Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go Deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you look at your bill closely, it'll tell you what the average cost per unit was of your electricity. Go and IO work well if you can shift some of your usage (dishwasher, washing machine, tumble drier etc) off peak, and reduce peak use. You can then use your bill to compare what you're paying with the tracker rate. So say tracker is 20p for electricity today, if your bill says on average you're paying 25p, moving to tracker would be good, if it says on average you're paying 19p, then moving might not be so good.

In essence they've done the hard work for you.
Yes surprisingly how so many get distracted by flashing lights of other tariffs but the total cost at the end of the month is what counts!

Reactions: phil4
Agreed

They’re creeping up the off peak price whilst hammering us with ridiculous standing charges. I’m going to hang fire until turn of October and get requote then cos I think they’re trying to lock me into a deal based on current prices, whilst knowing the prices will drop beginning October
AFAIK Octopus' new plans are officially flexible rates not fixed rates, so they can go up or down depending on their whim, my IO rate has come down since I started it earlier this year. Sure you can wait on your current rate, but you aren't being locked into a new fixed rate at a disadvantageous figure if you switch now.

In your position I would look at some old bills, one in the summer, one in winter, and look at your split between peak and off-peak rates, multiply them by the new cost sand see if it's lower. I bet it is, that's a big saving on daytime so you would have to have be using 5x more electricity at night compared to daytime.