed modifications can be handled quickly and easily. The 4680 batteries are very different internally than the 2170's, the first mass produced cells will probably be a learning experience for engineering and production control. I would love to have my Model Y with the new batteries but it's important for Tesla to verify the transition is seamless.

I really hope you are right. 😊
It is all worth it. Getting the structural pack, 4680, and front rr casting. Tesla will unleash the potential of that battery pack in the future and will be well worth the wait. Besides my equity keeps building as the new order prices keeps rising.
For me, it's not about the wait, it's much more about time & the timing. Am sure it's worth the wait, but missing out summer... ugh... it's like losing a year, after all we only have one summer per year.

Reactions: lost_sailor
I’m picking mine up in tyco as well. Just got a text saying they are building my car soon and asked if I still want it! Hoping that is good news!!
Yep, picking up from Tyco and got that text a couple of hours ago. I have seen many posts of people getting that text and then getting pushed out so not getting my hopes up until i see a VIN.

Also, all of you October folks getting pushed out to Aug/Sep/Oct, pretty sure it'll pull back. There is no way the EDD just happened to be 2-3 months off. Hang in there!

What is the purpose of Tesla's awful customer service? I get not focusing on it if you have a lot of orders but this is FAR beyond not focused on it. It's intentionally bad!

We are coming from Infiniti which, along with nearly every luxury car company, has EXCELLENT customer service.

We called US Bank to see if we could extend our financing approval into May but they said it actually only is good for 30 days. Tesla insists it's 60 days...even after telling them that US Bank says otherwise. They won't change our profile to cash even though the financing is not valid anymore.

There's definitely an attitude with everyone we've talked to of, "We don't care, go f yourself".

I'm just dumbfounded why you would treat customers in such a way???