Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd charging interruption, car won't move

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 "S" with 96K miles. Phone notification that charging stopped [110V]. This after being hooked up 20 minutes and still having 175 miles on the pack. Never an issue with this slow charge setup. This time I go out to check and remove charge cable. Display advises some "electrical issue," declares the car needs service, light around charge port is not on and plug won't re-insert, can't put car into gear. A system reset [steering wheel buttons] does nothing. I wait until the next day, go out, car greets me as usual, everything is OK, and it's as if nothing has happened. I could contact Te$la but just wonder if this is a common hiccup and should be ignored. Is there a charging monitor part that is known to go out with advanced miles or age?

Do a reset. Then power off. If that doesn't fix it, replace the 12 volt battery. How old is your 12 v battery??
Mine died at 5 years, it was a 2012. Get battery at SC. You can change it. Hint , when u power off to change it, leave drivers door open. Put strap under to lift out. The videos aren't correct for antique. It will happen again, just replace 12v battery if u r still on original???

Good idea to keep an eye on the 12v battery; other threads have mentioned the Ohmmus. Meanwhile, I looked up the alerts - all have to do with the input charging voltage and condition [110V in this case]. I will reset the garage breaker! Now, why that should trigger yakking about "not restarting," and "service is required," I have no clue. Kudos to all who responded esp NewbyMayby who reminded me to look up the codes, and Derby Dave who just suggested an electrical glitch. Say, were the guys who built this car watching Gremlins?