Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found the setting for the Button!

Screenshot_20210814_133703.jpg

Elon now says button could come with V10 or V10.1:

Stop teasing us 🤣
I learned that timelines with Elon can only be trusted with specific dates. In x weeks/months or by the end of the quarter/year is just vapor 😕

Dont get me wrong, I want the beta, but I’m sure we’ll either get a specific release date OR we’ll get it when we get it…

Reactions: diplomat33
Stop teasing us 🤣
I learned that timelines with Elon can only be trusted with specific dates. In x weeks/months or by the end of the quarter/year is just vapor 😕

Dont get me wrong, I want the beta, but I’m sure we’ll either get a specific release date OR we’ll get it when we get it…

The reason I posted Elon's tweet is just to keep people updated. It is certainly possible, even probable, that the button won't come with V10. After all, we can see from the V9.2 release notes that Tesla is still new at the prediction and planning. So they got a lot on their plate to get FSD beta "good enough". It is entirely possible that V10 won't be good enough for the button. We shall see.

The reason I posted Elon's tweet is just to keep people updated. It is certainly possible, even probable, that the button won't come with V10. After all, we can see from the V9.2 release notes that Tesla is still new at the prediction and planning. So they got a lot on their plate to get FSD beta "good enough". It is entirely possible that V10 won't be good enough for the button. We shall see.
If it's good enough for the 70-odd FSD beta Testers, then it's good enough for anyone of us. I've seen no skillsets of the YT operators nor any FSD beta flaws that any current Tesla NAP User hasn't encountered using the current system on local lined roads and highways. It's unfair that the Opt-in "button" has been denied to PIF FSD Tesla owners. Why has Elon not been questioned about this inequality? Lawyers can paper over any concerns with NDA and HH&IA.

If it's good enough for the 70-odd FSD beta Testers, then it's good enough for anyone of us. I've seen no skillsets of the YT operators nor any FSD beta flaws that any current Tesla NAP User hasn't encountered using the current system on local lined roads and highways. It's unfair that the Opt-in "button" has been denied to PIF FSD Tesla owners. Why has Elon not been questioned about this inequality? Lawyers can paper over any concerns with NDA and HH&IA.

FSD Beta is not safe enough yet for mass deployment. We've seen plenty of examples with FSD Beta where if the driver had not intervened, it would have been a serious accident. If you deployed it wide now, the odds of someone not paying attention and an accidents happens, goes way up.

But I get that people who purchased FSD feel that they are owed the button. I bought FSD. I feel like I should get what I paid for. But I also want Tesla to release it when it is safe. It would be counterproductive to release an unsafe product.

Reactions: Matias
FSD Beta is not safe enough yet for mass deployment. We've seen plenty of examples with FSD Beta where if the driver had not intervened, it would have been a serious accident. If you deployed it wide now, the odds of someone not paying attention and an accidents happens, goes way up.

But I get that people who purchased FSD feel that they are owed the button. I bought FSD. I feel like I should get what I paid for. But I also want Tesla to release it when it is safe. It would be counterproductive to release an unsafe product.
My rant surely obscured my point which was supposed to be that all AP/NAP Tesla drivers, like myself, intervene and disengage these programs numerous times per sortie. What makes those lucky few better drivers, more aware or capable of disengaging or intervening to prevent collisions than the rest of us early adopters? The answer is: not a God damn thing!

No part of life is without risk and driving on cruise control in an ICE vehicle or current FSD (TACC, AP or NAP) is already fraught with danger. Everyone either accepts this and remains vigilant or simply dosen't use these defect laden features and relies solely on their own inadequacies.

Elon listens to some knowledgeable and industry-involved people on this forum - perhaps some on this forum? Plus, some of you know them or at least know how to communicate with these influential people. How about asking them to ask Elon to release the beta? What we already have is flawed - there is no difference except we MIGHT have to intervene or disengage a few less times per sortie. Regardless, most PIF FSD early adopters will be smiling on the inside (and I'll also be smiling on the outside like a Village Idiot) bc we would not be 2nd class Tesla owners anymore. Yay!

