Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Offline use and lte connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t picked up my car yet. But I’m interested to know for those that have a car already what the experience is like with connectivity. I was surprised that for example Spotify doesn’t have an offline mode or maps.
Have people found it being an issues?

H

ave you driven through large areas of no connectivity. Does the map cache some of the journey ?
With no LTE connectivity you won't be able to run Spotify, I think there's a limited cache available for songs you've previously streamed but can't be sure.

For the maps, in satellite view it goes blurry then eventually no background image is displayed. I don't drive with the regular road view so not sure what happens after you've been disconnected for a while.

I was getting quite confused with all the audio options on the screen until, despite heavily mocking the voice command system for controlling the car, I started using it for radio/internet playback. I press the button and say,'Play radio 4'..and up it pops. Same for any other station. If a song pops into my mind, again, press the button and ask it to play and it does. Or, I just say to play my Spotify playlist etc - no problem.
I'd go so far as to say that of all the features on the car, to me, this is one of the most impressive.
As far as connectivity, I drive through rural areas of France where you can still see people in berets and striped shirts but apart from a five second buffering on tunein when changing stations, I find no interruptions.