Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus SEG Tariff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PITA

Model 3 Performance
Sep 2, 2021
West Midlands, UK
When I joined Octopus Energy last year, I moved onto their Octopus Go Tariff. Nice...

5p per 1kWh between 00:30 - 04:30
13.72p per 1kWh all other times (Peak Rate)

But nobody told me at the time I can also apply for the Octopus Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) Tariff.

This pays 4.1p for any Solar Exported Power.

Just to let you know, this thing exsists and you should apply for it. Took me 4 MONTHS to get it sorted out. So Winter is the perfect timing ready for next Spring & Summer.

When I joined Octopus Energy last year, I moved onto their Octopus Go Tariff. Nice...

5p per 1kWh between 00:30 - 04:30
13.72p per 1kWh all other times (Peak Rate)

But nobody told me at the time I can also apply for the Octopus Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) Tariff.

This pays 4.1p for any Solar Exported Power.

Just to let you know, this thing exsists and you should apply for it. Took me 4 MONTHS to get it sorted out. So Winter is the perfect timing ready for next Spring & Summer.

Thanks for that.

I did wonder how long it takes, as I've just asked about it having recently had a few panels installed.

Reactions: PITA
We went with OVO for SEG, but only because they were 4p/kWh and were ok with us having a Powerwall (some SEG companies baulk at ESS as they consider them a potential source of "dirty" pixies, as in, non-solar). Not planning on switching to Octopus for the sake of 0.1p/kWh!

It does take a month or two to set up as they need to assign an export MPAN for your smart meter.