Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odometer reset to zero twice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forgot that two or three weeks ago I looked down and my odometer read zero. After a mile or so it was back to true mileage. A week ago I received the warning, “Car may not restart!” SVC said my HV battery coolant heater was fried as well as my 12v batt after supercharging. A week after replacement I looked down tonight and my odometer was at zero again and reset to true again after a mile or so. They did a firmware update last week so I know it’s not that. My concern is that it is a deeper seated issue. Anyone have this before?

I forgot that two or three weeks ago I looked down and my odometer read zero. After a mile or so it was back to true mileage. A week ago I received the warning, “Car may not restart!” SVC said my HV battery coolant heater was fried as well as my 12v batt after supercharging. A week after replacement I looked down tonight and my odometer was at zero again and reset to true again after a mile or so. They did a firmware update last week so I know it’s not that. My concern is that it is a deeper seated issue. Anyone have this before?

Sounds like a communication issue between the cluster and the module that holds the odometer (or modules(s) if the system uses multiple copies) (would have expected dashes vs 0's though). I'd get it looked at. If SvC team contacts HQ, the engineers there will know what the potential root causes could be.
@verygreen @wk057 any thoughts?

Sounds like a communication issue between the cluster and the module that holds the odometer (or modules(s) if the system uses multiple copies) (would have expected dashes vs 0's though). I'd get it looked at. If SvC team contacts HQ, the engineers there will know what the potential root causes could be.
@verygreen @wk057 any thoughts?

That’s exactly what I was afraid someone was going to say.

Reactions: mongo
Update. Three days later and now not only did the Odometer reset to another Zero while driving but at the same time, the instrument cluster (I have the radio information set up to show on the right side) said, "Radio AM 0" Once again it lasted for about 30 seconds before it popped back to normal information but can't say for sure because I was obviously watching traffic. My SVC is looking into this and multiple other issues going on at the same time.

Update. Three days later and now not only did the Odometer reset to another Zero while driving but at the same time, the instrument cluster (I have the radio information set up to show on the right side) said, "Radio AM 0" Once again it lasted for about 30 seconds before it popped back to normal information but can't say for sure because I was obviously watching traffic. My SVC is looking into this and multiple other issues going on at the same time.

Any updates? Any diagnosis? I’m having intermittent 0 odometer, and the temperature also sometimes turns to dashes or gives a value that is totally wrong. I would also note that when my odometer returns to reading “normal,” it does miss some miles. It missed recording about 30 miles the first time and it skipped about 20 miles today.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
How do I get mine to reset to zero?
I think the @Hornedfrog1 is really Ferris Bueller!
A2zo.gif

I've had this happen to me twice in the last week now. Additionally, my external thermometer readout resets and then my HVAC and radio reset as well before returning to normal. Definitely a bit worrisome and would love to hear what others have found our WRT this issue.