Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have And most of what I had seen ended up getting their VIN. Stop being sensitive. Sorry your window was taken from you. At the end no one knows how this *sugar* works to begin with we are just trying to make sense out of it from what ever data point we see. If you don’t like something you read move along.
Not being sensitive. I really don't think about you at all.

You made a statement that isn't blanket true and I called you out on it. Get over it dude.

So, finally decided to contact my SA. Turns out even though I thought I'd be going to Minnesota to get the Model Y, they actually set it to Kansas City. But they were able to change my pickup location to Council Bluffs, IA, as long as I don't finance directly through Tesla. So, we'll see how this might mess up everything. LOL Current EDD: 5/12-5/26, no VIN. MYLR5, blue/white, no tow, no FSD.

Okay, looks like this is really happening for me with my VIN received last night and home delivery scheduled for this coming Thursday. Since I see people here talking about their EDD shifting X amount of times and panicking when it gets pushed back, I thought I'd share all of my EDD changes I've tracked since I ordered back in October:

Date checkedDelivery window
10/13/2021Ordered
10/14/2021March 06 - April 03
10/25/2021August
10/27/2021March 10 - April 07
12/5/2021February 11 - March 11
12/9/2021March 13 - April 10
1/4/2022September
1/5/2022March 23 - March 31
1/13/2022September
1/14/2022March 10 - March 31
2/21/2022April 14 - May 12
4/11/2022Trade-in text
4/15/2022May 1 - May 29
4/20/2022June 3 - July 8
4/23/2022April 29 - May 13
4/30/2022May 2 - May 12
5/1/2022VIN, May 4 - May 7
5/2/2022Delivery scheduled for 5/5

So, finally decided to contact my SA. Turns out even though I thought I'd be going to Minnesota to get the Model Y, they actually set it to Kansas City. But they were able to change my pickup location to Council Bluffs, IA, as long as I don't finance directly through Tesla. So, we'll see how this might mess up everything. LOL Current EDD: 5/12-5/26, no VIN. MYLR5, blue/white, no tow, no FSD.
wait wait you can pick up your car in coucil bluffs, IA?? The service center in CB said no i have to pick it up in KC.

Do you have a source? I've never heard of anyone outside of Tesla (and I would imagine even some people within Tesla, like SA's) knowing production order (regarding colors). Would like to know where Blue lies in there, if the info is accurate.
Guess you didn't read my post. I can guarantee, it is 100% possible it may be next, then again, it may not. It was on the internet, so it must be true.

I've seen a lot of MSM builds with order dates after me getting VIN's.

Curious if my tow is the cause for the delay.

Anyone have any thoughts? Just trying to read the tea leaves the best I can.
From you current EDD, based on my personal experience, I'd watch out for next week or so if EDD changes (shrink to smaller range). If that happens, it's a good sign you will get it before end of this month.

Reactions: Kubelfan
Update: It has been 1 week since I received my VIN, but I still haven't received the text to schedule the pick-up. I completed payment in the app already, which was a simple process. The delivery date displayed in the app is a rolling 5-day window from the current date.

Update: It has been 1 week since I received my VIN, but I still haven't received the text to schedule the pick-up. I completed payment in the app already, which was a simple process. The delivery date displayed in the app is a rolling 5-day window from the current date.
I think it’s time to call the service center where your likely To pick up the car. Chances are the transit is the hold-up.

There are a few folks reporting similar situations do to a certain part or parts missing from the vehicles. They were told the effected vehicles are being held (I presume at delivery centers) until the parts come in. Then the vehicles can be completed and released to customers.