Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not here. Super quiet. Funniest sound I hear is when my wife backs up and you hear the crazy ufo sound
That's great! For the first couple of days, I wasn't sure if the whine was intentional and part of the UFO/spaceship theme sound for pedestrian warning, but then I realized it wasn't when I was hearing it even at highway speeds!

Not sure about pitch, but do hear whines. Have dual pane front windows, yet it still seem noisy than expected, same situation, don't have another Y to compare to. Also feel like the ride is harsher / bumpier than I expected, heard Y is not the smoothest ride, but also heard they improved the suspension recently... if only there was another vehicle I can benchmark / compare to, then if it's different enough I can complain.
I think I've only owned budget cars so the suspension doesn't seem too bad to me. Not as smooth as my Toyota Sienna minivan, but I kind of expected that. Not sure how it is in the back seat. I know that on my brother's Mach-E, the front seats were reasonably good with suspension but the rear seats were terrible. The suspension would constantly bottom out and transfer all the shock from potholes without any semblance of dampening. But yeah, hard to tell if it is normal or not without other MY cars to compare against.

Mine does this, I started a thread on this last week.
It’s so annoying, sounds like a dog whistle! Sometimes I can hear it over the music and sometimes I can’t.
I do have a service apt scheduled but it’s not til June.
I didn’t notice it today while running errands, but I also had the music turned up pretty loud 😂
Thanks for the heads-up! Posted in your thread and I'll be watching that to see the outcome for others. Like you, it really bothers me, especially now that I know to listen for it :(

It seems to be a growing concern reported by more and more Y owners, and I have seen some from M3 owners as well. Most of these reports end up with quick dismissal by Tesla service tech, but some, albeit very few who pressed Tesla for a solution have gotten them fixed by replacing and/or installing for the first time (how does this even happen?!) the insulation striping around the rear battery component; sorry the name escapes me.

Here are some past posts to read through if you haven't already: Search results

Definitely schedule a service appointment, and demand results. We're not talking about rear belt buckle knocking around during the drive kind of problem anymore...
Thanks. I did find those and some other reddit threads too. I believe the usual culprit in the occasions where they do agree to fix the issue are - A missing/incorrectly installed penthouse perimeter seal or an issue with the grounding strap on the rear drive unit.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Introducing Mario Car(t). After getting our VIN on Tuesday, we picked up our MYLR yesterday from the Portland, OR DC. The staff was super friendly and we had the paperwork and trade-in steps done in about 10 minutes after which we turned our focus to an inspection. Pretty much everything was picture perfect aside from a slightly off-centered front hood and a tiny set of scratches near a door handle. We got those documented and will have a service call placed to address those shortly. Otherwise, all went well and the 225 mile ride home was sweet aside from the few jerks who thought the interstate was the Indy 500, weaving across all lanes in some cases at an estimated 90+mph. But I digress. So, good luck everyone still waiting on delivery. :)
PXL_20220523_221152340.jpg
PXL_20220523_221010869.PORTRAIT.jpg

Introducing Mario Car(t). After getting our VIN on Tuesday, we picked up our MYLR yesterday from the Portland, OR DC. The staff was super friendly and we had the paperwork and trade-in steps done in about 10 minutes after which we turned our focus to an inspection. Pretty much everything was picture perfect aside from a slightly off-centered front hood and a tiny set of scratches near a door handle. We got those documented and will have a service call placed to address those shortly. Otherwise, all went well and the 225 mile ride home was sweet aside from the few jerks who thought the interstate was the Indy 500, weaving across all lanes in some cases at an estimated 90+mph. But I digress. So, good luck everyone still waiting on delivery. :)
View attachment 807960View attachment 807961
Another fellow Team Blue member! 🙂 Great pics. I've only fallen more in love with the color since I picked mine up early last week. Absolutely no regrets with my order configuration.