Those who don't want to be an early adopter simply need not accept the "FSD beta" terms&conditions. QED

My rant surely obscured my point which was supposed to be that all AP/NAP Tesla drivers, like myself, intervene and disengage these programs numerous times per sortie. What makes those lucky few better drivers, more aware or capable of disengaging or intervening to prevent collisions than the rest of us early adopters? The answer is: not a God damn thing!

Sorry. Yeah, I agree with that. Elon said Tesla picked the safest drivers for FSD Beta. I call BS. I think Elon gave special priority to the youtube influencers. That's why all the Tesla fan youtube channels like Whole Mars, Frenchie, Dirty Tesla etc.. got FSD Beta first. I think Elon wanted FSD Beta to create good marketing buzz for Tesla.

Sorry. Yeah, I agree with that. Elon said Tesla picked the safest drivers for FSD Beta. I call BS. I think Elon gave special priority to the youtube influencers. That's why all the Tesla fan youtube channels like Whole Mars, Frenchie, Dirty Tesla etc.. got FSD Beta first. I think Elon wanted FSD Beta to create good marketing buzz for Tesla.
I don't know about the others, but at least Dirty Tesla ("Dan"?) has routinely opined during his videos that he wants everyone to get FSD beta ASAP. Maybe that's not the same as challenging Elon on the subject, but I certainly appreciate his sentiments.

However, there would seem to be a conflict of interest for those who earn an income demonstrating FSD-beta. I'll admit, I rather enjoyed my time as one of the few Model Y owners in my small town - and, found myself less and less (and less) thrilled to see my 'twins' becoming more and more pervasive. First world 'problems' are rather silly, huh? Still, I'm able, ready&waiting, Mr. Musk!

Related, I guess...

Related, I guess...

Thanks but it's been discussed in a different thread here: Decoding FSD Beta 9.2 release notes

• Informative
Reactions: GeoffEV
employees are a different breed. totally differerent group of people; in fact, if I was running the beta, the employees would have a different code base and even 'instrumented' cars with extra sensors and db9 taps (etc etc) for stuff. they are the 'friendlies' and you can be 100% honest and on the level with them. you can also probably get more detailed info from their cars than non-employee cars.

elon controls what employees do and say and film. so if a big 'oops' happens, we will NEVER know. you cant manage that level of control with regular users (china does with their users, but that's china..)

employees are a different breed. totally differerent group of people; in fact, if I was running the beta, the employees would have a different code base and even 'instrumented' cars with extra sensors and db9 taps (etc etc) for stuff. they are the 'friendlies' and you can be 100% honest and on the level with them. you can also probably get more detailed info from their cars than non-employee cars.

elon controls what employees do and say and film. so if a big 'oops' happens, we will NEVER know. you cant manage that level of control with regular users (china does with their users, but that's china..)

But FSD Beta is in the hands of youtubers who are filming whatever they want. Elon is not controlling those videos.

Reactions: GeoffEV
Just offering a different perspective here. Reach has little to do with "good enough" or "I paid for". It's buggy and they know that. With any buggy/beta software, the idea of a controlled release is mainly to control how much feedback you get. You iron the wrinkles and as feedback decreases (increased reliability), you extend the reach, until it's unbound.

Don't get me wrong, I want it too. And I'd hit the button in a "fartbeat". But unfortunately I could not convince them to get me in the Early Access Program, so I must wait. (I actually sent them 2 or 3 emails)

I was promised automatic driving in city streets in 2019. I don't have that.
I would argue you were not. The closest thing to FSD in 2019 you were promised was contingent of software validation and regulatory approval (which obviously did not happen). If you firmly believe you were misled, go to court. I'm not even being sarcastic, I'll honestly support you!