Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Off menu" waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in this waiting room.

I wanted a LR RWD put didn't pull the trigger until after they made it Off Menu so..

Ordered online 10/21/18
  • Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive-----Changed Later
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Enhanced Autopilot
Called in and changed to LR on 10/22/18 was given a case# on the phone.

Still waiting for website to update to LR and no dates or any info yet.

I'm in this waiting room.

I wanted a LR RWD put didn't pull the trigger until after they made it Off Menu so..

Ordered online 10/21/18
  • Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive-----Changed Later
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Enhanced Autopilot
Called in and changed to LR on 10/22/18 was given a case# on the phone.

Still waiting for website to update to LR and no dates or any info yet.

You need to call in my man. That is way too long for the case not to have been updated on your end. I opened a case on 10.24, and by 10.31, it was closed.

Reactions: lensovet
Ordered Lemur 10/19 no prior reservation.

Reached out and told advisor I was open to LR when I considered distance, performance and upgrade cost.

Matched up 3-4 days later, requested delivery this week as I had a car to sell which was unloaded today.

Pickup is tmw

White, Black seats, aero , EAP added few days ago.

Vin 62xxx

Financing check in hand as of today, I reserve the right to walk away if I must based on finish or issues,

What exactly is a LEMUR???? I know that is what you see after you complete your order on a MR I think, but does it stand for anything besides that????

I opened my LR RWD off menu request on 10/22 and it still hasn't updated. Customer service says it's still pending.

Have a request from same day. I’ve called every week and they tell me they see my case but they are really backed up. I am getting more concerned with every passing day but there doesn’t seem to be anyone that can really do anything of substance except tell me to wait more. I know they are busy but these changes can’t be more than a few clicks of a mouse.

I called last Thursday, and they said if I don't see changes to call today.

In the Tesla official forum, a poster said that a phone rep told a poster that the order will not update until they have a car reserved and the MVPA is updated.

The wait continues...

I called last Thursday, and they said if I don't see changes to call today.

In the Tesla official forum, a poster said that a phone rep told a poster that the order will not update until they have a car reserved and the MVPA is updated.

The wait continues...

I was also told it wouldn’t change until I was assigned a VIN but I don’t really trust that and no other rep has told me that. It’s hard to know what to trust with Tesla reps.

PSA: For prospective, I am a Day 1 reservation holder.. Ordered the MR on 10/19 at 9am and placed the change order by 9:30am including email verification. Tesla did not update my order (case) until 11/2/2018 ... this was caling every 2nd day and going into the physical store every day.... LR RWD ++ WHITE interior....

For the referral code add ... that took from 10/19 until 11/6 to be completed.

Just an FYI. My referral code apparently did not get applied. I actually forgot to use the link when I ordered so I had to call to get it added the day after I ordered. I asked twice about it after I had gotten updates and they saw that it was noted to be added but when I took delivery, the DA told me he didn't see that active on my account. He had to put a ticket/email to CS to get it taken care of but will be checking in every once in awhile. I'd do the same if I were you to make sure it is active before you start supercharging and assuming its all free!

PSA: For prospective, I am a Day 1 reservation holder.. Ordered the MR on 10/19 at 9am and placed the change order by 9:30am including email verification. Tesla did not update my order (case) until 11/2/2018 ... this was caling every 2nd day and going into the physical store every day.... LR RWD ++ WHITE interior....

For the referral code add ... that took from 10/19 until 11/6 to be completed.

AZ-3, do you have a VIN assigned for the LR RWD with white interior? The best we can tell, nobody has actually been able to get any LR RWD with white interior. Still hoping for it, but keeping my Midnight Silver/Black interior delivery appointment.

10/21 - Order MR
10/24 - Decide to upgrade to LR, they had me reorder and cancel due to no referral on 21st order.
10/25 - Original order is canceled, receive refund immediately
10/29 - New order still MR, changes color and wheel size for some reason
10/30 - Call customer service, they tell me I'm out of luck on MR because they stopped off menu on 10/26, tell lady I ordered on 24th, she still says I'm not getting one
10/31 - Local service center says I'll get an LR, just waiting for ticket to be answered.
11/2 - Order still MR, call customer service again, finally someone recognizes there's a problem, says they will escalate the ticket and follow up. Order changes to LR hours later.
11/5 - Delivery scheduled for 11/10 at service center
11/6 - Get a call asking if I want to take home delivery on 11/7, sure.
11/7 - Get a call 1 hour before appointment saying while detailing they discovered that only half of my Model3 has clearcoat on it... They will have to rematch me with a new vehicle

Been a fun roller coaster so far.

• Informative
And here we go

Pickup for today just called.

Asked if I had a check ... yes.

Oh BTW the car has a service alert we need to move the delivery date.

Haha.... that makes me feel good about a $60k purchase .... service alert....

This isn't uncommon in the auto industry. The difference being that because a car is "assigned" to you, if that particular car has issues, it will hold things up.

Told another way: if you walked on to a dealership, a majority of the cars on the lot have been screened and fixed. You would be unaware of any brand new cars sitting in the service area, maybe getting a recall fixed, or a part checked out, etc etc. It just so happens that in this case, that car getting extra work is your car. Doesn't mean the car is any more or less defective than another. Maybe a sensor was bad, and they simply need to replace it.

In either case, I'm bummed for you man. But, at least you got closer than the rest of us here, ja ja.

Reactions: eloder and lensovet