Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same (feel your pain), worse, first time driver so even more insane got $650 a month with Geico even when I'm 25+ now. NYC insurance is insane, got $1,800 quote a month when I got my license at 18, prohibited me from owning a car. More expensive than the car itself and even enough to pay my rent. So I waited to be no longer "young adult" still now 25+ rates are unreasonable. Still a car was out of reach / prohibited by insurance rates until a friend told me to check out esurance backed by allstate. I got 250ish a month now, so then I ordered a Tesla back in October, but after the 8K price hike which could have also helped with my insurance rates if I paid 8K less lol. So check out esurance.
NY sounds insane.

Reactions: cc333
Congrats on the VIN!!!

The frustration part is your RN number is 200,000 higher than mine and makes me frustrated a car ordered 200K after I placed my order is getting a VIN.

Anyone else have an RN# of 1157xxxxx or lower and no VIN?
I recall hearing that the RN number is not sequential. They're in batches with wide number ranges, but avoid sequential numbers precisely because they don't want the exact numbers of orders placed to be private.

Congrats on the VIN!!!

The frustration part is your RN number is 200,000 higher than mine and makes me frustrated a car ordered 200K after I placed my order is getting a VIN.

I also have RN 1157XXXXX. Currently 227 days and counting...and my EDD just says "June". Been like that since 4/25.

Reactions: ultracoop
Congrats on the VIN!!!

My RN# is not that far back, but still lower than his at 1158... Maybe it was an upgrade to MYP, or he added FSD...

Then again, if the numbers are not sequential, not sure if it means anything to have an "earlier" number...

I also have RN 1157XXXXX. Currently 227 days and counting...and my EDD just says "June". Been like that since 4/25.
Dang you most have ordered on 9/30 since I am sitting at 227 days as well.

My window right now is 5/20-6/3 but with no VIN and entering my window in 4 days it might as well say June since I don't think I'm getting my car in May.

Here's to not getting pushed past June?!?!? Yet.......

VIN assigned yesterday and delivery scheduled for this week (as soon as tomorrow) in PA.

Ordered MYLR (w/ induction wheels) in Oct '21 for May EDD
May became June EDD.
June became ~August 16-Sept 16 EDD

After waiting 6 months, I got tired of it and upgraded to a MYP on April 30th. Two days later my EDD changed to May 17-31.
1 day later: May 18-30
5/15: VIN Assigned and EDD moved to 5/27-5/31.
5/16: Received a text from my SA saying the car is actually arriving tomorrow (5/17).

Dang you most have ordered on 9/30 since I am sitting at 227 days as well.

My window right now is 5/20-6/3 but with no VIN and entering my window in 4 days it might as well say June since I don't think I'm getting my car in May.

Here's to not getting pushed past June?!?!? Yet.......
I ordered 10/1, so a day after you. At this point, I'll be happy to take delivery in June assuming I can count on that. Being we're both MN, maybe ours will be on the same truck, when and if that ever happens.

Reactions: Kubelfan