Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ironically, that was a retaliatory tariff on chicken exports from the USA to the EU. So, if we are going with "who started this first" . . .

Again, no one wins in trade wars.
Other than seat manufacturers...
Ford Faces Potential $1.3 Billion Fine For Skirting 'Chicken Tax' Regulations With Transit Connect Imports
See also Subaru Brat

CNN out with a report that SpaceX says it won't pay for Starlink in Ukraine anymore.
Of course, the headline is Musk's SpaceX won't pay.

Not linking to article, but expect more anti-Elon news going forward.

It's hard to fathom the mental gymnastics required to simultaneously believe that:

1. The US government has paid for all of the Starlink terminals and service in Ukraine and Elon is lying by taking credit
2. Elon is an awful person for ceasing providing Starlink terminals and service unless the US government pays for them

Hoping Tesla hire a British designer soon to update the minimalist interior with a bit of European class. New Rolls Royce Spectre could be a good starting point:
1666101940466.png

🤮

Last edited:
Hoping Tesla hire a British designer soon to update the minimalist interior with a bit of European class. New Rolls Royce Spectre could be a good starting point:
View attachment 864990
🤮
Aesthetic taste is fully subjective. We have been conditioned by branding and high cost to assume that Rolls Royce is a style and taste leader so we are more inclined to see this interior as stylish. I find it ugly but at least if the baby's diaper leaks on the back seat, the stain won't show.

Aesthetic taste is fully subjective. We have been conditioned by branding and high cost to assume that Rolls Royce is a style and taste leader so we are more inclined to see this interior as stylish. I find it ugly but at least if the baby's diaper leaks on the back seat, the stain won't show.
That interior is awful. But I’m pretty sure every Rolls Royce interior is custom order. Hopefully no real customers have taste that bad.

Had 2 road bikes in the car and all the stuff inside. I would love a spare to fit inside the frunk. That’s be a game changer.

A spare used to fit in the large frunk of the rear wheel drive S, but now I'm stuck with one taking up space in the trunk.
Tire plugs can fill fairly large holes if you bunch them up and a can of fix a flat can air you up enough to get somewhere. There are also repair devices for sidewall tears.

What utter rubbish. Phone as Key works off BT. Not Wi-Fi.

If you have it paired...
It would be cell coverage, not wifi (unless they added the local network to the car)
The next morning, after studying the issue, he was able to get into the car by placing the key on a designated area on the vehicle, but Howerton said he was still unable to start the car.

Not this situation, but interesting
an important note about the key fob and RF interference.

My hope is they do NOT design the vehicle to depend on L4+ RT capability-- because I believe they will need to expand TAM sooner than they'll have L4 working (esp. in the EU)

We still see legacy mistakes in 3/Y that spawn from them believing L4+ was nearer than it really was (the poor blind spot alerting compared to nearly everything else on the market is one that comes up a LOT in the 3/Y forums for example-- because they assumed the car would be doing all your lane changes and it wouldn't be needed)- so in line with your thinking they should be designing a compact human-controls car and if they can engineer easy ways to remove those later, great- but it shouldn't be the focus of the design.
A robo-taxi platform should be somewhat simple to outfit with by-wire controls.

I wish Tesla would cancel the Roadster. It's an unproductive use of resources, and it reinforces the image of Teslas as vehicles for the elite. (I was glad to learn yesterday that Tesla is again working on a smaller, cheaper vehicle.)

I have similar concern about the Celestiq, but it's not quite as bad in this respect because GM also talks about moderately priced Chevrolet EV's, and Cadillacs aren't supposed to be meant for the proles.
As soon as I saw the pics of the Celestiq, all I could think of was that it looks like the 6000 SUX car from Robocop....
1666296429934.png

1666296607798.png

Hostage taker : "And I want a new car! And I want the city to pay for it all!"

Cop: "What kind of car Miller?"

Hostage taker: "Something with reclining leather seats, that goes really fast and gets really shitty gas mileage!"

Cop: How about the 6000 SUX?

"It's back. BIG is back. Because Bigger is better. 6000 SUX, an American tradition..."

Last edited: