Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off Topic Chatter from the Pictures thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. I got slammed for this very opinion earlier. I'm glad you are escaping such criticism because your statement is 100% accurate.
Easy, that's because we like @schoenlucht better than you! Now don't get all paranoid on us. Just because I want to post something like this
t0139.gif
every time I read one of your posts, doesn't mean I don't like you! :D

Same for the new Prius. I wonder if they have separate design teams at Toyota/Lexus or if they're competing to make the ugliest car - that car gets uglier and uglier with each revision. (Disclaimer: I own gen2 and gen 3 Prii).

I generally don't care too much about what a car looks like, and focus on the capabilities and specs, but the first time I saw Prius Gen 4 I actually thought it was some kind of attempt at humor.

FullSizeRender-325x252.jpg
It's like a cylon and a stormtrooper had a baby.

About the superchargers, you don't really know how the italy is made up if you think 23 is plenty.. :D No way i'm polemizing, i live in the north of italy, for me it's perfectly fine, but there are huge part where you simply can't reach

1) Yes, you can. Use any range calculator.

2) Seriously, you're going to talk about "where you can reach" to someone in a country with no superchargers, and where even the CHAdeMOs/Combos only go a fraction of the way around the country?

Italy has no worse of a supercharger density than the rest of Europe. You are in no way, shape or form supercharger-sparse.

just consider the mountains we have that cut the italy.. you will find out it's not so easy

No, you'll find out that you can do it just fine.

This is ridiculous. You have a full, rich supercharger network, we have bloody nothing, and you're complaining about yours as a reason why you're being passed by us in EV sales?

And FYI, you're not the only country with mountains. And are not one of the windiest countries on Earth, and battered by arctic storms through a long winter.

Add that we don't trust "we will make X supercharger in italy".. we are too used to "we will do it!" and nobody does it

Except, of course, that Tesla already did it. 23 times. Plus five stores and two service centres.

And of course, you need to buy a model S/X, for use it.. so it's almost pointless

As mentioned, you have a massive number of CCS/CHAdeMO chargers as well. You're blanketed in infrastructure.

Aside from ikea i never seen a charging port anywere else

Charging points are rarely ever randomly "seen"; you find them on a map.

and wee we have news that there is a charging port you need to have some cards, or call for someone to allow you to charge.. it's just to hassle for the gain.

Yes, welcome to everyone else's world.

Your points about Italians not spending much on cars and the lack of incentives are fair. But the other stuff isn't even remotely fair. You're describing the situation that the rest of mainland Europe is in, and which is far far better than the situation we're in here.

Again, I'm not blaming you for your country's lack of interest - I was just pointing it out. But if you're going to make excuses, make them at least be the right ones.

(And BTW, you don't spend that much less than the EU average on cars)

Last edited:
You have 23 superchargers and even more coming, how can you have a charging problem?

You do realize that buying a Tesla (even a used one) is still out of the reach of the vast majority of the population?
Just because Italy is the home of Ferrari doesn't mean that every Italian drives one. Even in Germany, which is always called such a "rich nation", the vast majority of cars on the road are sub 30K Euro vehicles. And of the ones above 30K Euro, the majority are company cars. And going by experience, most companies over here don't include Tesla in their offerings. Sad but true.
Perhaps Model 3 will finally make Teslas more mainstream over here as well.

You do realize that buying a Tesla (even a used one) is still out of the reach of the vast majority of the population?

Which might be a reasonable criticism, had the very next part of the post been:

And of course, you need to buy a model S/X, for use it.. so it's almost pointless

As mentioned, you have a massive number of CCS/CHAdeMO chargers as well. You're blanketed in infrastructure.

There's no way that you didn't see that.

For whatever reason.....Lexus is doing well over here.

Only 2K Teslas this year? That's the important statement. Someone is going to have to do something about that. There are superchargers going in there.....I don't get it.

Are Teslas and Lexus just too big for Germany? or...are they just too expensive?

Tesla and Lexus just aren't German enough for Germany. Really only US & UK are the only top tier markets with brand level parity

Same for the new Prius. I wonder if they have separate design teams at Toyota/Lexus or if they're competing to make the ugliest car - that car gets uglier and uglier with each revision. (Disclaimer: I own gen2 and gen 3 Prii).

I generally don't care too much about what a car looks like, and focus on the capabilities and specs, but the first time I saw Prius Gen 4 I actually thought it was some kind of attempt at humor.

FullSizeRender-325x252.jpg

It's so ugly even IT is crying.

Someone show some pictures then.........

Who's got some?...........

I don't think the thread is off track. There is nothing to show.
If I want discussion of sales figures, I go to those threads. If I want discussion of design features, I go there. If I want to see new pictures, I come here. If there aren't any, then so be it. At least I won't be wasting my time reading things that don't interest me.