Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy referral code please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im using MSE to get a new tariff and am looking at Exclusive Octopus 12M Fixed February 2020 v3 can I still use a referral code on this move .
If so who is next in line to send code .
Me, me, me :D

No, you can’t use the code on any comparison sites. They get the kickback, not you!

You may be offered a cheaper non-GO tariff via the comparison sites, but if you want to move onto GO you might as well use the code and get the £50.

Reactions: Cooper1275
Firstly thank you Ian for being faster than Sonic with the code,

I went through Ians code and looked at the cheapest 12m tariff offered by Octopus and they quote 14.7735p per kWh whereas MSE are quoting 13.472p per kWh Standing charge is the same. I do not want a smart meter (thats why Im moving away from NPower (bought by Eon)) letter through saying my meter is to old and needs replaced (load of crap) so given im using nearly 7000 kw (2019) im really not sure. Do Octopus push smart meters ?

Do Octopus push smart meters ?
Quite the opposite. I think you really have to chase them. GO of course requires a smart meter.

If you don’t want GO then you might well get a better rate through MSE or comparethemarket. A friend of mine who doesn’t have an EV moved via ctm and got a lower standing charge and unit rate. For him that worked out a better deal than the £50.