Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning, everyone. May I ask you a question? Tesla insurance seems to be very expensive. My BMW is only more than 1300 for half a year, and model y needs 2400? Do you have any good insurance companies or suggestions? Thank you. I'm using GEICO nowšŸ™

Good morning, everyone. May I ask you a question? Tesla insurance seems to be very expensive. My BMW is only more than 1300 for half a year, and model y needs 2400? Do you have any good insurance companies or suggestions? Thank you. I'm using GEICO nowšŸ™
I'm in the same boat as you. Im in Queens, NY and i think i was quoted 2000 to 2200 for 6 months with Geico. The others Progressive, statefarm and some other ones were quoting me around the same price.

Reactions: cc333
I'm in the same boat as you. Im in Queens, NY and i think i was quoted 2000 to 2200 for 6 months with Geico. The others Progressive, statefarm and some other ones were quoting me around the same price.
Same (feel your pain), worse, first time driver so even more insane got $650 a month with Geico even when I'm 25+ now. NYC insurance is insane, got $1,800 quote a month when I got my license at 18, prohibited me from owning a car. More expensive than the car itself and even enough to pay my rent. So I waited to be no longer "young adult" still now 25+ rates are unreasonable. Still a car was out of reach / prohibited by insurance rates until a friend told me to check out esurance backed by allstate. I got 250ish a month now, so then I ordered a Tesla back in October, but after the 8K price hike which could have also helped with my insurance rates if I paid 8K less lol. So check out esurance.

Use connect by Costco. It gives brilliant rates. I was getting 1500 from progressive and geico. Ended up paying 820 with Connect.

You guys, sheā€™s home, Everyone meet Pepper!
I told my SA, NOT to detail it and they actually didnā€™tā€”there was even a sticky note on the dashboard DO NOT DETAIL! This was the best decision I could have made. You know that feeling when you pull the screen protector off of your new phone?! Thereā€™s a whole Big Bang Theory episode about it šŸ˜‚ Well let me tell you what it was like taking every piece of plastic off the interior and the little bit on the exterior, putting the floor mats in and snapping the Gemini covers onā€¦ AMAZING! I just spent 3 hours detailing her myself.
There are no panel gaps but the paint job is another story. Lots of flaws but without repainting the whole car, itā€™s something I will have to live with. Iā€™m just going to call them ā€œbirthmarksā€ They arenā€™t super noticeable but if you are detailing it, you can see them.
Delivery went slowly, new, older generation customer ahead of me and they of course had a million questions. But they were the sweetest people and asked us a lot of questions before the DA came out to greet them.
I just wanted to hand over my clipboard and get going! But we waited and learned something we didnā€™t know. We can use our key cards for our M3 with the MY, so thatā€™s a plus!
All in all Iā€™m happy with the car. Now to call my guy for PPF installation and to get some mud flaps ordered. Nope, even living in Upstate NY, the car didnā€™t come with them on.

Attachments

• B81F6094-C4D5-4807-8EC1-5E226A704566.jpeg
    B81F6094-C4D5-4807-8EC1-5E226A704566.jpeg
    883.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 01B79D33-B4B3-4172-B4BF-0C2EA4D55E12.jpeg
    01B79D33-B4B3-4172-B4BF-0C2EA4D55E12.jpeg
    609.6 KB · Views: 56
  • AC408BB4-A8A2-48D6-A66E-6C7A2D58A207.jpeg
    AC408BB4-A8A2-48D6-A66E-6C7A2D58A207.jpeg
    892 KB · Views: 57
  • 37E30893-AD4F-4AF0-9ACF-7CB9CFF8547B.png
    37E30893-AD4F-4AF0-9ACF-7CB9CFF8547B.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
Interesting, after updating Tesla's insurance to match what the offer was for Nationwide, I am saving over $400 annually. My ICE is currently $990, my agent quoted me $1330 for the Tesla and Tesla insurance gave me a $924 annually. That is if I keep my score up. Assume it will go down if my score goes above 90.

Same (feel your pain), worse, first time driver so even more insane got $650 a month with Geico even when I'm 25+ now. NYC insurance is insane, got $1,800 quote a month when I got my license at 18, prohibited me from owning a car. More expensive than the car itself and even enough to pay my rent. So I waited to be no longer "young adult" still now 25+ rates are unreasonable. Still a car was out of reach / prohibited by insurance rates until a friend told me to check out esurance backed by allstate. I got 250ish a month now, so then I ordered a Tesla back in October, but after the 8K price hike which could have also helped with my insurance rates if I paid 8K less lol. So check out esurance.
Where do you live? BK is notorious for high insurance. I need to call geico back to see if the rates has changed...