Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I'd post some eye candy in here. Just got a coat of Griot's 3-in-1 Ceramic wax on my car yesterday evening with good quality microfiber towels this time around and that made all the difference. Was so much easier! Highly recommended Griot's PFM towels and edgeless detailing towels. The car is really sparkling!

View attachment 812690

View attachment 812692
Looks great! I know you said you had accidentally made some small scratches in the paint the first time you washed it, did the new wax help with them by chance?

Reactions: Aviateur17
Same here. I just re-affirmed i'm paying cash and it went back to the normal view of waiting in Sept. jail. Either way, i'm hoping this is a sign that we will be getting our MY soon. I'm not getting an upgrade....no, not gonna do it.
I took advantage of the design being open for edit so I swapped over to white interior (had been on the fence for a long time about doing this anyway). I saved that change and re-confirmed my cash payment selection and when I saved it all it's now showing that I'm in June jail instead of September jail. Should be interesting to see how the EDD changes over the next week. I'm not holding my breath that I'll actually get it in June.

Looks great! I know you said you had accidentally made some small scratches in the paint the first time you washed it, did the new wax help with them by chance?
Good memory! Thanks for asking. Helped on some of the smaller ones I think. There are some larger ones that I'm not even sure if it was me or came that way. Probably me though. The AutoZone recommended microfiber towels (highly rated in their site) were absolute garbage and didn't absorb and pick up any of the wax and just pushed it around making it impossible to use to apply or buff and I ended up putting way too much pressure trying to buff it off not knowing any better.

But it's okay. I'm a guy who barely ever washed any of his past cars, so a few light scratches aren't really going to bother me too much. I already feel a bit ridiculous babying the car and the finish at the moment 😄. Just Rain-X'd the glass surfaces today as well. Hopefully I can go back to being a negligent car owner now that the car is protected for several months.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
I need to vent! After seven months of long wait my car is finally ready for pick up today. We had everything completed, even paid the downpayment thinking that the horrid delivery stories must be a tiny fraction. Well guess what? It turned out we are a part of that tiny fraction, or maybe it’s not that tiny after all.

Yesterday at five I saw Tesla calling. I thought it’ll be the typical we look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning blah blah. Then I heard “sorry we have a bad news”. Apparently my car was backed into on the front by another car when it’s charging to get ready for delivery about an hour earlier. The Tesla rep was trying to tell me it’s cosmetic and they will just need to order a new bumper and replace the damaged one and everything behind it. But when I saw the photo it’s a like wrench to my gut. We aren’t talking about a paint scrape - it’s a deep cut through wound right beneath the parking sensor! I don’t know whether that’s cosmetic or not but I really cannot bring myself to accept a $60k NEW car that was damaged like this. A lot of frustration and logistic panic (we’ve sold the other car to make room for the Y) later, I told the rep we will have to refuse the car. Now we are back to waiting for another VIN match. I know this doesn’t happen that often. But when it happens when you are all pumped up for the long awaited delivery, it’s devastating.

SO, whoever backed into a white model Y at the Houston service center on June 3, I need an apology from you!

Question for those who has refused delivery, how long did it take you to be rematched? Now we are left to figure out how to survive this period with just one car. I see a lot of Uber rides in my future…
That is awful. Sorry. 😢

Good memory! Thanks for asking. Helped on some of the smaller ones I think. There are some larger ones that I'm not even sure if it was me or came that way. Probably me though. The AutoZone recommended microfiber towels (highly rated in their site) were absolute garbage and didn't absorb and pick up any of the wax and just pushed it around making it impossible to use to apply or buff and I ended up putting way too much pressure trying to buff it off not knowing any better.

But it's okay. I'm a guy who barely ever washed any of his past cars, so a few light scratches aren't really going to bother me too much. I already feel a bit ridiculous babying the car and the finish at the moment 😄. Just Rain-X'd the glass surfaces today as well. Hopefully I can go back to being a negligent car owner now that the car is protected for several months.
I just drove my car officially this weekend, 3 weeks after taking delivery because I was working on putting frontal ppf, ceramic coat and blacking out the Gemini wheels. It took me days to finish each(specially ppf) and I was mostly working on it a couple of days a week. The prep work takes more time than actually putting on the ppf or ceramic coating. Had no prior experience but ppf came out perfect. The Ceramic coat surprisingly was tricky because it’s hard to see it flash on a white car so I messed it up a little (won’t see it unless you’re looking for it really hard). Overall I’m extremely happy with the results and glad I did all the work and put the protection on the car for a fraction of the cost.

Hope everyone gets their cars soon!