MYLR: White/White/7seat/tow/gemini OD: 9/28, modified 10/1 adding tow EDD: Mar/Apr -> Feb/Mar -> Mar/Apr -> June -> Mar/Apr (12/17) -> Feb/Mar (12/25) -> June (1/5) -> Feb27/Mar27 (1/15) -> Apr12/May10 (2/4) -> June (3/10) -> July30/Aug27 (3/12) -> May19/Jun30 (3/22) -> Apr29/Jun3 (3/29) -> May8/Jun5 (4/11) -> May13/May27 (4/25) -> May31/Jun28 (5/8) -> June (5/23)

Reactions: Lightbulb
MYLR: White/White/7seat/tow/gemini OD: 9/28, modified 10/1 adding tow EDD: Mar/Apr -> Feb/Mar -> Mar/Apr -> June -> Mar/Apr (12/17) -> Feb/Mar (12/25) -> June (1/5) -> Feb27/Mar27 (1/15) -> Apr12/May10 (2/4) -> June (3/10) -> July30/Aug27 (3/12) -> May19/Jun30 (3/22) -> Apr29/Jun3 (3/29) -> May8/Jun5 (4/11) -> May13/May27 (4/25) -> May31/Jun28 (5/8) -> June (5/23)
Mine is 7 seater too. no FSD, white/black. OD 10/22. EDD : Jun 10 - July 8. Did you get your vin assigned ?

Mine is 7 seater too. no FSD, white/black. OD 10/22. EDD : Jun 10 - July 8. Did you get your vin assigned

A bit off-topic, but for those who have gotten delivery, is anyone else experiencing a high-pitched whine like a dentist's drill when getting on the throttle? It isn't super loud but quite noticeable and grating if I don't have music playing. I hear it at low speeds all the way to highway speeds with the frequency getting more high-pitched at faster speeds. Probably will open a service request about it. Have found some people online talking about drive unit grounding straps or missing isolation foam that can cause such issues, but I don't have any other MYLRs to compare against to see if my current experience is out of the ordinary (I don't recall hearing this when I test drove a year back)
I thought it was normal sounds from an EV

I’ve driven a lot of Priuses(Gigcar in Seattle) and they all make the same sound. Thought it was an EV engine whirl. Heard it for the first time today, but my battery was also under 15% and I was driving it to the supercharger and had a “preconditioning your battery” on the directions. Thought maybe it was because of that?

View attachment 807960View attachment 807961
Ah. Waiting for my blue one ☝️

I thought it was normal sounds from an EV

I’ve driven a lot of Priuses(Gigcar in Seattle) and they all make the same sound. Thought it was an EV engine whirl. Heard it for the first time today, but my battery was also under 15% and I was driving it to the supercharger and had a “preconditioning your battery” on the directions. Thought maybe it was because of that?
I have a 21 M3LR and it does not make this noise that we are hearing. It’s super quiet, I think that’s why I noticed it on the 22 MYLR. Going in for a service apt in June. Pretty sad when you have to schedule a service apt 4 days after you pick up your car.

Anyone in the NYC area are familiar with the insane toll / ez pass system? There's a green pass apparently, how does one enroll?
The Port Authority Green Discount Plan (PA GREEN) is available to eligible Class 1 vehicles with E-ZPass accounts at E-ZPass New York. Enrollment is required. The Port Authority Green Pass Discount Plan toll rate is $13.75 per peak trip and $8.25 per off-peak trip (plus $10.50 for each additional axle beyond two axles) for eligible vehicles.

Beginning February 1, 2022, the Port Authority Green Discount Plan is only eligible to Plug-In Electric and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles. A list of eligible vehicles can be found on the NYSERDA Drive Clean Rebate Eligible Models webpage. Vehicles enrolled in the plan prior to February 1, 2022 will be grandfathered into the plan.

To request the Green Discount Plan, please send a letter and include a copy of the registration to:

E-ZPass New York Customer Service Center
Customer Account Correspondence
P.O. Box 15187
Albany, NY 12212-5187

Updated Edd Was June 2-6 yesterday and today May26-June1, could it be on its way, fingers crossed.
Same here. Late last week we asked a question about payment and the response indicated the car was on track to arrive at Tyco Rd on June 1 (with the usual disclaimer about uncertainty etc) -- after such a long wait I guess I'm surprised to see anything run ahead of schedule. :D

No delivery appointment yet, though. Given the upcoming holiday weekend I expect we'll still be waiting till next week.