Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 10/11
EDD
My OD is 07/06/2021 and I complete one year from order date. My current EDD is July 30 to September 3rd. Not sure if this will hold as the date approaches. Given up on seeing my car! If it comes through, it is just a lottery win, I guess
I’m still hoping that giga Texas starts ramping up quickly for us east of TX and EDD dates move in the other direction for once.

There are no rational explanations on how the allocation algorithms works in Tesla. There is absolutely no transparency and the customer service folks have no clue and are unable to help. Tesla has an abusive customer service. Fed up with these guys!
If any other company does this to you, would you be thinking “scam”?

Just trying to think how this is NOT a scam. 🤔

• Funny
Reactions: JDEWD250
One more outstanding order and hopefully my experience makes others waiting feel a bit better.

OD 10/29/2021. MYLR white/white and tow, 19” no FSD. I posted sometime ago about my horrid delivery experience. Scheduled to pick up on June 4 and made full payment (partially financed through DCU) prior to delivery. Got a call from SC that the car was damaged on June 3 and had to reject it. I had all kinds of promises from the SA about matching the next available VIN and even let go of tow and white seat to make the match easier. My EDD had since went from mid June -> Sep-Oct -> July 12-26 -> July 19-Aug 16. I was hoping (and promised by SA) that things will start moving the right direction after their EOQ rush. But it actually got worse. My two week window in July got pushed out to a four week window two days ago.

With no response from Tesla on when a VIN can be assigned, I will be filing a complaint with the consumer protection agency soon. It may not change anything but I cannot remain silent when Tesla continues to hold my full payment (for more than a month now) without delivering a car. It’s not like they are not delivering the same configuration to other customers. It’s one more sale they can book without deducting one car from inventory.

I would also appreciate advice on the loan. It is still open under the rejected VIN as we were told by the SA to do so in order to swap the VIN once it rematches. Now my payment will start soon and DCU requires title to be received by them before late August. I serious double we will be able to meet that deadline. Should I cancel this loan now and ask Tesla to return the payment to DCU?

One more outstanding order and hopefully my experience makes others waiting feel a bit better.

OD 10/29/2021. MYLR white/white and tow, 19” no FSD. I posted sometime ago about my horrid delivery experience. Scheduled to pick up on June 4 and made full payment (partially financed through DCU) prior to delivery. Got a call from SC that the car was damaged on June 3 and had to reject it. I had all kinds of promises from the SA about matching the next available VIN and even let go of tow and white seat to make the match easier. My EDD had since went from mid June -> Sep-Oct -> July 12-26 -> July 19-Aug 16. I was hoping (and promised by SA) that things will start moving the right direction after their EOQ rush. But it actually got worse. My two week rndow in July got pushed out to a four week window two days ago.

With no response from Tesla on when a VIN can be assigned, I will be filing a complaint with the consumer protection agency soon. It may not change anything but I cannot remain silent when Tesla continues to hold my full payment (for more than a month now) without delivering a car. It’s not like they are not delivering the same configuration to other customers. It’s one more sale they can book without deducting one car from inventory.

I would also appreciate advice on the loan. It is still open under the rejected VIN as we were told by the SA to do so in order to swap the VIN once it rematches. Now my payment will start soon and DCU requires title to be received by them before late August. I serious double we will be able to meet that deadline. Should I cancel this loan now and ask Tesla to return the payment to DCU?
This is so complicated, I am sorry you had to go through this.

My order date is 10/2020 and I came off hold on 11/29/2021 - My car isnt arrived yet.
I would suggest you to cancel the loan. Why would you pay interest for the car you never got?

Just curious, your insurance which is tied to the VIN can be leveraged ?

This is so complicated, I am sorry you had to go through this.

My order date is 10/2020 and I came off hold on 11/29/2021 - My car isnt arrived yet.
I would suggest you to cancel the loan. Why would you pay interest for the car you never got?

Just curious, your insurance which is tied to the VIN can be leveraged ?
We cancelled the insurance after rejecting the car. The loan is more complicated as we were told Tesla takes three weeks to refund the loan payment to lender - hence the suggestion of leaving it open.

OD 10/29/2021. MYLR white/white and tow, 19” no FSD. I posted sometime ago about my horrid delivery experience. Scheduled to pick up on June 4 and made full payment (partially financed through DCU) prior to delivery. Got a call from SC that the car was damaged on June 3 and had to reject it. I had all kinds of promises from the SA about matching the next available VIN and even let go of tow and white seat to make the match easier. My EDD had since went from mid June -> Sep-Oct -> July 12-26 -> July 19-Aug 16. I was hoping (and promised by SA) that things will start moving the right direction after their EOQ rush. But it actually got worse. My two week window in July got pushed out to a four week window two days ago.

Thanks for sharing that experience, again reminder that it’s not over till it’s over… So lesson for those of us still here is that we bring the DCU check to pickup.

Thanks for sharing that experience, again reminder that it’s not over till it’s over… So lesson for those of us still here is that we bring the DCU check to pickup.
Hope our lesson saves others some pain. I don’t want to go too far with the conspiracy theory but some of my friends suspected that the damaged car photo we got may be a stock one to scare off naive customers like us who made the full payment early and will remain on the hook after rejecting the VIN. I didn’t believe in that at first but the longer I wait the more suspicious it becomes.

Reactions: MyMY22
I would be livid if that happened to me. It’s one thing to not deliver a car timely, but to hold your money and not deliver a car?

I don’t get why Tesla pressures you to make payment before the car even arrives. I know it’s nice to pick up the car in less than 5 minutes, but when stuff like this happens, I hold little faith that Tesla will do the right thing.

I would be livid if that happened to me. It’s one thing to not deliver a car timely, but to hold your money and not deliver a car?

I don’t get why Tesla pressures you to make payment before the car even arrives. I know it’s nice to pick up the car in less than 5 minutes, but when stuff like this happens, I hold little faith that Tesla will do the right thing.
In Texas, you are supposed to pay before the delivery. I'm not sure why.