Attachments

• 3F686C6E-9FF2-4545-B303-A37EB3FBC077.jpeg
    3F686C6E-9FF2-4545-B303-A37EB3FBC077.jpeg
    591.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 02ACAB37-184B-43D3-9648-4AA8E85E7403.jpeg
    02ACAB37-184B-43D3-9648-4AA8E85E7403.jpeg
    723.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 56F78C8D-733A-421B-9053-68C2323B264E.jpeg
    56F78C8D-733A-421B-9053-68C2323B264E.jpeg
    559.8 KB · Views: 64
Good memory! Thanks for asking. Helped on some of the smaller ones I think. There are some larger ones that I'm not even sure if it was me or came that way. Probably me though. The AutoZone recommended microfiber towels (highly rated in their site) were absolute garbage and didn't absorb and pick up any of the wax and just pushed it around making it impossible to use to apply or buff and I ended up putting way too much prGood memory! Thanks for asking. Helped on some of the smaller ones I think. There are some larger ones that I'm not even sure if it was me or came that way. Probably me though. The AutoZone recommended microfiber towels (highly rated in their site) were absolute garbage and didn't absorb and pick up any of the wax and just pushed it around making it impossible to use to apply or buff and I ended up putting way too much pressure trying to buff it off not knowing any better.
Im glad it helped with some of them. I bought the Chemical Guys C4 Compound to see if it helps with some of the scratches. Very minor but under the led lighting in my garage I can see them and it drives me nuts.
I’ve always babied my cars. I think I wash them once a week and if it rains, they get an extra wash.
I’m having PPF installed on the front bumper and the lower portion of the doors-I’ve been reading due to design flaw, that area likes to get chipped! So that’s going this week for that and next week it’s off to the SC for that awful noise 😆

Reactions: orion2001
So am I Schaumburg, Il 6/13.
Just Rain-X'd the glass surfaces today as well. Hopefully I can go back to being a negligent car owner now that the car is protected for several months.
I like Aquapel over Rain-x. Aquapel is a once a year application. Rain-x just seems to wear off too often. Its made by PPG and Trico also OEMs it under their own brand. Just be careful buying it on Amazon. There're a lot of counterfeits for sale. Oh yeah, keep it off the paint around the windshield.

On a happier note, I got a call from Tesla yesterday saying they want to move my delivery date up a week. I'm now scheduled to pick it up on June 9. Yipee!

I took advantage of the design being open for edit so I swapped over to white interior (had been on the fence for a long time about doing this anyway). I saved that change and re-confirmed my cash payment selection and when I saved it all it's now showing that I'm in June jail instead of September jail. Should be interesting to see how the EDD changes over the next week. I'm not holding my breath that I'll actually get it in June.
And just like that EDD updated again today to Jul 27-Aug 31. A little better than Sept but not as exciting as June was yesterday. But just like Texas weather, I suspect if I wait a little longer it'll change again :)

I just drove my car officially this weekend, 3 weeks after taking delivery because I was working on putting frontal ppf, ceramic coat and blacking out the Gemini wheels. It took me days to finish each(specially ppf) and I was mostly working on it a couple of days a week. The prep work takes more time than actually putting on the ppf or ceramic coating. Had no prior experience but ppf came out perfect. The Ceramic coat surprisingly was tricky because it’s hard to see it flash on a white car so I messed it up a little (won’t see it unless you’re looking for it really hard). Overall I’m extremely happy with the results and glad I did all the work and put the protection on the car for a fraction of the cost.

Hope everyone gets their cars soon!
Can you share some details about self ppf? I want to do it but it's expensive at a shop. This car is already a little expensive for me but I take solace knowing I won't have to think about buying another one for a long time. TIA!

Can you share some details about self ppf? I want to do it but it's expensive at a shop. This car is already a little expensive for me but I take solace knowing I won't have to think about buying another one for a long time. TIA!
I bought the precut ppf from drive protected shop (you can look them up). They’ve been selling ppf for a while and have good reputation. The prep work is very crucial so don’t skip to putting on the ppf. There are tons of videos on YouTube on the prep as well as putting on the ppf it self. After watching tons of those videos, the hood, fenders and headlight/fog light were comparatively easier. The side mirror is tricky but the bumper was the hardest because it required securing a number of corners and stretching the material to make it to the other side. You need to take as much time as possible and have a lot of patience. Do the other panels first so you can get an experience.
I did the headlights, fog lights, side mirrors, rocker panel(lower back doors), trunk lip area, fenders, hood and bumper.

I bought the precut ppf from drive protected shop (you can look them up). They’ve been selling ppf for a while and have good reputation. The prep work is very crucial so don’t skip to putting on the ppf. There are tons of videos on YouTube on the prep as well as putting on the ppf it self. After watching tons of those videos, the hood, fenders and headlight/fog light were comparatively easier. The side mirror is tricky but the bumper was the hardest because it required securing a number of corners and stretching the material to make it to the other side. You need to take as much time as possible and have a lot of patience. Do the other panels first so you can get an experience.
I did the headlights, fog lights, side mirrors, rocker panel(lower back doors), trunk lip area, fenders, hood and bumper.
Thank you so much. I still don't have a vin yet so plenty of time to go thru videos to learn. Just curious, how much did it cost you to do all that and is it a more than one person job?